Everyone has the dual core

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    I keep thinkinh how CES seems to have a lot of "bang," but that so much of the vendors cancel out each others' thunder. Anyone pay attention to the my-flat-panel-dwarves-yours thing going on?

Apple has a psychological advantage by remaining separate. Memories are short, except for geeks who hang on every announcement. By being after CES, Apple will stay in the headlines longer (overshadowing the previous week's announcements) and all by itself, with little else competing for space.

It's a wise move. Apple may end up having the same hardware to some degree, but as we've seen with the iPod, using the same off the shelf parts in a new way can pay off bigtime. With Intel processors, the speed of the computer is not going to cloud the debate over real usability anymore.

It's odd hoping for the weekend to end more quickly...
  • Reply 22 of 24
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hypoluxa

Well I for one just got my DC 2.3 G5 yesterday and it is great. Ill be using this for quite a long while...

Great news for you hypoluxa! I'm just waiting one more day before I finally capitulate and buy a PowerMac in the mega configuration....
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubit

Great news for you hypoluxa! I'm just waiting one more day before I finally capitulate and buy a PowerMac in the mega configuration....

I was playing the waiting game as well, then I came to the conclusion that upgrading my 300 mhz G3 to any new current G5 tower would be a major improvment in productivity etc.. I ordered it with 2 gb of ram and the 7800 GT card, this machine is a beast. It is fast, and PS CS runs great on it, along with the other apps as well. Flash MX 2004 however doesnt seem to lauch that fast, seems to be getting hung up on initializing the fonts for some reason, but it lauches after a few minutes...I dont have that many fonts installed either..
  • Reply 24 of 24
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

Mine, too.

Well after your done with it can I borrow it?