iLife '06

13

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 70
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    I just want to know more about iWeb. So I guess the following are questions for you iL06 adopters.



    Does it support anything other than .Mac? Or is it useless without it? (I don't surrently have my own webpage, but I will sometime soon and I know I won't be using .Mac).



    Does it have a code view and editor? Can templates be modified/tweaked? Can you forego the templates and build your own?



    Is it compatible with Pages? I.e., can you create something in Pages and transfer it to iWeb, then publish it (in either/both .Mac or/and whatever other webhosting service you use)?



    Get to work you guys/gals!
  • Reply 42 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by DCQ



    Does it support anything other than .Mac? Or is it useless without it? (I don't surrently have my own webpage, but I will sometime soon and I know I won't be using .Mac).

    Get to work you guys/gals!




    I talked to a friend last night that is at macworld and he said that you can use it to publish to your own webserver without .mac ~ which makes it much more desirable for me...
  • Reply 43 of 70
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by AWILL

    Does anyone have any idea when these will be available to buy in the store? I called 2 stores and they don't have any idea when we can buy them. I know it was just released, but is there a normal lag time to get them in the retail stores?



    I walked into Apple SoHo and they had a bunch of iLife '06 DVDs on the wall.
  • Reply 44 of 70
    dwsdws Posts: 108member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by debenm

    I talked to a friend last night that is at macworld and he said that you can use it to publish to your own webserver without .mac ~ which makes it much more desirable for me...



    Be aware that iWeb does not include an integrated FTP client, so you'll need some other way to actually move the folders onto the internet. There are many free options; my favorite is RBrowser.
  • Reply 45 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dws

    Be aware that iWeb does not include an integrated FTP client, so you'll need some other way to actually move the folders onto the internet. There are many free options; my favorite is RBrowser.



    No way man: Cyberduck all the way. If you were really desperate you could just use Apple's "Go > Connect to server" in the finder.
  • Reply 46 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by icfireball

    No way man: Cyberduck all the way. If you were really desperate you could just use Apple's "Go > Connect to server" in the finder.



    I thought FTP in the Finder was still read-only? I tend to use CyberDuck or some Perl scripts I hacked together myself.



    --> Stephen
  • Reply 47 of 70
    Hate to interupt the interesting chatter, but I don't have my own homepage either but am thinking to make one this year, so I want to know waht doing so requires. I have .Mac, but might start a page for my small company on a seperate server.



    What are you guys describing? FTP, cyberducks and superchickens... Is this the FFetch program of old? I used it once or twice to do something but can't recall what.
  • Reply 48 of 70
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,591member
    Just loaded iLife 06. Awesome. It was worth it for iPhoto alone.



    iWeb is nice with a RapidWeaver feel but it has a ways to go. ,-- granted I only have messed with it for 30 minutes so far.
  • Reply 49 of 70
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,591member
    Just loaded iLife 06. Awesome. It was worth it for iPhoto alone.



    iWeb is nice with a RapidWeaver feel but it has a ways to go. ,-- granted I only have messed with it for 30 minutes so far.
  • Reply 50 of 70
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    So, apart from aplenub (thanks aplenub) does anyone else have any impressions on iLife '06? Specifically iPhoto.



    Thanks!
  • Reply 51 of 70
    Has any one tested the DVD in a non dual layer drive yet. Someone said the packaging only had 1 dual layer disk.
  • Reply 52 of 70
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Gene Clean

    So, apart from aplenub (thanks aplenub) does anyone else have any impressions on iLife '06? Specifically iPhoto.





    Check out this thread over at dpreview:

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16671731
  • Reply 53 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by icfireball

    Has any one tested the DVD in a non dual layer drive yet. Someone said the packaging only had 1 dual layer disk.



    All DVD drives can read Dual Layer discs. Probably 80% of your DVDs are dual layer discs.



    So don't worry about that.



    JBL:



    thanks. I'll go check it out now.
  • Reply 54 of 70
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by icfireball

    Has any one tested the DVD in a non dual layer drive yet. Someone said the packaging only had 1 dual layer disk.



    Worked fine in one of my old computers. Read without any issues.
  • Reply 55 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aplnub

    Just loaded iLife 06. Awesome. It was worth it for iPhoto alone.





    Could you check to see if the exposure slider on the photo adjust HUD is still calibrated on a ±100 scale, or is it done in f stops?



    Thanks .
  • Reply 56 of 70
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,591member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by digitaldave

    Could you check to see if the exposure slider on the photo adjust HUD is still calibrated on a ±100 scale, or is it done in f stops?



    Thanks .




    -100 to +100



    That sucks.
  • Reply 57 of 70
    Thanks for checking . It's not a major problem for me, as I usually tweak photos visually rather than go by the numbers, but it would be handy to have it in the common f stop terminology, partly for familiarity, and partly to help learn about exposing correctly.



    Dave.
  • Reply 58 of 70
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,591member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by digitaldave

    Thanks for checking . It's not a major problem for me, as I usually tweak photos visually rather than go by the numbers, but it would be handy to have it in the common f stop terminology, partly for familiarity, and partly to help learn about exposing correctly.



    Dave.




    I am with you there. I am on the verge of buying Aperture but I don't make my living taking photo's so I can't justify it, yet...





  • Reply 59 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by aplnub

    I am with you there. I am on the verge of buying Aperture but I don't make my living taking photo's so I can't justify it, yet...









    I would be on the verge of buying Aperture if I had a computer that would actualy run it.
  • Reply 60 of 70
    Quote:

    Originally posted by icfireball

    I would be on the verge of buying Aperture if I had a computer that would actualy run it.



    I'd be on the verge of buying Aperture if it didn't have massive problems.



    And if I had a computer I could run it on.
Sign In or Register to comment.