Name the New PowerMac

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Mac Pro

If logic should prevail it should be named MacMac Pro but thats just silly.

Code:

iMac | Mac Pro

----------------

iBook | MacBook Pro

Exactly !!!! no doubt about it, I'll eat my hat if this is not the new naming scheme!

Sincerely

Zab the Fab
  • Reply 62 of 74
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Powermac all about the power chip

intel mac pro level = Bunnymac!

• Reply 63 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Powermac all about the power chip

intel mac pro level = Bunnymac!

he he I like that nick... BUNNY MAC
  • Reply 64 of 74
    Ok

Notebooks-------------------Desktops

macbook mini (nano)------------imacmini (nano)

ibook= macbook-----------------imac

macbook pro---------------------imac pro

Maybe but prolly just

macbook mini (nano)----------mac mini (nano)

macbook----------------------imac

macbook pro--------------------mac pro
  • Reply 65 of 74
    screw it all.

just go alphanumeric like real PC manufacturers
  • Reply 66 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by nathan22t

screw it all.

just go alphanumeric like real PC manufacturers

You're pretty brave saying that in an Apple forum
  • Reply 67 of 74
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    The new desktop machine will be called the MacTower Pro.

Which will fit well, now that its portable companion is now called the MacBook Pro.

You heard it here first....
  • Reply 68 of 74
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Which will fit well, now that its portable companion is now called the MacBook Pro.

Frank, I'm right with ya baby. It will give the pro line products a uniform cadence.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

That is so obvious, hadn't even thought about it? !!

MacTower Pro

MacBook Pro

iMac

iBook
  • Reply 70 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

That is so obvious, hadn't even thought about it? !!

MacTower Pro

MacBook Pro

iMac

iBook

That sounds good and it shows uniformity. The iMac and iBook are 'consumer' models with looks and names that are similar and you can tell which one is a portable. The same goes for the 'professional' models. My predictions are a little bit different because I am basing them on product lines instead of "consumer vs. professional", and they are:

Servers:

- MacServe

- MacServe RAID

Stand-alones:

- Mac Pro

- Mac ?

- Mac mini

All-In-Ones:

- iMac

Portables:

- MacBook Pro

- MacBook

The 'Mac ?' will look just like the Mac Pro but will have one processor, two drive bays, holds three or four hard drives, one ethernet connection, 4GB RAM max, no FireWire800, and maybe add another USB 2.0 connection. I doubt the 'Mac ?' will see the light of day because it would most likely eat into the iMac and Mac Pro sales. I know I would buy a 'Mac ?' before an iMac.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

That sounds good and it shows uniformity. The iMac and iBook are 'consumer' models with looks and names that are similar and you can tell which one is a portable. The same goes for the 'professional' models. My predictions are a little bit different because I am basing them on product lines instead of "consumer vs. professional", and they are:

Servers:

- MacServe

- MacServe RAID

Stand-alones:

- Mac Pro

- Mac ?

- Mac mini

All-In-Ones:

- iMac

Portables:

- MacBook Pro

- MacBook

The 'Mac ?' will look just like the Mac Pro but will have one processor, two drive bays, holds three or four hard drives, one ethernet connection, 4GB RAM max, no FireWire800, and maybe add another USB 2.0 connection. I doubt the 'Mac ?' will see the light of day because it would most likely eat into the iMac and Mac Pro sales. I know I would buy a 'Mac ?' before an iMac.

I think your suggestion is even more logical because you take into account ALL of Apple's producs not just the most talked about "Matrix" of products.

When Apple started out with the "i" line and the "power" line that was all they got! Now they have the mini, server etc etc.

Now that they are chaning the name scheme it would be wise to make room for the whole line of products UNLESS.....

what we'll see in the future is both af pro and consumer version of "Server" ?

Could it be MacServer Pro and MacServer ? Or will it be iMac Server instead?

I guess the possibilities are endless he he. Time will tell.

I think the new MacBook Pro is a great name and the negative reaktion is just typical Mac users unfortunately. We are so used to the old names and all.

MacBook Pro sounds COOL. It tells you it's a Mac. It tells you it's in a book form ie. protable and it tells you it's the Professional version. PERFECT! !!!

Sincerely

Zab the Fab
  • Reply 72 of 74
    I'd love to see a Macintosh. Then again, I am nostalgic.
  • Reply 73 of 74
    I really want the iMac to be replaced by the Macintosh, they couldn't reintroduce the "Macintosh" and make it be a standalone desktop. The mac was an all-in-one, the imac is the updated version of the original macintosh.
  • Reply 74 of 74
    inubinub Posts: 45member
    Maybe they'll stop with the crazy code name reference and give them model numbers again.

Which Powerbook do you have? 603e? G3? G4? Firewire? Which screen resolution? Revision? Pff. I hate that.

"I own a Macbook Pro 1220" would be so much easier.