2006 predictions - part one

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Apple: Will release a competitive Photoshop-like Photo.app.

Tech: Breakthrough of holographic displays

Other: Germany gets the Fussball championship
  • Reply 22 of 62
    ry-garry-gar Posts: 23member
    APPLE: Invents a next-generation plastic for iBooks and iPods that is so glossy it appears to be glistening-wet at all times and so scratch-prone that even removing the new product from the package makes it instantly look like it's got more swirlmarks than an 8 year old Hyundai thats been through too many brush-action car washes.

TECH: We begin to see fuel-cells and NAND memory in laptops! The death of the 50 year old hard drive technology is finally upon us!
  • Reply 23 of 62
    Apple:

- They will release Leopard, and be out the door with it before the end of the year

- They will update their base stations, and have a quiet way of upgrading them to the N standard once ratified.

Tech:

- Windows Vista will not come out until Q2 of 2007 at the earliest.

- Of the console wars, Nintendo will come out on top, due to price and availability.

Other:

- Bush will get a lower than 30% approval rating. Impeachment process may begin in the late part of the year, after the November elections.
  • Reply 24 of 62
    filis10filis10 Posts: 6member
    - New Mac Pro's, a lot better looking than the PowerMac's! (i hate that grid at the front)

- New eMac, not similar to the iMac but different looking to the old eMac.

- Leopard will be released in time for christmas, to really put the pressure on Vista.

- Leopard's Boot Camp will be similar to Parallels.

- A Movie Store, but not in the Music Store, on its own within iTunes... or

- Possibly a new app, called something like MacMedia or iMedia, that contains iTunes and a real video playing app (rather than that in iTunes). Then the music store and movie store can all integrate.

- Definately an iPhone.

I think that there is definately something special in the works. Apart from the Nano, Apple have really just been updating products over the last year and not really introducing revolutionary products.

p.s. I do love my MacBook thou!

p.p.s The Wii is going to rock the console world.
  • Reply 25 of 62
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filis10

- New Mac Pro's, a lot better looking than the PowerMac's! (i hate that grid at the front)

- New eMac, not similar to the iMac but different looking to the old eMac.

- Leopard will be released in time for christmas, to really put the pressure on Vista.

- Leopard's Boot Camp will be similar to Parallels.

- A Movie Store, but not in the Music Store, on its own within iTunes... or

- Possibly a new app, called something like MacMedia or iMedia, that contains iTunes and a real video playing app (rather than that in iTunes). Then the music store and movie store can all integrate.

- Definately an iPhone.

I think that there is definately something special in the works. Apart from the Nano, Apple have really just been updating products over the last year and not really introducing revolutionary products.

i hope hope hope you're right about #3 and #4 i want to buy a new mac end of year but not without leopard-virtualization, and the new chips intel just announced. i too believe there is something very sweeeeet waiting in the wings for the 4th quarter not only typical hardware and software but a whole new product line for christmas. all will take much of vista talk to the curb for some time. maybe strategically timed to stay in the news the 4th q and first q of 07. Also when will apple incorporate a 180+perpendicular drive in it's mac book pro line??

• Reply 26 of 62
    Does anyone know how and where we will be able to view the a webcast for Steve's keynote? Or otherwise, I'm wondering if there will be some organisation that is giving up to the minute updates on their web site?

Thank you!
  • Reply 27 of 62
    spindlerspindler Posts: 713member
    Predictions:

Apple will sell at least 1.5 million Macs in the Christmas 2006 season (note that I am posting this the day before April-June results are announced.) The ability to run Windows will lead to a big increase in Mac sales over time.

Microsoft will spend a fortune trying to unseat the iPod with their MP3 player. It will flop. It will increase investor's call for Microsoft to just make their money from Windows and Office and not to pretend to be able to compete in other areas.
  • Reply 28 of 62
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Apple will continue to stay in business.

Microsoft will continue working on Vista.
  • Reply 29 of 62
    oh wow... a lot of these predictions are scary accurate...

to add mine:

Apple: Releases either a convertable tablet mac or a BTO option for all laptops and iMac allowing a digitizer, adds BTO Wacom Penabled (or Apple proprietary) digitizer to the Cinema Displays.

Tech: Advances made in cybernetics allow, for the first time, computer display directly into the visual cortex.

World: Two world leaders assassinated.
  • Reply 30 of 62
    I'm going to up my prediction from 1.5 million to 1.6 million Macs sold during the Christmas '06 quarter. I am basing this on the 1.33 million Macs sold in April-June and the now $999 iMac. Note I am making this prediction for huge growth one month before the July-September quarter results are announced.
  • Reply 31 of 62
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm predicting we'll never see a "part two" to this topic...EVER.
  • Reply 32 of 62
    Apple (Sept 12th)- New GPU released

iTunes movie service

Tech- PS3 becomes impossible to buy due to such a small amount manufactured and

sells on ebay for £1200 (Minues controllers)

Nvidia release 8000 series in time for Christmas

Other- MSFT offices get firebombed
  • Reply 33 of 62
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    death of the ipod (only kidding i never believe the press)http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...869042,00.html

home server, apple branded backup raid

iphone

new ipods--including colors

new airport

something that will knock the socks off everyone, a new wow from apple. i just feel something is really big going to happen.
  • Reply 34 of 62
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    TimeMachine featuring FastForward.

Run your Mac for a week and the Mac OS will automatically learn your habits. Then it will automatically browse, email, chat, schedule, manage files for you. You only need to veto things you don't want done. It presents its activity on screen but has a 100 millisecond delay before implementing them, the same amount of time you have when vetoing physical reactions in real life. You can scan ahead in time and veto specific actions. Otherwise sit back and let it do all your stuff for you.

iCal that predicts the time and method of your death.

AddressBook that is automatically randomly populated from online social communities so you will be forced to have a life.

iSight 3rd Eye Bluetooth camera. Stick it between your eyes and video is streamed to your automatically completed blog.
  • Reply 35 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

I'm predicting we'll never see a "part two" to this topic...EVER.

predictions:

the G5 (Mac Pro) sales will be at the all-time low due to cost

new iPod users will lose 20% of their hearing

Leopard will make a splash and then fizzle out

Vista will be boring

The quad core chip will have no programs to run on

You will gain weight sitting in front of the computer too long
  • Reply 36 of 62
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post

predictions:

the G5 (Mac Pro) sales will be at the all-time low due to cost

new iPod users will lose 20% of their hearing

Leopard will make a splash and then fizzle out

Vista will be boring

The quad core chip will have no programs to run on

You will gain weight sitting in front of the computer too long

Predictions:

Mac Pro Sales will soar due to CS3 being Universal

iPod Owners will lose 19% of their Hearing

Leopard will make a big Splash that causes a Tsunami

Vista will suck

The Mac Pro will go Octo Core

You will lose every argument you make about Apple because your current Logic is lacking in reason

Sebastian
  • Reply 37 of 62
    Predictions:

Mac Pro Sales will soar due to CS3 being Universal

iPod Owners will lose 19% of their Hearing

Leopard will make a big Splash that causes a Tsunami

Vista will suck

The Mac Pro will go Octo Core

You will lose every argument you make about Apple because your current Logic is lacking in reason

you are a true believer, no doubt, grasshopper, however you must

own both platforms as I do (G5 dual 2.0Ghz tower w/ FCP) and a Dell XPS (2.66 Core 2 E6700 w/ Avid Liquid 7)

to weigh your opinion. I like both but the software and peripheral snags are with Apple.

You see, I wanted to buy an external DVD burner last week and went to a giant retailer,

FRYS ELECTRONICS and couldn't find a reasonable price for one. The one they had that was Mac compat was $229--geezus, and the PC ones were 1/2 the price or less. I am just disputing that the cost factor for Mac ownership is ridiculous. Does the Mac burn DVD's any better? No. Does the PC version burn any better? No.
  • Reply 38 of 62
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post

you are a true believer, no doubt, grasshopper, however you must

own both platforms as I do (G5 dual 2.0Ghz tower w/ FCP) and a Dell XPS (2.66 Core 2 E6700 w/ Avid Liquid 7)

to weigh your opinion. I like both but the software and peripheral snags are with Apple.

You see, I wanted to buy an external DVD burner last week and went to a giant retailer,

FRYS ELECTRONICS and couldn't find a reasonable price for one. The one they had that was Mac compat was $229--geezus, and the PC ones were 1/2 the price or less. I am just disputing that the cost factor for Mac ownership is ridiculous. Does the Mac burn DVD's any better? No. Does the PC version burn any better? No.

I have an HP in my Living Room that I would love to Kick right now. Does that qualify?

I didn't know Apple had a first Party External DVD Burner, oh wait, they don't. Blame the third party who manufactured that External DVD burner you were looking at.

Sebastian
  • Reply 39 of 62
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apapww View Post

Thanks ever so much

hk.yahoo.com

ec2biz.com

rthk.org.hk

ads28.com

ec2biz.com

top1.com.hk

ads28.com

Is there a good reason you are link spamming for these sites?
  • Reply 40 of 62
    xyz001xyz001 Posts: 117member
    and why again should this topic be sticky?