Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro

Comments

• Reply 21 of 115
    when i talked to a sales rep the other day they said "on or before the 15th"

maybe we'll be seeing our shipments within a few days?
  • Reply 22 of 115
    this is the week!!!!

joy!!!!

• Reply 23 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by MikeVonkPro

this is the week!!!!

joy!!!!

Curb that enthusiasm, you are going to get crap started! As far as I have seen nothing has changed. The users from the UK who swore to a feb 7th ship date got pushed to the 10th. Then no word from them, that leads me to doubt they actually had that ship date in the first place. I am getting a little anxious, the normal order process goes "sent to manufacturing" but there has been no change at all in my order since about Jan 15th when the date went from sometime in February to Feb 15th. I am hoping for that e-mail saying your order has shipped...I'm just not sure it will be on the 15th.
  • Reply 24 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brady1984

Curb that enthusiasm, you are going to get crap started! As far as I have seen nothing has changed. The users from the UK who swore to a feb 7th ship date got pushed to the 10th. Then no word from them, that leads me to doubt they actually had that ship date in the first place. I am getting a little anxious, the normal order process goes "sent to manufacturing" but there has been no change at all in my order since about Jan 15th when the date went from sometime in February to Feb 15th. I am hoping for that e-mail saying your order has shipped...I'm just not sure it will be on the 15th.

This is the year!!!!!!

joy!

no seriously, i ordered at a store and I doubt that the stores won't get their models in on time (pure guess)
  • Reply 25 of 115
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Mine just arrived!!!! Pictures to come!

I wish I had one on order to begin with but I couldn't resisit toying with you guys/gals!!!
  • Reply 26 of 115
    I ordered one today from my local Authorised Apple Reseller, and was told they're expecting to get them in 2 weeks. We shall see.
  • Reply 27 of 115
    aplnub: Not funny. Grow up.
  • Reply 28 of 115
    What to do now? I got an e-mail saying I have been pushed to the 28th! OH the agony. Do I pay the 300 bucks and get 160 extra MHz and have to wait 3-4 weeks? What is the value argument here? I need help!
  • Reply 29 of 115
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    My computer has been delayed by exactly a month.

Bollocks.
  • Reply 30 of 115
    OK, this is funny.

I had a 1.83 Ghz system on order that was upgraded by Apple to a 2.0Ghz system. My estimated ship date was changed from Feb 23 to March 3. I called Apple to see if I could upgrade my order to a 2.16 Ghz system and they said it would delay my order 3-4 weeks. I cancelled that order and placed a new one for a 2.16 Ghz machine and now my estimated ship date is Feb 17. I don't know if that will turn out to be true, but if so, SWEET!
  • Reply 31 of 115
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    ... and NOW my shipping date just got moved earlier by two weeks.

I think these dates mean nothing at this point.
  • Reply 32 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

... and NOW my shipping date just got moved earlier by two weeks.

I think these dates mean nothing at this point.

Mine got moved back...now it says March 16...who knows?
  • Reply 33 of 115
    From the last couple posts (above), it sounds like Apple was being conservative with the 3-4 weeks dates, to give them some buffer if things slipped.

Personally, I'm waiting for the initial user experience feedback before buying, but can't wait to get one, so hoping some start arriving this week...
  • Reply 34 of 115
    I ordered my 1.67 the day they were announced and had a ship date of Feb 15th. When they upgraded to the 1.83ghz they sent me an email explaining the upgrade and stating the ship date being pushed back to the 28th. One can only hope!

ME
  • Reply 35 of 115
    Mine has been upgraded to 2GHz but the date is still March 13th
  • Reply 36 of 115
    With the backlog, I decided to risk Rev 1 chaos and get my foot in the growing line.

I hunted around today and found a good deal at PC Connection:

http://www.pcconnection.com/Search?C...667&om=lnavsub

Same $150 rebate as Amazon (til Feb 28th):

http://images.pricegrabber.com/rebates/45541-370.pdf

No sales tax for any state (they're in NH).

Free shipping til Feb 28th.

Plus rebates for free carry case and printer options.

And they quote the order I placed today as shipping by Feb 28th.

(No guarantee that will actually happen, but seems worth hoping for.)
  • Reply 37 of 115
    I just checked my order status at the Apple Store. My MacBook Pro just shipped! There's a tracking number. (FedEx says "Package data transmitted to FedEx".)

• Reply 38 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by palter

I just checked my order status at the Apple Store. My MacBook Pro just shipped! There's a tracking number. (FedEx says "Package data transmitted to FedEx".)

Great News! You may want to blur out the tracking number though, I am sure there are more than a few people on this message board who would resort to hijacking the FedEx truck on it's way to delivering the box.
  • Reply 39 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by brettpappas

Great News! You may want to blur out the tracking number though, I am sure there are more than a few people on this message board who would resort to hijacking the FedEx truck on it's way to delivering the box.

Thanks for that suggestion. If you reload, you'll see that I just did that. (I really should know better than that.)
  • Reply 40 of 115
    Well, I suppose this puts a stake through the heart of the "order CTO and you will receive your order faster" As for me I will continue to grind my axe because you ordered 1 hour and 4 minutes before me! Damn war...