• Reply 82 of 115
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    my macbook is here , wooohoo!
  • Reply 83 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Elixir

my macbook is here , wooohoo!

Was it *really* cold?

Mine was so cold it had condensation on it.
  • Reply 84 of 115
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blackcat

Was it *really* cold?

Mine was so cold it had condensation on it.

no, but then again i'm in FL.

i love the package it came in.

• Reply 85 of 115
    Gah! I ordered mine the 17th and it hasn't been shipped. ;-) I would like to get it before I leave for vacation on the 3rd of March.
  • Reply 86 of 115
    I ordered mine on the 14th, and it's not supposed to ship until march 15th, arriving on the 22nd...

I assume that's because I saved 100 bucks by taking two 512 DIMMs instead of the 1 GB, so someone's gotta pop mine open...I plan on upgrading but figure it's cheaper to do it this way and sell both 512s on eBay and buy 2 Gig DIMMs on my own.
  • Reply 87 of 115
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Mine's here.

The tortoise is dead. Long live teh snap.
  • Reply 88 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by Haxz0r Jim Duggan

I ordered mine on the 14th, and it's not supposed to ship until march 15th, arriving on the 22nd...

I assume that's because I saved 100 bucks by taking two 512 DIMMs instead of the 1 GB, so someone's gotta pop mine open...I plan on upgrading but figure it's cheaper to do it this way and sell both 512s on eBay and buy 2 Gig DIMMs on my own.

I ordered the external USB modem, and I got the 2.0GHZ model, which I hope bumps up my shipping.
  • Reply 89 of 115
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member
    Apple has reduced its shipping times to 2-3 weeks (I think it was 3-4). Does this mean that stores have more of them and newer orders are being well filled?

Thanks,

Henry Ledgard
  • Reply 90 of 115
    I sure hope so.!.!.!.
  • Reply 91 of 115
    what's going on with Macmall??

I ordered a 1.8 on Jan 18, with ship date of Feb 21

Then it got bumped to Mar 3 after the 2.0 change.

Now it is delayed until Mar 17??

is anyone else using MacMall?
  • Reply 92 of 115
    My Macbook just shipped,It's now set for a delivery on the 15th

it was scheduled to ship on the 15th, arriving on the 22nd...

five days early!
  • Reply 93 of 115
    getting really annoyed with apple............how to screw over a costumer!

it would be in store half feb, its half march now......
  • Reply 94 of 115
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    I ordered a custom built MBP (2.0 ghz model with 2 gig of ram and 120 gig HD)on Feb 25th and it's still scheduled to ship on March 20th and arrive on March 30th. Bleh...I have forced myself to forget about it so when it finally arrives it will be a surprise.
  • Reply 95 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by code mechanic

what's going on with Macmall??

I ordered a 1.8 on Jan 18, with ship date of Feb 21

Then it got bumped to Mar 3 after the 2.0 change.

Now it is delayed until Mar 17??

is anyone else using MacMall?

well, I have to give credit to MacMall, they got the MacBook to me on the 9th of March.

No problems at all so far. The javac compile times seem ten times faster than my G4 400MHz tower at work.

I do hear that sound from the processor, when it is in energy saving mode but its no big deal.

It does get warm though, and I hear the fan kick in every once in a while. But the fan (or fans?) are very quite. I'm very happy with this and hope it lasts me six years.
  • Reply 96 of 115
    ceddcedd Posts: 13member
    The Apple store has now dropped its shipping time to 1 -2 weeks. They are obviously catching up with themselves now.
  • Reply 97 of 115
    I don't know how and why, but I ordered yesterday and I can pick it up at the post office tomorrow (it was delivered to my place TODAY but I was not at home). Stock 2.0 GHz model.

Apparently Swiss precision
  • Reply 98 of 115
    I put myself on the waiting list at the Kansas City Apple store three days ago (for the 1.83), and they called me today saying it was ready and I needed to pick it up within 24 hours. Can't wait to rip into it tomorrow!
  • Reply 99 of 115
    I am still waiting (in Holland) for my store to call me......

ordered january 19......
  • Reply 100 of 115
    dewindjdewindj Posts: 31member
    Ordered mine February 19th, shipped March 15th. Mine was set to ship the 21st, so it seems they are starting to catch up.