Apple counting down to one billion iTunes

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    OK I just bought mine. Maybe I'll buy something else in a little while.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

We're within 65k now.

10K and falling!
  • Reply 43 of 54
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    done.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    7k only!!!
  • Reply 45 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by shanmugam

7k only!!!

Are you now counting backwards?
  • Reply 46 of 54
    i see now one Billion now only...

counter different count in different countries???
  • Reply 47 of 54
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The little icon on the iTMS front page changed first here in the U.S. When it said they had a winner the counter on Apple.com had about 3k to go.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    it could be fictious count down to one billion but closer to the real number of counts ...
  • Reply 49 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by shanmugam

it could be fictious count down to one billion but closer to the real number of counts ...

I had to close iTunes to get that sucker to refresh with the one billion.

They updated the link with the "thank you" message.

I love this part "The lucky music fan who downloaded the billionth song from the iTunes Music Store ? won a new 20-inch iMac, 10 60GB iPods, and a $10,000 iTunes Music Card to jumpstart their digital music collection."

$10,000 to 'jumpstart' their music collection...HAHAHAH. Jumpstart...like there would be anything left you wanted to buy!! You'd be gifting everyone you knew after about 5 grand, imho....
  • Reply 50 of 54
    i wonder if Steve-o is jumping up and down on his bed saying "YESSSSSS!!!" or if he's just sleeping like a baby through it all...

Or do you think he's down at the office making sure the count is right, micro-managing the billionth song purchased? I'd guess he's there bugging the staff... it IS a big milestone for Apple.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    They said that they expect to sell an additional billion songs in the next 12 months.

That's quite a speedup.

I wonder about the videos? Will they do something there as well?

At the 100 million mark? I think that's when they had the first prize for the tunes.

They seem to be adding new content to that every day now.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I don't know if Steve is gonna personally call the winner this time. If he was, I'm sure he stayed at the office tonight.

Otherwise he might go home.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Anybody get called yet?

Bet some people are bummin over the calls they missed that left no messages just a tone...

I bought five songs today when the Japan iTMS got close to the billion mark; not a betting man, but what's a couple of dollars for an iMac, 10 5Gs and enough music to throw quite a few really wild parties?
  • Reply 54 of 54
    if a spammer was smart he'd spam emails with "You won the 1,000,000,000 prize from iTunes!"

very surprised i haven't seen spam like that.