Blackbook .mov

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by antione

This is my predictions about design

http://testphotos.free.fr/blackbook.mov

http://testphotos.free.fr/familybook.jpg

Is that a complete set? Where's my credit card?

Black Beauty and a VidPod!
  • Reply 22 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

I was simply pointing out that there is room for improvement. The slot loading optical drive is loading from the front, something that only Powerbooks/Macbooks do.

Do you really think that a front loading drive is such a special feature that only MacBooks and Powerbooks can do it? I think the drive location has more to do with the internal design of the motherboard for the iBooks than being a Power Feature. Besides, iMacs and eMacs spent years with front loading drives.
  • Reply 23 of 60
    Lightwave?

The way the shadow casts on the floor has a Lightwave look to it. Nice work: these are better concept mock-ups than we usually see.
  • Reply 24 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Lightwave?

The way the shadow casts on the floor has a Lightwave look to it. Nice work: these are better concept mock-ups than we usually see.

If it's the Antione I think it is, then my guess is Carrara.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 25 of 60
    Moderators - can we maybe have a sticky mockup thread to promote stuff like this? Still impressed with this work. Maybe just rename this thread and make it sticky?
  • Reply 26 of 60
    Wow, love the video iPod in the .jpg, excellent work.
  • Reply 27 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by antione

This is my predictions about design

http://testphotos.free.fr/blackbook.mov

http://testphotos.free.fr/familybook.jpg

Your work is excellent and I appreciate the hard work you put into your prediction, but could you redo the familybook.jpg and make it 1024x768 so I can use it as my desktop? the current one needs to be centered because using the tile setting distracts the eye, the stretch setting makes the 13" model not widescreen, and the fill setting eats into the edges of the hardware.

I really hope the video iPod prediction comes true. Instead of replacing the current iPod, it might be a new model. I can think of some new things that the new model will support.

1 - written books. Turned sideways, it is as wide as a paperback book so all that is needed is a way to set automatic scrolling so you can read continuously.

2 - email. Synced from Mac, not wireless

3 - RSS. This would work very similar to how Podcasts work in that you can subscribe to them.

I am sure the current iPod could support these things but doesn't because the screen size makes it unusable.
  • Reply 28 of 60
    If the new iBooks look anything close to that I'm biting.
  • Reply 29 of 60
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Very nice, but am I the only one thinking it's dressed like Michael jackson?
  • Reply 30 of 60
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

First off, I think the work that was done was brilliant. The artist did a magnificent job of making the computer truely look great. I was simply pointing out that there is room for improvement. The slot loading optical drive is loading from the front, something that only Powerbooks/Macbooks do. And, yes, I know that it is just a mock up of a would-be product, but other people on this forum were bitching about where the iPod was plugged in! Give me a break! I just think it looked too much like a powerbook/macbook. And that's something that Apple will try to stay away from. That's all I'm saying!

I know what you're saying. It's a fantastic piece of work...but perhaps it's looks are so sleek that it actually makes the MacBook Pro's pale by comparison.

I know if that black one was available, I'd choose it over the MacBook Pro, single core and all.
  • Reply 31 of 60
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    You got skillz...

Real ability...

Very nice and I only hope the iBook looks that good.

IMPRESSIVE work...
  • Reply 32 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

Do you really think that a front loading drive is such a special feature that only MacBooks and Powerbooks can do it? I think the drive location has more to do with the internal design of the motherboard for the iBooks than being a Power Feature. Besides, iMacs and eMacs spent years with front loading drives.

Continue reading, buckeye. I went on to state that this was not a "PowerBook only" feature. However, considering the supposed size of the new Macbook (iBook), the disk drive would have to load from the side, just as the past incarnations of the iBook have done. I do contract work for the authorized Mac repair center in my town, and I can tell you that unless Jonathan Ive pulls a miracle out of his ass, there is very little chance that the Macbook will have a slot loading drive positioned in the front of the notebook.

Don't pull peices out of peoples posts and use them out of context. It is an ignorant and petty attempt to make yourself appear as if you have something worth while to add to the conversation.

You are correct, the location of the optical drive has everything to do with the design of the motherboard. However, if you look at the size of the 12inch PowerBook G4, you will notice that it loads from the side. This is, as you say, a design thing, not a "Power feature". I have personally repaired a few iBook G4's and a couple of 12 inch PowerBook G4's and there is no way for the optical drive to load from the front...

• Reply 33 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

I know what you're saying. It's a fantastic piece of work...but perhaps it's looks are so sleek that it actually makes the MacBook Pro's pale by comparison.

I know if that black one was available, I'd choose it over the MacBook Pro, single core and all.

I could not have said it better myself, and perhaps did not. The mock up was fantastic, but in light of the fact that the MacBook Pro didn't get a major overhaul, I doubt that the MacBook (iBook) will get this major of a change. The new MacBooks will be housed in a sleeker, sexier case, but not THAT sexy...
  • Reply 34 of 60
    Quote:

Continue reading, buckeye. I went on to state that this was not a "PowerBook only" feature. However, considering the supposed size of the new Macbook (iBook), the disk drive would have to load from the side, just as the past incarnations of the iBook have done. I do contract work for the authorized Mac repair center in my town, and I can tell you that unless Jonathan Ive pulls a miracle out of his ass, there is very little chance that the Macbook will have a slot loading drive positioned in the front of the notebook.

Don't pull peices out of peoples posts and use them out of context. It is an ignorant and petty attempt to make yourself appear as if you have something worth while to add to the conversation.

You are correct, the location of the optical drive has everything to do with the design of the motherboard. However, if you look at the size of the 12inch PowerBook G4, you will notice that it loads from the side. This is, as you say, a design thing, not a "Power feature". I have personally repaired a few iBook G4's and a couple of 12 inch PowerBook G4's and there is no way for the optical drive to load from the front...

The reason to quote posts is so you don't waste a bunch of space reposting a really long post (like this one now is) not to take someones words out of context. That was not my intent.

At any rate, don't call me ignorant and then tell me I'm right in the same post. It makes you look silly. I only treated your post with the same dignity you treated antione's. You took someone's hard work and tried to find a flaw with it acting like you new something about design, but clearly you don't understand Apple design at all.
  • Reply 35 of 60
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    ^^^^^^Nerd Fight!^^^^^^
  • Reply 36 of 60
    Antione, nice 3D stuff. I wish I had 3D skillz. I now only have potatochop skillz. But here's my take on the black iBook. Some forum viewers would have seen me post it somewhere else before I'm such a mock-up slut

• Reply 37 of 60
    antiones-first post and he brings us greatness.

i think apple will introduce a black ibook first and then move to the macbook pros.
  • Reply 38 of 60
    WOOOHOOO!!!

The ports are all on the back (Where I think they should be!!!).

What does Steve know anyway.

Hey wait.... I think he is doing a little better than me these days... what do I know ...
  • Reply 39 of 60
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    I agree. If this is the macBook, it is too good. But damn that mockup is awesome. Really looks like something apple would design, just better.

Are you sure you dont work for Apple?

Anyways, slot load from the front could work - motherboards CAN be rearranged - is simply a matter of where you the components,and considering the fact that Apple has to do a complete redesign anyways to accomadate the intel chips, why wouldn't they if the really wanted to?

That said, why would they want to? Personally, when working with laptops(admittadly those with trays), I find it far more convenient to have the tray on the side, where it doesnt hit my stomach if I am, uh, using it on my lap?

Great mockup - if I had those 3d skillz.... But I don't.
  • Reply 40 of 60
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Black Nano book? Wont there be lawsuits? "My laptop got scratched..."