Originally posted by antione

This is my predictions about design

http://testphotos.free.fr/blackbook.mov

http://testphotos.free.fr/familybook.jpg

Svp, travaillez pour moi :-))
  • Reply 42 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

The reason to quote posts is so you don't waste a bunch of space reposting a really long post (like this one now is) not to take someones words out of context. That was not my intent.

At any rate, don't call me ignorant and then tell me I'm right in the same post. It makes you look silly. I only treated your post with the same dignity you treated antione's. You took someone's hard work and tried to find a flaw with it acting like you new something about design, but clearly you don't understand Apple design at all.

buckeye, I apologize for the insult. That was not my real intention. As far as my knowledge of design, Apple's in particular, I do contract repair work for the authorized Apple repair center here in Chattanooga. So I do understand design and I also understand Apple's designs. As far as appreciating design, you might want to look at the 12inch PowerBook. it-loads-from-the-side! Due to the way the motherboard is designed and space restrictions the optical drive must load from the side. That was all I was trying to say.
  • Reply 43 of 60
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

buckeye, I apologize for the insult. That was not my real intention. As far as my knowledge of design, Apple's in particular, I do contract repair work for the authorized Apple repair center here in Chattanooga. So I do understand design and I also understand Apple's designs. As far as appreciating design, you might want to look at the 12inch PowerBook. it-loads-from-the-side! Due to the way the motherboard is designed and space restrictions the optical drive must load from the side. That was all I was trying to say.

it is a 15" laptop, as far as i can see.

or a 13" with a very, very small keyboard and ditto cd slot, whatever

this is obvious not an iBook/pb 12" replacement.
  • Reply 44 of 60
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by antione

This is my predictions about design

http://testphotos.free.fr/blackbook.mov

http://testphotos.free.fr/familybook.jpg

Two buttons? I think you're giving Apple users WAY too much choice there.
  • Reply 45 of 60
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sternone

Svp, travaillez pour moi :-))

Either you have no clue how to speak French, or I have no clue how to speak French.

I think it's the latter.

Seriously, can you use travailler the same way as in English in the context?

I'm interested.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Either you have no clue how to speak French, or I have no clue how to speak French.

I think it's the latter.

I'm interested.

speak is ok, but my writing is not so ok... French is my third language.. yes, ppl with special graphic skills can msg me
  • Reply 47 of 60
    Quote:

I think it's the latter.

I'm interested.

speak is ok, but my writing is not so ok... French is my third language.. yes, ppl with special graphic skills can msg me
  • Reply 48 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

i just hate to see someone's hard work picked apart when it is presented so well, that's all. He is not presenting a finished working product, just a design for the skeleton and a very nice one at that. Hopefully, something like this will materialize in the next few months and we'll all be happy.
  • Reply 49 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

i just hate to see someone's hard work picked apart when it is presented so well, that's all. He is not presenting a finished working product, just a design for the skeleton and a very nice one at that. Hopefully, something like this will materialize in the next few months and we'll all be happy.

And hopefully it will have a dual core in it!
  • Reply 50 of 60
    heh. AppleInsider: home of the blackBook, iTablet and touchscreen-iPod frenzy. one may have read about it elsewhere, but AI is where you come to get high off the ideas

oh, and the iPhone too. just a note of caution - don't get too dissapointed if none of these show up over the next year. otherwise we might take to blaming antione and others for getting us all excited and stuff
  • Reply 51 of 60
    HOLY F***** there's been a whole new raft of appleInsider news so time to get high off that now GLOBAL WARRANTY FOR ALL APPLE COMPUTERS !! WOOOOT!!
  • Reply 52 of 60
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

HOLY F***** there's been a whole new raft of appleInsider news so time to get high off that now GLOBAL WARRANTY FOR ALL APPLE COMPUTERS !! WOOOOT!!

Would someone please interpret this for me? Sunilraman - you'll do - I think? The Mac I bought in California was fully covered here at the east/west divide. Is that relevant to your final statement?
  • Reply 53 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by IQatEdo

The Mac I bought in California was fully covered here at the east/west divide. Is that relevant to your final statement?

Global means INTERNATIONAL. Across BORDERS. California ain't the whole world.
  • Reply 54 of 60
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Global means INTERNATIONAL. Across BORDERS. California ain't the whole world.

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. Bought in California, fully recognized in Australia, warranty work was required and accepted. I was told by Apple that the warranty applied anywhere and they honoured it here at least. Is that clearer (relevant)? A few borders in there! (And no, Australia isn't near New Zealand, New Zealand is near Australia .)
  • Reply 55 of 60
    that was the first rendeer I have seen of the video ipod....pretty cool, great job!
  • Reply 56 of 60

Would someone please interpret this for me? Sunilraman - you'll do - I think? The Mac I bought in California was fully covered here at the east/west divide. Is that relevant to your final statement?

appleinsider thread here

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=61207

before only laptops and ipods were covered globally (buy anywhere, repair anywhere).

now desktops are covered as well, according to appleInsider (is there official verification from apple??). meaning you can buy your iMac or Mac Mini or PowerMac in Australia and get it serviced in UK, etc, etc.
  • Reply 57 of 60
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

And no, Australia isn't near New Zealand, New Zealand is near Australia .)

Amen to that.
  • Reply 58 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

it is a 15" laptop, as far as i can see.

or a 13" with a very, very small keyboard and ditto cd slot, whatever

this is obvious not an iBook/pb 12" replacement.

If it is a 13inch, then it is a 12inch replacement. Apple is not going to release two laptops with a 1 inch difference in size within the same category. And trust me, the one extra inch will not allow for the drive to front load.
  • Reply 59 of 60
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    Quote:

I think it's the latter.

I'm interested.

Sure, it's the imperative plural, and quite commonly used:

Entrez (come in); allez-y (come on). The second person plural is also the politeness form in french, so. Now that I think of it, Enlish is the only language i know that doens't have a commonly used politeness form. Strange.
  • Reply 60 of 60
    Beatuful work. I especially like the chrome bottom paired with the thin colored top. Gives the book an "impossibly thin" look.

Thanks!