My PS pictures of next iMac form factor

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I decided to take a crack at playing with some apple products in adobe. This is what I think will most likely be the next step for the iMac form factor.













Anyone else think this is likely?
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 65
    commoduscommodus Posts: 270member
    I think that's what Apple had hoped for initially. The only concern is whether or not Apple would have to sacrifice the size/performance of other components, like the hard drive or the graphics chipset.
  • Reply 2 of 65
    dansgildansgil Posts: 62member
    Personally, I like the "chin" on the current iMac.



    What I would love to have is for the next iMac to look like the Cinema Displays. Aluminum with a thin bezel would be really nice.



    -DG
  • Reply 3 of 65
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    The cinema displays are nice and I thought about the likely hood of apple doing that but I think Apple likes to have a differentation between there pro products and their consumer products. Currently the metal is pro and the white/black plastic is consumer.
  • Reply 4 of 65
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Give it a white plastic front and a stainless steel back like the iPods. Yummy!
  • Reply 5 of 65
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    I thought about that as well but it proved to be much more difficult to do lol I agree though that would be hot.
  • Reply 6 of 65
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I think you design is perfect and what they're working towards but I think it'll take them a while to get there.
  • Reply 7 of 65
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by zenatek

    Currently the metal is pro and the white/black plastic is consumer.



    With the Mac mini as the obvious exception.
  • Reply 8 of 65
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I like the chin too, I see no reason for Apple to do away with it. From a design standpoint I think it helps to remind people that there's a computer in there; it adds a little substance to the design. And it's also a great place for 'post it' notes!



    You could be right about where Apple is going though. Powerbooks and iBooks, iPods, and even the mini, have been studiously pared down to only the very essential interface bits. Yet I still think a good design should give you something. The iMac is already pretty spare.



    If shrinking components make it possible to further reduce the size, it may be better to put in more components. There are lots of great candidates for inclusion



    - 1 or 2 additional RAM slots

    - a second (internal) HDD bay

    - an expresscard slot

    - a larger, down firing, ported speaker array

    - a stronger power supply



    Any or all of these would add greatly to the usability, practicality, and longevity of the machine...
  • Reply 9 of 65
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    dammit, i got beat with the 'post it' note angle. kudos to u matsu.
  • Reply 10 of 65
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Matsu

    And it's also a great place for 'post it' notes!



    Is there something wrong with you Matsu? I mean really. Putting Post-It notes on your Mac?
  • Reply 11 of 65
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by zenatek

    I decided to take a crack at playing with some apple products in adobe. This is what I think will most likely be the next step for the iMac form factor.













    Anyone else think this is likely?






    can you try a new version of the 20th anniversary mac.



    Put isight, side speakers, stand, etc... in the pic too. that is where apple should spend there time I think.
  • Reply 12 of 65
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    They've got to find a better way to allow access to USB ports and such.
  • Reply 13 of 65
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by zenatek

    I decided to take a crack at playing with some apple products in adobe. This is what I think will most likely be the next step for the iMac form factor.













    Anyone else think this is likely?




    23"?

    2 processors (dual or not)?

    maybe a aluminum enclosure (ala powerbooks?,)

    or ipod black!

    that would be a monster mac!

  • Reply 14 of 65
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by BRussell

    They've got to find a better way to allow access to USB ports and such.



    Abso-friggin-lutely! This is really beginning to tick me off!
  • Reply 15 of 65
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    edit: qualified the thread title...
  • Reply 16 of 65
    pbpb Posts: 4,233member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Zenga

    23"?

    dual processor?





    We have discussed this one previously. I think a 23" model is inevitable once the 23" panels hit the appropriate price point. Next year perhaps. As for multiple processors, the Core Duo ones can go even in the 15" Powerbook form factor. The upcoming Merom processor (also dual core) should perform even better in the same power envelope.
  • Reply 17 of 65
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by PB

    We have discussed this one previously. I think a 23" model is inevitable once the 23" panels hit the appropriate price point. Next year perhaps. As for multiple processors, the Core Duo ones can go even in the 15" Powerbook form factor. The upcoming Merom processor (also dual core) should perform even better in the same power envelope.



    I meant 2 separate processors (dual or not)

  • Reply 18 of 65
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ecking

    I think you design is perfect and what they're working towards but I think it'll take them a while to get there.



    Agreed, perfect!



    Unfortunately there arent much room for anything except the screen..
  • Reply 19 of 65
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by BRussell

    They've got to find a better way to allow access to USB ports and such.



    If the keyboard was a USB2 hub, would that work for you?
  • Reply 20 of 65
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Yose

    If the keyboard was a USB2 hub, would that work for you?



    Would for me.
Sign In or Register to comment.