Faithful Win user seriously looking to switch..need advice

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by turbo

Wow nice vid. I like seeing Vince make USC look like a bunch of idiots. Imovie looks like it will be plenty for me.

hook 'em! are you a horn? in any case, that whole video is in hd 1080i. imovie edits hd very well. that highlight film looks awesome in hd.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    Don't worry i just switched to exactly what you are looking at, about a week or 2 ago. It works GREAT. I feel so much more freedom on this computer, seeing as i can go and download whatever i want pretty much without worrying about viruses. I was playing Warcraft 3, playing itunes, on safari, and on ichat and the proccesor was working at ~50-60%. It will do whatever you need to do, and from the looks of it last. OS X is a much better OS. Easier to keep organized, spotlight is handy when needed. The build in dictionary saves me tons of time (i always lose my dictionary, and used to have to find it first, and then look up the word, which usually isn't in it... lol). I'm sure you will have no regrets about switching. If you are really serious about gaming, and are worried about the amount of games on OSX, then duel-boot it with Windows just for games.

Update us on how it goes,

Shadow

P.S. (and edit, this will be long) I went Mac crazy after i had my mind set on it too. I went to the Apple store w/e i could, and if i couldn't get there (2 hours away) then i went to CompUSA (5 minutes away) and played around with them there. Ha i hated my windows computer the second after i used a Mac (w/ OSX) for the first time...and to think i had the latest imac (or emac w/e it was) with OS 9, but switched to windows for the games...