Enough already

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Seriously, can you complain anymore about Apple. Last week was a disappointment, but we know there will be amazing products soon. And to the Antartican who said. "Once vista comes out apple will get a run for its money for its operating system. What then?" I'll tell you what then, Apple will release OS X Leopard, which will seriously destroy Vista. Plus Vista will be like Tiger, because microsoft is basically stealing ideas from Tiger. They were asked to comment on it, but they would'nt comment. So, when everyone is praising Vista, who will be virus stricken within a month, OS X Leopard will come out around the same time, and once again blow the microsoft operating system out of the water. So, seriously Apple has the goods coming I'm convinced. Do some research on what's to come before going all crazy about a stupid conference.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Some people only have the limited brain function to judge Apple by their latest announcement. Yeah, a $99 leather iPod case is ridiculous, and integrated graphics in the Mac mini leaves some to be desired, but let's keep Apple's offerings as a whole in perspective.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,268member
    Computer enthusiast opinion don't always fall along common sense guidelins. Apple ,more than any company, really keeps people on the edge of their seats with covert product development and secrecy. This means that rather than a Mac and accessories just being part of the computing ecosystem there are many Apple fans that really enjoy the entertainment aspect.



    With the Mac mini the "hype" told you that it was going to be the uber do everthing PVR HTPC. The reality was a wee bit closer to "we're going to give the mini Front Row for a clean chooser for media and we're going to focus on what consumers need the most of...CPU power.



    I'm in the market for a mini myself. I'm not a gamer so Int graphics doesn't bother me but what I need is bread and butter stuff. The reality is the mini went from a 1.42Ghz G4 processor on a starving FSB to a dual/single core Intel. I'm pleased as punch with the mini. I get a remote...easier HDTV connections and the choice between single or dual core.



    The scale that some fans judge a product on is absolute perfection so there will always be complaints.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Finally some sense back to this forum..!

  • Reply 4 of 23
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hmurchison





    The scale that some fans judge a product on is absolute perfection so there will always be complaints.




    That's really the crux of the problem. Then again it keeps the forums lively.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    hxc04hxc04 Posts: 145member
    I think we need to be honest with ourselvs. The majority of people buying computers/mp3 players/whatever do not sit and drool waiting for updates by a specific company. Sure, when a new OS comes out, it might be a big deal, but most people don't await bi monthly updates like we do. So if Apple lets us down, it doesn't matter because they could never give us enough at every update no matter how hard they tried.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Go look at today's Joy of Tech! It's right along these lines.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hxc04

    I think we need to be honest with ourselvs. The majority of people buying computers/mp3 players/whatever do not sit and drool waiting for updates by a specific company. Sure, when a new OS comes out, it might be a big deal, but most people don't await bi monthly updates like we do. So if Apple lets us down, it doesn't matter because they could never give us enough at every update no matter how hard they tried.



    ..well said! the real problem is that we don't have enough money to buy all we want... lol



    . I want all kind of macs!



  • Reply 8 of 23
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hmurchison

    Computer enthusiast opinion don't always fall along common sense guidelins. Apple ,more than any company, really keeps people on the edge of their seats with covert product development and secrecy. This means that rather than a Mac and accessories just being part of the computing ecosystem there are many Apple fans that really enjoy the entertainment aspect.



    As a longtime Mac user, I enjoy the drama that Apple creates when creating new products. There's always somethings interesting (some good, some bad). I definitely cannot say the same for other PC manufacturers. They are just plain boring.



    I sometimes think that I enjoy the Mac forums and news more than I like the Mac itself.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Its not Window's fault that it is always fighting of viruses. Imagine if apple had the same malicious users. You'd see the Mac OS fare way worse. Vista is going to blow all of you guys away. You'd think a multibillion dollar corporation has something to show for it right?
  • Reply 10 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by antartican

    Its not Window's fault that it is always fighting of viruses. Imagine if apple had the same malicious users. You'd see the Mac OS fare way worse. Vista is going to blow all of you guys away. You'd think a multibillion dollar corporation has something to show for it right?



    You'd *THINK*... but... they haven't so far in 25+ years.



    Still waiting to be 'blown away' by a MS product...
  • Reply 11 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by antartican

    Its not Window's fault that it is always fighting of viruses.



    No, it's Microsoft's fault.



    Quote:

    Originally posted by antartican

    Imagine if apple had the same malicious users.



    Imagine if Microsoft had developed a secure OS.



    Quote:

    Originally posted by antartican

    Vista is going to blow all of you guys away.



    In sales, yes. The Windows-using lemmings of the world will pony up a bunch of money to buy a slightly less crappy OS. Shortly afterward they'll complain that they have to pay a little bit more because the OS they installed doesn't have a feature they want. Millions will be forced to pay a little extra through the Auto-Update Store (or whatever it's called), all while grumbling that they hate Microsoft.



    Quote:

    Originally posted by antartican

    You'd think a multibillion dollar corporation has something to show for it right?



    Yeah, you'd think Microsoft would have a better OS for all the money they make. Wait, you were talking about Microsoft, right?
  • Reply 12 of 23
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by antartican

    Its not Window's fault that it is always fighting of viruses. Imagine if apple had the same malicious users. You'd see the Mac OS fare way worse. Vista is going to blow all of you guys away. You'd think a multibillion dollar corporation has something to show for it right?





    I completely agree with you.



    Apple is DOOMED.



    ...NOT!!!



  • Reply 13 of 23
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,598member
    'Future Hardware' sections on Windows sites should attract some attention later this year as many, many users in my understanding will be needing to upgrade hardware just to run Vista. Should be quite a scramble.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha

    You'd *THINK*... but... they haven't so far in 25+ years.



    Still waiting to be 'blown away' by a MS product...






    Actually, I am routinely blown away by Microsoft's lack of innovation, rip off of others GUI improvements.



    That is why I and many many others switched or are thinking of switching.



    For example:



    Microsoft:



    http://www.ntk.net/media/dancemonkeyboy.mpg





    Apple:



    http://macworld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/mw/index.html



    Steve doesn't even break a sweat!





  • Reply 15 of 23
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    <windroid>Obviously, Steve just doesn't work as hard.</windroid>
  • Reply 16 of 23
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by TednDi

    Microsoft:



    http://www.ntk.net/media/dancemonkeyboy.mpg




    Thanks for that TednDi, really. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Mr. Dirk

    Thanks for that TednDi, really. I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight.



    You know what keeps me up at night?



    THE MUSIC VIDEO!!!!



    MAKE IT STOP!!!!



    http://www.flamingmailbox.com/maccom...es/balmer.html
  • Reply 18 of 23
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    What a circle-jerk of a thread.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by wilco

    What a circle-jerk of a thread.



    And your contribution made it SO much better...!
  • Reply 20 of 23
    wgauvinwgauvin Posts: 100member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by CosmoNut

    integrated graphics in the Mac mini leaves some to be desired, but let's keep Apple's offerings as a whole in perspective.



    Well the fact that I saw Dell trying to pass off a multimedia laptop (with WinXP media centre) with an Intel integrated graphics card: a) the integrated graphics card isn't that bad for such a low end computer b) Dell deserves to lose more market share treating their customers with little respect
Sign In or Register to comment.