Spy Mac Future hardware predictions accurate?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
STOP CLOSING MY THREAD ITS FUTURE HARDWARE RELATED!

Psantora if it was so easy to get the slogan why didn't YOU or anyone else do it

Does anyone think that there imac/powermac predictions could be true or partially accurate

Iwalk is fake its a thing of the past so dont' talk about it

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    [quote]Originally posted by O and A:

<strong>STOP CLOSING MY THREAD ITS FUTURE HARDWARE RELATED!

Psantora if it was so easy to get the slogan why didn't YOU or anyone else do it

Does anyone think that there imac/powermac predictions could be true or partially accurate

Iwalk is fake its a thing of the past so dont' talk about it</strong><hr></blockquote>

You already have a damn thread open...and 3-4 ppl responded. Quit opening threads just so you can be at the top of the list...god damn..

-Moazam
  • Reply 2 of 38
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    if i wanted to be at the top of the list i would just add to the thread fool

and please send the links to the other open threads i have cause i they are locked

now back to the topic at hand

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: O and A ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 38
    His keep getting closed.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member

<strong>STOP CLOSING MY THREAD ITS FUTURE HARDWARE RELATED!

Iwalk is fake its a thing of the past so dont' talk about it</strong><hr></blockquote>

I said it before. Spymac has a bunch of rumors on their site, they are bound to get somthing right. Just b/c that something is right does not mean that the rest of the rumors are any better. ESPECIALLY when the rumor that is correct is questionable as well (font wrong, wrong capitalization, posted somthing like 15 min before Apple does...)

"Does SpyMac have ANY REAL INSIDER INFO?"

::shakes Magic 8-Ball::

"Signs point to no."

-Paul

Edit: Brain Fart

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 38
    thankyou for not closing the thread

they posted it about 45 minutes in advance granted its short time but it does give credibility

Like i said if not any dumb guy would get the darn slogan ahead of time but only THEY DID

I'm more intrested in hearing opinions of what they predict...is it feasible in terms of price and speed and memory?
  • Reply 5 of 38
    I still think iWalk is a fake.

The product specs, though....who knows?

SdC
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Oh yeah, about me finding it. Well, if I was looking for it as bad as they were (I'm sure they were looking to get any credibility possible) I would pay some people off somewhere and get someone to slip the slogan out... Getting the slogan is not hard compared to getting actual concrete specs. Also the hardware specs that you are talking about have flaws in them as well. For example the 14.1 CRT and model # that is for MAc OS X... SPYMAC IS A BULLSHIT SITE. NO BETTER INFORMED THEN YOU OR ME. Maybe more motivated tho

-Paul
  • Reply 8 of 38

<strong>thankyou for not closing the thread

they posted it about 45 minutes in advance granted its short time but it does give credibility

Like i said if not any dumb guy would get the darn slogan ahead of time but only THEY DID

I'm more intrested in hearing opinions of what they predict...is it feasible in terms of price and speed and memory?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sure they are feasable. But not more feasable then any other level headed prediction in this forum...

Do you think i'm a mod? I didn't close your threads buddy...

-Paul
  • Reply 9 of 38
    sorry about that well who amorph mac agent and u other guys whoever it is thanks
  • Reply 10 of 38
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>ESPECIALLY when the rumor that is correct is questionable as well (font wrong, wrong capitalization, posted somthing like 15 min before Apple does...)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay as stated already it was posted more like 45 minutes prior to Apples and while I posted this question elsewhere I'll ask you too...

Do you really think that the folks a SpyMac make that video? Are you telling me the same folks who were able to create the iWalk stuff made that banner as well?

Sorry but SpyMac didn't do it...Do I think the video is a hoax well to be honest NO I don't since I really want it to be true (I admit that want might be blinding me) it's too bad the folks who think it is a hoax just because they DON'T want it to be true don't do the same and I know some must feel that way...

Anyway the stuff photo mockups done prior to the video at SpyMac were crap (anyone remember the bathroom pics - hahah) those I knew were a joke from my first look... Did the guy who did that 'work' do the banner OH YEA I could see that easy...

The video (if it was a hoax) wasn't done by the same hands... Not a chance... I mean the correct font wasn't even used and that would have only taken a split second to select.

Dave
  • Reply 11 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>I mean the correct font wasn't even used and that would have only taken a split second to select.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not so fast...

Apple uses COMMERCIAL fonts. They are liscensed to be used in advertising. (Read: cost a lot of money) Money that spymac probably doesnt have. These commerical fonts arent found on just anycomputer... They are very expensive and it would not be as simple as selecting the correct font. Yeah sure, he could have made it condensed too look nicer, but who are we kidding here? He knew he didn't have the right font, so he just wanted to get it up there as soon as possible so people would think that he was in the know...

-Paul
  • Reply 12 of 38
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    [quote]Apple uses COMMERCIAL fonts. They are liscensed to be used in advertising. (Read: cost a lot of money) <hr></blockquote>

Um, Apple uses <a href="http://www.tcp-ip.or.jp/~danbo/apple_garamond.html"; target="_blank">Apple Garamond</a>. Freely available.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by Cake:

<strong>

Um, Apple uses <a href="http://www.tcp-ip.or.jp/~danbo/apple_garamond.html"; target="_blank">Apple Garamond</a>. Freely available.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Errr, right...

Thats what happens when you assume too much....

::goes and cries under bed::

Oh well...

-Paul
  • Reply 14 of 38
    A more likely explanation: (since my previous one was blown out of the water )

Maybe the "graphics freak" that designed the iWalk was sleeping or somthing like that and his partner was the one who found the info and posted it? How many people work at spymac?

-Paul
  • Reply 15 of 38
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Nah, don't cry, just keep your expectations within reality and hope to be wowed on Monday.

My visiting this board is tapering off because of all the wild, stupid crap. Let's just chill and enjoy what we receive on Monday.

I have faith in Apple and Steve Jobs - this time!
  • Reply 15 of 38

<strong>

Not so fast...

Apple uses COMMERCIAL fonts. They are liscensed to be used in advertising. (Read: cost a lot of money) Money that spymac probably doesnt have. These commerical fonts arent found on just anycomputer... They are very expensive and it would not be as simple as selecting the correct font. Yeah sure, he could have made it condensed too look nicer, but who are we kidding here? He knew he didn't have the right font, so he just wanted to get it up there as soon as possible so people would think that he was in the know...

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

how do you mean paul? apple uses garamond that has been slightly altered for it apple's purposes. it's horizontally scaled in a little bit and the weight is slightly heavier than garamond book from adobe. but apple garamond is pretty easy to find. i had it on a couple of my machines for years... hold on. actually, i have it in my font collection right now. it doesn't cost any more than any other font because it's really not supposed to be for sale. it's supposed to by used for apple purposes only. a lot of large corporations have fonts that are essentially regular adobe (or other fonthouse) fonts that are slightly modified but distributed to agencies and printhouses for use in their ads and promotional materials.

the real reason you can tell that spymac's image is wrong (and could have told earlier had i known it was there) is that the kerning is just awful. it looks like it was just typed into photoshop straight without any adjustment. jobs and apple are very very particular about aesthetics. a friend of mine who worked on apple's ad account for years would tell me stories about how anal they can get as a client (which is fine, since we art directors are usually pretty anal already ).
  • Reply 17 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by admactanium:

<strong>the real reason you can tell that spymac's image is wrong (and could have told earlier had i known it was there) is that the kerning is just awful. it looks like it was just typed into photoshop straight without any adjustment. jobs and apple are very very particular about aesthetics. a friend of mine who worked on apple's ad account for years would tell me stories about how anal they can get as a client (which is fine, since we art directors are usually pretty anal already ).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Err, yeah! thats what I meant...

-Paul
  • Reply 18 of 38

<strong>

Not so fast...

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

how do you mean paul? apple uses garamond that has been slightly altered for it apple's purposes. it's horizontally scaled in a little bit and the weight is slightly heavier than garamond book from adobe. but apple garamond is pretty easy to find. i had it on a couple of my machines for years... hold on. actually, i have it in my font collection right now. it doesn't cost any more than any other font because it's really not supposed to be for sale. it's supposed to by used for apple purposes only. a lot of large corporations have fonts that are essentially regular adobe (or other fonthouse) fonts that are slightly modified but distributed to agencies and printhouses for use in their ads and promotional materials.

the real reason you can tell that spymac's image is wrong (and could have told earlier had i known it was there) is that the kerning is just awful. it looks like it was just typed into photoshop straight without any adjustment. jobs and apple are very very particular about aesthetics. a friend of mine who worked on apple's ad account for years would tell me stories about how anal they can get as a client (which is fine, since we art directors are usually pretty anal already ).
  • Reply 19 of 38
    [quote]Originally posted by admactanium:

<strong>

the real reason you can tell that spymac's image is wrong (and could have told earlier had i known it was there) is that the kerning is just awful. it looks like it was just typed into photoshop straight without any adjustment. jobs and apple are very very particular about aesthetics. a friend of mine who worked on apple's ad account for years would tell me stories about how anal they can get as a client (which is fine, since we art directors are usually pretty anal already ).</strong><hr></blockquote>

OK, we already established that I know nothing about this. no need to repeat it!

yes I am just kidding...

-Paul
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Posting Apple's slogan 45' before it's up at apple.com doesn't necessarily mean inside info is on hand.

Maybe the german Apple site was updated before the American site? Anyone check on that? The new day starts at a different time...Spymac could just go to an Apple site where it's time is ahead of the US and get the slogan. Or are all Apple sites updated synchronously, by Cuptertino time?

Otherwise, it is a bit odd that they knew the slogan ahead of time.

It would impress me more if they posted all the slogans for the next two days....but maybe they aren't known in advance. Could be that Steve thinks them up each night and then tells the web designers what to post.

If this WAS leaked, then it wouldn't be difficult to figure out who leaked it. I mean, how many people at Apple would know the slogan ahead of time? Not many, and among those, even fewer that would leak it. Executives aren't going to leak it, it's going to be some website maintenance grunt, and Steve would squash them like a sick bug.