Vista delays have Microsoft employees calling for changes

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

MS made it the de facto standard of human/machine interaction because they stole the GUI concepts that Apple innovated.

Which Apple to at least same degree stole from Xerox.

Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

It's all speculation really. Who got what idea from who and when? But IMHO, I think that today's GUI standards would be very different today had Apple not been a player

And even more different had they not visited PARC. Then it would have been something like described here by the one leading the GUI project until the Mac team visited PARC.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Which Apple to at least same degree stole from Xerox.

No, Apple didn't steal anything. Xerox turned the idea down, and decided not to use it. Xerox employees that developed the idea left the company and took it to Apple. If I remember correctly, Apple did buy the idea from Xerox for a small sum, just to make it legal. That's why Xerox never sued Apple - they never bothered to copyright it.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rwahrens

No, Apple didn't steal anything. Xerox turned the idea down, and decided not to use it. Xerox employees that developed the idea left the company and took it to Apple. If I remember correctly, Apple did buy the idea from Xerox for a small sum, just to make it legal. That's why Xerox never sued Apple - they never bothered to copyright it.

You are right but its not "steal" in a legal sense we are discussing here.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    strobestrobe Posts: 369member
    Quote:

Originally posted by auxio

The most ridiculous part is that if you watch closely at around 21 seconds, you can see that he actually hurts his leg and shrieks in pain, yet still keeps going.

You can tell the exact moment his groin snaps because he yelps like a little girl just as he passes the podium.

The best part of 'developers...' is he keeps trying to get everyone to clap and nearly has a heart attack. He's saved when his employees start to feel sorry for their CEO and start to clap.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by Vox Barbara

... blow me... what is S.BallMer. doing for a living?

"Steven A. Ballmer is Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of software for personal and business computing. Ballmer joined Microsoft in 1980 and was the first business manager hired by Bill Gates. Since then, Ballmer?s leadership and passion have become hallmarks of his tenure at the company."

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/e...e/default.mspx
  • Reply 46 of 48
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

... blow me... what is S.BallMer. doing for a living?

"Steven A. Ballmer is Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of software for personal and business computing. Ballmer joined Microsoft in 1980 and was the first business manager hired by Bill Gates. Since then, Ballmer?s leadership and passion have become hallmarks of his tenure at the company."

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/e...e/default.mspx

So this fellow Ballmer is quite a maverick, is he not? M$ should not

fire him by no means. He is worth every minute watching.

The day Ballmer got fired, is the day M$ lose something

very special. Do you agree, Suni? Smack my hand!

IMHO
  • Reply 47 of 48
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    Hasta la Vista, baby!

• Reply 48 of 48
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Heh... Voxy... you crack me up... But anyway I guess it's always fun to share the Ballmer "Monkey Boy" dance with people that haven't seen it before. When I first came across it I was so totally, WTF