New NEW 30 Inch Apple Displays?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When are the next revision of the 30 Inch Displays coming out?

The current 30 inch albeit updated is kind of getting tired...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

They just updated the 30in with better specs(higher contrast ration and brightness). Doubt we'll see a full on replacement.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

They just updated the 30in with better specs(higher contrast ration and brightness). Doubt we'll see a full on replacement.

Would bet a million we'll see a built-in iSight
  • Reply 3 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Better make that in pesos or yen
  • Reply 4 of 46
    I know they recently upped the specs but I kinda inferred that from my first post but nevertheless I am still wanting a NEXT revision as I am wanting to buy but everyday I keep thinking the new one is going to be coming out so...
  • Reply 5 of 46
    Since they did do the bump fairly recently, I doubt you'll see the 30in getting another update soon. I would suspect that the next good release window for Apple will be around WWDC when they look to be bringing out the new Intel Powermacs. The pairing would make sense.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by netbanshee

Since they did do the bump fairly recently, I doubt you'll see the 30in getting another update soon. I would suspect that the next good release window for Apple will be around WWDC when they look to be bringing out the new Intel Powermacs. The pairing would make sense.

My thoughts exactly!!

What better way to introduce the new work horse (Mac Tower Pro) of the Apple line with a newly redisigned 20inch, 23inch and 30inch Cinema Displays!

Perhaps even a larger screen???

and Ireland who knows you may be right if the MacBook comes with iSight why not the Cinema Displays?
  • Reply 7 of 46
    I wonder what percentage of the 30 Inch Apple Display users run OS X...

Most people I know run Windows whilst using the 30 inch...

An inbuilt ISight camera will be just another driver that folk will have to install...

I don't think there will be an ISight camera on cause most people that buy these buy a few of them and tile them up or side by side...
  • Reply 8 of 46
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Quote:

I know they recently upped the specs but I kinda inferred that from my first post but nevertheless I am still wanting a NEXT revision as I am wanting to buy but everyday I keep thinking the new one is going to be coming out so...

Why do you need to make INFERences from your own post?

Oh, I see, you don't understand the difference between 'infer' and 'imply'.

You're not unusual :-(
  • Reply 9 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by krispie

Why do you need to make INFERences from your own post?

Oh, I see, you don't understand the difference between 'infer' and 'imply'.

You're not unusual :-(

Actually the two may be considered synonymous

http://www.answers.com/infer&r=67

Quote:

To conclude from evidence or premises.

To reason from circumstance; surmise: We can infer that his motive in publishing the diary was less than honorable.

To lead to as a consequence or conclusion: ?Socrates argued that a statue inferred the existence of a sculptor? (Academy).

To hint; imply.

I don't think we'll see an update to the 30in yet. It's already beyond the resolution that most people need. I think we see more changes in the 20" and 23" I'd love for Apple to create a 27" Cinema Display at 1900x1200 possibly even replacing the 23" model.
  • Reply 10 of 46
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    How about a sweet 42" 1920x1080 (24p capable) LCD display, with VESA mount & built-in iSight with remote control pan & zoom capabilities?

Perfect for the living room?!

Now if Apple would just do a DVR box for the Mac mini?

;^p
  • Reply 11 of 46
    I'd like to see a 150DPI 20inch display... 30in resolutions in a 20inch size. My current 20inch display is only 99DPI, which is looking more and more inadequate.

Of course, we'd have to wait for resolution independent 10.5 before we can properly use a high resolution display. Back to waiting...
  • Reply 12 of 46
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    You'll see a 30" update because the current 30" still lacks HDCP.

I won't buy a larger monitor without HDCP which at this point means Dell...I just ordered 2 30" and 2 24" from them.

Apple I didn't even bother considering. I'll replace my desktop in a couple years but I'm not as likely to be able to replace the 30". The 24" I figure to be commodity items like 19" is today.

Vinea
  • Reply 13 of 46
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    I'd like to see a resolution indepence feature in the next version of

OS X. If you set the font size to 24 point it would exactly the same size

of 24 point text on paper. It's kind of irritating when you see a website's text scale depending if the screen has a 72dpi resolution or

100dpi.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    Quote:

Tomorrow...that's when they're coming out...

Haven't people figured out that nobody knows anything as far as when Apple is releasing stuff?
  • Reply 15 of 46
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Wrong; back to predicting school for you.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    does anyone think they'll refresh their display line at NAB next week? seems like an appropriate play to do so. of course it would also make sense for them to do so when they release the powermac successors so they match, but the current display are lacking compared to even the intel imac display (from what I hear)
  • Reply 17 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinea

I won't buy a larger monitor without HDCP which at this point means Dell...I just ordered 2 30" and 2 24" from them.

HDCP will probably become obsolete soon.

I bought a Dell as well, by the way. But for me, the reason was the 3 year warranty.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

HDCP will probably become obsolete soon.

Better than not having it which we know the studios don't like. What is replacing HDCP? I know that folks are working on HDMI with better connectors.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinea

Better than not having it which we know the studios don't like.

Universal is now also not going to use the image constraint token, so there are only 2 studios left. It's still up on the air what will happen, and I don't think it will help you future proof your purchase much (if at all), unfortunately.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I was thinking about this a bit. What if apple put speakers under the display. In the same way they do in the iMac, that would be a nice touch. And a welcome addition to the WWDC new displays. Here's my 2 cents. Same design, same color. Buitl in i-sight and hidden speakers, like the iMac.