Jobs declines to write foreword to Wozniak's autobiography

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Eh?

Lisa Brennan-Jobs, Steve's first kid, whom Jobs denied was even his for years.

Quote:

From http://www.valleywag.com/tech/lisa-b...jobs/index.php

... For those of you who haven't read the roman Ã* clef A Regular Guy (by Jobs' biological sister), we'll connect the dots: it turns out the mogul refused to pay child support for his daughter Lisa, denying she was even his, for years. Can't imagine that's healthy. At least he named a computer after her -- okay, a failed one, but there's only so much love a dad can give, eh?

• Reply 62 of 67
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_jerome

I very probably have something he (Jobs) want's but he ain't goin to get it. Well, not until he decides to stop this litigation madness. ijust cant $*Yk'n stand it!, what's happened to him? (Jobs) has the iPod and iTunes gotten to his head?

Chris. J

What do you mean what happened, Jobs has alway been an egotistical, sociopath, premodana, asshole. That's why we love him, he's the kind of guy that's gets dreams made into reality. Don't ever think of him as a Teddy Bear, I've heard stories about him loosing 3 assistances in a week because they all had emotional breakdowns over his tantrums. God bless him for it.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

snipe

Hate to quote myself, but what I think I was trying to say is that the book will likly be the truth, and the truth is that Woz is a great guy who had a couple of really great ideas and Jobs is an arrogant, money grubbing prick, a really successfull one...
  • Reply 64 of 67
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    The Apple Lisa was not named after a kid of Jobs. It was named after someone at PARC.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    a_greer don't forget Woz' semi-obsession, playing with laser pointers...
  • Reply 66 of 67
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

a_greer don't forget Woz' semi-obsession, playing with laser pointers...

Ok, so his insanity is confirmed...
  • Reply 67 of 67
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by godrifle

Think of it as waiting two minutes each time you launch a certain application you want to use... if you're using it a lot, each instance *is* a big deal.

Yeah, but you can't really blame Apple - they want XP on there to help you *migrate to OSX full time. Apple doesn't want you to use XP along with OSX. Help people move their shit over, hold their hand a bit, and then be done with it and hope they forget XP is even on their machine.

There are going to be lots of solutions out there for running OSX and XP at the same time, and who knows, maybe bootcamp is headed in that direction as well.