Fox delivers 16 series to iTunes Music Store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Fox Entertainment Group and Apple on Tuesday announced that hit programming from FOX, FX, SPEED, FUEL TV and 20th Century Fox Television is now available for purchase on the iTunes Music Store.

The new Fox programming features 16 series including "24," "Prison Break" and "The Shield." It's the largest network debut to date on iTunes and spans current hit programming from the drama, comedy and reality genres, plus several classic favorites, the two corporations said.

With the addition of the new FOX content, iTunes now offers over 90 TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod.

"As this partnership demonstrates, we're committed to delivering our content to consumers in as many ways as possible," said Peter Levinsohn, president, Fox Digital Media. "Today, with some of the world's premier television content, Fox is bringing unprecedented depth -- in a single launch -- to the iTunes Music Store."

In addition to FOX's "24" and "Prison Break" and FX's "The Shield," iTunes shoppers can also purchase comedies such as FX's "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," and FOX's "Stacked."

Other series include FOX's "Unan1mous," FX's "Black. White," and "30 Days;" and favorites from the 20th Century Fox Television library, including "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly" and "Lost in Space."

Fox's iTunes programming will also feature a variety of specialized programming from SPEED, including "Pinks," "Unique Whips" and FUEL TV's action sports diary "First Hand."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    beatmakerbeatmaker Posts: 57member
    C'mon Apple... your missing the boat here. WB! Get the WB! I'd like to keep up on episodes of Smallville (no I'm not a nerd, I have kids).
  • Reply 2 of 22
    robin hoodrobin hood Posts: 513member
    You are a nerd.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Missing the boat? They finally picked up 24. Nuff said \\m/
  • Reply 4 of 22
    dukemeiserdukemeiser Posts: 39member
    Notably absent are the hit cartoon shows such as King of the Hill, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    beatmakerbeatmaker Posts: 57member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dukemeiser

Notably absent are the hit cartoon shows such as King of the Hill, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad.

Ah yea. Good ones. I'd like to get Family Guy... but then again the season DVDs are fairly cheap.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    ccperkdogccperkdog Posts: 4member
    Well adding Fox content couldn't have come at a better time since I forgot to set my TiVo last night, but I was very dissappointed when after downloading what I thought was last night's episode of "Prison Break" titled "Go" I played it back only to find out it was the week befores episode. Sloppy quality control when rolling out a new product I guess. My email is in with iTMS tech support but I wanted to get out a warning to others before they run into the same problem.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Amazing. Speed only airs one show worth watching, and then in the middle of the night, and they don't sign it. If Apple put the F1 races and qualifying up on iTMS, I would consider Fox's subjugation of the Speed channel complete, and it would be useless to me.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Great! Jack Bauer and Pamela Anderson on my iPod.

Hang on - we can't get TV shows in the UK iTunes site.

Stacked is really funny - one of the best US sitcoms I've seen for ages.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    psychboypsychboy Posts: 46member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dukemeiser

With the fanaticism that Family Guy brings, I would imagine that there'd be a large number of people who download every episode through iTunes and then purchase the DVD sets as they come out. I wonder why they're holding back...
  • Reply 10 of 22
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shaun, UK

Stacked is really funny - one of the best US sitcoms I've seen for ages.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic??
  • Reply 11 of 22
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

Please tell me you're being sarcastic??

Sorry, I don't get out much!

I'm ashamed of myself now.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Anybody who would spend $1.99 for an episode of Unan1mous should have their head examined.

Hell...

Anybody who even WATCHES Unan1mous should have their head examined. What a pathetic show.

Want Family Guy on your iPod? Buy the DVDs and install a little program called Instant Handbrake. It's a gem.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

You are a nerd.

And what does hanging around on Apple Rumor Web Sites make you might I ask?

Dave
  • Reply 14 of 22
    So I had a problem with a Fox download earlier today (see prior post) and also put the warning on the Apple discussion boards. Instead of addressing my problem, Apple removed my post and sent me a warning email about appropriate topics. Funny, given the mess they have made over the failure to mail out pre-sale passwords for the RHCP's today and all the foul, heated posts on the discussion boards at Apple, my post warning of a technical error was deemed inappropriate. So I am putting the warning out again. Download these new shows at your own risk. Because of link errors there is no telling what episode you may end up with. Thanks a lot Apple.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ccperkdog

So I had a problem with a Fox download earlier today (see prior post) and also put the warning on the Apple discussion boards. Instead of addressing my problem, Apple removed my post and sent me a warning email about appropriate topics. Funny, given the mess they have made over the failure to mail out pre-sale passwords for the RHCP's today and all the foul, heated posts on the discussion boards at Apple, my post warning of a technical error was deemed inappropriate. So I am putting the warning out again. Download these new shows at your own risk. Because of link errors there is no telling what episode you may end up with. Thanks a lot Apple.

Check here and make sure "Go" which aired yesterday has a synopsis inline with what you downloaded...
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Unfortunately I follow the show regularly, and the episode that I downloaded that was supposed to be "Go" and which is titled as such on iTMS, was really just the footage from "Tonight" the previous week's episode. Anyways, iTMS tech support seems to be under assault from angry Chili Peppers fans right now so I doubt my problem will even be addressed.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crees!

Missing the boat? They finally picked up 24. Nuff said \\m/

24 in anything less than SD would be simply unwatchable, Where are the Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, you know, the stuff that is watchable at a lower res?
  • Reply 18 of 22
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Most of the problems with the shows that don't get on, are due to licensing issues. If the network doesn't actually own the shows in question, the negotiations also have to be concluded with the studios, or producers, who do.

The Fox deal is a BIG one. They were considered to be shaky, at best, over the idea of iTunes. Murdock is also a person who doesn't like to give up control of his properties. It had been thought that he might not want to have a third party license his shows for download, and that he would want to do it himself.

Murdock's companies have been increasing their options in these areas for a while. With his cable, satellite, and tv interests, it was thought to just be a matter of time before they went to downloads as well. Therefore, this deal is significant.

Hopefully, some of the other shows wished for here can be licensed as well.

Now, CBS is the last major holdout from the four big networks.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    I want the UFC on iTunes!!!
  • Reply 20 of 22
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    "With the fanaticism that Family Guy brings, I would imagine that there'd be a large number of people who download every episode through iTunes and then purchase the DVD sets as they come out. I wonder why they're holding back..."

Right you are, Psychboy! Consider me a "Family Guy" fanatic, too. Along with the UFC.