Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!

Comments

• Reply 121 of 242
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Yup, that's part of the inspiration and a comparison made in some PC mags

I'll come clean: I photoshopped the Asus 7700 ATX case. I'll leave it to you all to find the pre-photoshopped Asus case. (www.asus.com)
  • Reply 122 of 242
    swizswiz Posts: 1member
  • Reply 123 of 242
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:

Originally posted by swiz

Good idea
  • Reply 124 of 242
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Introduing the BlingMac:

Pretty Pimp
  • Reply 125 of 242
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    What's this, pimp my ride?
  • Reply 126 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

What's this, pimp my ride?

I actually did put a hubcap on first...

But i guess it would be pimp my mac...
  • Reply 127 of 242
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    this size shd be very good! ... and no water cooling system
  • Reply 128 of 242
    Is that 24-carat gold?
  • Reply 129 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by swiz

Swiz your image is not coming up because your http address is referring to your local drive not an actual web address...
  • Reply 130 of 242
    Of course we all know Fiddy will be accompanying Steve on stage to present the new Mac Pro / Bling Mac at WWDC. Word. (image below)

• Reply 131 of 242
  • Reply 132 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Of course we all know Fiddy will be accompanying Steve on stage to present the new Mac Pro / Bling Mac at WWDC. Word. (image below)

Fo' Sho'!
  • Reply 133 of 242
    In all seriousness -- I think a PowerMac with brushed black metal would be really cool.
  • Reply 134 of 242
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Wachu thinkin BIOTCH?! We need a chrome dove spinna for da logo -- you feel me bro?
  • Reply 135 of 242
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    G-UNIT!
  • Reply 136 of 242
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Okay, this thread is offically LAME?!!!

I mean, come on, who wants a gold-plated PowerMac??!?

Come on guys, let's see something that could actually be produced by Apple?

And sunilraman, what is with the Fiddy Scent obsession??!?

;^p
  • Reply 137 of 242
    Hey, I'm a desperate attention seeker. Fiddy seems to have more impact then my earlier HR-Giger-esque ProMac/ Asus Vento 7700 case hack job.

And it was icfireball that brought on the BlingMac, it just needed a celebrity endorsement

I would bring out Ice Cube but that might be a little old skool now. But still great:

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.

I got to say it was a good day

Word to your motha..BIATCH!!
  • Reply 138 of 242
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Hey, I'm a desperate attention seeker. Fiddy seems to have more impact then my earlier HR-Giger-esque ProMac/ Asus Vento 7700 case hack job.

And it was icfireball that brought on the BlingMac, it just needed a celebrity endorsement

I would bring out Ice Cube but that might be a little old skool now. But still great:

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.

I got to say it was a good day

Word to your motha..BIATCH!!

Uh, that's beeotch, homez?

;^p

As for endorsements from the rap/hip hop community, I would go for the true Old Schooler, Ice-MuthaFuckin' T, yo?

And tell your momz I said, "Sup??!?"

• Reply 139 of 242
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

OK - not mine, but nice:

http://www.applele.com/pict_05powermac_r01.html

Just hope that there will be a smaller version, in terms of the size of a case - the current PM is huge.

I liked that one. Clean with baffled intake, would cut down on noise that leaks out of the front of the now, cheesegratter Power Mac.

Call me crazy, but I think Apple should make this computer look different then the others when it comes time for Intel-ization. Why?
    1. It may be the last Mac to change*, but its audience (professionals) has a lot riding on the processor change. There are still many programs that need to go Universal, and this platform change should be welcomed with a new coat.

2. So you say, "but then if #1 was true why didn't Apple redesign the enclosure for the MacBook Pro?" Simple. That design worked fine for their replacement Intel chip. Lower power chip, laptop case. But the Power Mac G5 was entirely designed because the IBM G5 is a power hungry, heat spewing beast.

See there is NO point to have 9 fans, their "holey" front for the new Intel chips. So they use Xeons, so they use a server board, see server hardware is freakin' loud. Louder then loud. I don't want freakin loud just because I want power and expandability. On the desk, under the desk, they can redesign the PMG5 case and should.

BTX or something similar would work, two 120mm intakes with dust filters (washable) cooling hard drives near the front of the case and then chips near the back. 3.5" hard drives are big when you want to use more then two of them so I don't think the current G5's zones would work if they add more drives, which they should.

Look at for an example of good acoustic design.

I'd like Apple to finally offer a Tower that isn't a Power Mac, that isn't $2000, that isn't huge, and fan filled. I'd like to see another, smaller box with limited expandability and just a single processor.

Meh, I'm just pissed off. I've brought my 1.8 GHz Dual G4 upgraded Digital Audio back home after being at the office for a few years and well, its loud. Just recently sold a gaming PC I built using that large, silver case I linked to above. Two drives, Dual-core processor, high-end video card, it was whisper quiet. THAT is what I'd like if I plunked down cash for another Power Mac. Its expandable, its quiet, its powerful.

Pfft, I'll probably end up buying a Mac mini and installing a 2.1 GHz Duo or Merom after they are released. My Mac mini G4 has been great acoustically.

* The Xserve may get updated before, it may not. But it really is the black sheep of the Apple line-up anyway. And may not follow logic.
  • Reply 140 of 242
    Ah, the dual G4 digital-audio and Quicksilvers. Teh "windy"