Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!

Comments

• Reply 161 of 242
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Now, this would be a real sweet high definition workstation environment. Cinema display 24" (Dark brushed aluminium) shown with iSight and FrontRow capabilities. A perfect complement to your MacPro Quad Extreme, Quad Pro, or Dual Pro. (image below)

• Reply 162 of 242
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    With a tank as big as the PowerMac, you have GOT to have the handles.
  • Reply 163 of 242
    THIS JUST IN!!! DELLS NEW XPS DESIGN REVEALED:

Design crude...but I am just starting to use Google Sketchup...
  • Reply 164 of 242
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

THIS JUST IN!!! DELLS NEW XPS DESIGN REVEALED:

• Reply 165 of 242
    Originally posted by icfireball

With a tank as big as the PowerMac, you have GOT to have the handles.

Well, that's the idea with the Midi-Tower design shown above. The current G5 is as high as the 30-inch cinema display. This design above is as high as the 23"/24" cinema display.
  • Reply 166 of 242
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Now, this would be a real sweet high definition workstation environment. Cinema display 24" (Dark brushed aluminium) shown with iSight and FrontRow capabilities. A perfect complement to your MacPro Quad Extreme, Quad Pro, or Dual Pro. (image below)

This owns. 'Nuff said.
  • Reply 167 of 242
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    But it has no trademark handles...
  • Reply 168 of 242
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    That mock-up has a weight problem
  • Reply 169 of 242
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Liquid metal maybe? I like the dark aluminum one though.

I suspect we will get almost the same design as we have now. Perhaps after a weight watchers program... None of the other intel conversions have had major redesigns. I suspect that is for strategic reasons.
  • Reply 170 of 242
    Cool. Heh. Steve Jobs: "Alright G5 case, we're gonna put you on a program, starting today I wanna see pounds dropping..!! And if I see you near those chocolate muffins, you're gonna be in deep trouble, baby...!"

Side note. Dark aluminium credited to user b3nj. I have been riffing off his earlier mockups.
  • Reply 171 of 242
    molokomoloko Posts: 21member
    As a rare cheese-grater fan, I'm rooting for consistency.

ie: similar case design as with all the intel Macs so far ? Apple's way of saying these are still Macs, even with intel inside.

But I like the idea of a change in colour...

• Reply 172 of 242
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Love the slogan - could easily be real!
  • Reply 173 of 242
    molokomoloko Posts: 21member
    i have too much free time and still don't get out enough...

• Reply 174 of 242
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    This is not Dell we're talking about.
  • Reply 175 of 242
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quick question:

How do you open the 2nd optical drive bay if there's only one eject key on the keyboard? How was this done when the MDD G4's were around? I forget!
  • Reply 176 of 242
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Shift-Eject, I do believe. There are a good five ways of doing it from the Finder as well.

Am I the only one, though, that finds it absolutely obnoxious that there are no eject buttons on the hardware itself?
  • Reply 177 of 242
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Okay, I am afraid I am going to have to move for a banning of all glow effects?!

;^p
  • Reply 178 of 242
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Am I the only one...that finds it absolutely obnoxious that there are no eject buttons on the hardware itself?

No, you're right...there should be...and in my opinion on ALL of the other hardware too.
  • Reply 179 of 242
    Btw on macs there isnt a button per se -- but there is a manual eject "hole"

The thing with eject buttons -- is that they arn't mechanical and can freeze up just like software ejects can too.
  • Reply 180 of 242
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Someone has to say it. These all suck ass. I think it's obvious none of you are actual design pro's. Sorry.