Once you have black, you can't go back

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So, how many of you will pay a premium for the black-ness?



Be honest!
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 41
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    I already have.... Shipping May 25, according to the online store.
  • Reply 2 of 41
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    As a Pismo user, that black laptop is tempting. But I'd use the power of a MacBook Pro to its full potential and the MacBook seems a little weak in the graphics department.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Me too -- May 25th. Hopefully a little earlier? This will make a nice birthday present for myself.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    I definitely will buy the black MacBook this weekend.



    I am going to check them out this weekend at the Apple store--just because of Apple's horrific quality problems of late I won't buy computers from them site unseen--but short a rash of problems, I will buy the Black one.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    well i went white with the ipod...



    classic stylings!



    surely you would have to get black EVERYTHING?! for co-ordination
  • Reply 6 of 41
    *Raises hand*



    *Returns to gawking at pictures of the Black MacBook*
  • Reply 7 of 41
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    no way, this laptop isn't feature rich enough to justify buying anything beyond the $1099 version, which is a decent value.



    Paying a premium for 'Dell' black is something only a crazy Mac user would do and Apple marketing knows it.





    And what if Red shows up this weekend at the NYC opening? Aren't you early adopters that ran out to get the black one gonna be irked....
  • Reply 8 of 41
    irelandireland Posts: 17,452member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by sandau

    no way, this laptop isn't feature rich enough to justify buying anything beyond the $1099 version, which is a decent value.



    Paying a premium for 'Dell' black is something only a crazy Mac user would do and Apple marketing knows it.





    And what if Red shows up this weekend at the NYC opening? Aren't you early adopters that ran out to get the black one gonna be irked....




    Apple would excahnge them if you wanted.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ireland

    Apple would excahnge them if you wanted.



    10% restocking fee? Hmm, at $1499 for the black, a swap to red is another $149 fee. Beautiful!!!
  • Reply 10 of 41
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    The black is just not doing it for me. Not the way the pictures are presented on Apple.com.



    Here's a mockup I did of a black MacBook that I *would* have liked to see.



  • Reply 11 of 41
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by sandau

    no way, this laptop isn't feature rich enough to justify buying anything beyond the $1099 version, which is a decent value.



    Paying a premium for 'Dell' black is something only a crazy Mac user would do and Apple marketing knows it.





    And what if Red shows up this weekend at the NYC opening? Aren't you early adopters that ran out to get the black one gonna be irked....




    Well, honestly, the $1099 version is a GREAT deal, the $1299 is a good deal, and the black model is well-conceived exploitation.



    But yes.
  • Reply 12 of 41
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gloss

    Well, honestly, the $1099 version is a GREAT deal, the $1299 is a good deal, and the black model is well-conceived exploitation.



    But yes.




    I like that...well conceived exploitation, well put.



    I do have to say, I, with my white MacBook, have some 'Black' envy...
  • Reply 13 of 41
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Heh. There are many shades and textures of Black. But only Apple can make one in the shade and texture of "envy and exploit".
  • Reply 14 of 41
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by sandau

    I like that...well conceived exploitation, well put.



    I do have to say, I, with my white MacBook, have some 'Black' envy...




    Just comfort yourself with a nice dinner paid for with the money you saved.



    Personally, I put it towards more RAM. It 2/3s paid for a new 2GB (self-installed).
  • Reply 15 of 41
    I ordered mine two days ago and it also says May 25th for the estimated shipping date. If anyone gets theirs shipped earlier, please post.
  • Reply 16 of 41
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,130member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gloss

    ?the black model is well-conceived exploitation.



    So I gues you could call it "Blacksploitation"??!?



    ;^p



    Cue the funky wah guitar & Richard Roundtree?
  • Reply 17 of 41
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by sandau

    10% restocking fee? Hmm, at $1499 for the black, a swap to red is another $149 fee. Beautiful!!!



    14 day return policy at the Apple Store. No restocking fee.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by netdog

    14 day return policy at the Apple Store. No restocking fee.



    My receipt says: Return Date: May 30, 2006

    $109.90 fee if opened.



    I'm sure if I had an unopened box it would be accepted without a fee, but most people open their's up!!
  • Reply 19 of 41
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacRonin

    So I gues you could call it "Blacksploitation"??!?



    ;^p



    Cue the funky wah guitar & Richard Roundtree?






  • Reply 20 of 41
    discodisco Posts: 83member
    I couldn't justify the premium for the black model. I picked up the $1099 model yesterday and I'm loving it so far.
Sign In or Register to comment.