Future imac designs?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Blue Dalmation is my all time favourite...that was so retro cool and cute!!! I concur that the new iMacs will continue to slim and hopefully lose some of its chin eventually, but I agree they should maintain full-sized hard-drive and memory componants!!! Bring on a black iMac!!!
  • Reply 42 of 43
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:

But the next generation Intel integrated graphics seems to become quite good.

Apple wants you to buy the more expensive computer so they will cripple the Mac mine till it's limp.

Yeah I also think that Apple currently cripple the Mini so you spend more but what I don't get is why. I mean, they have about the same profit margin on a Mini as an imac I think. It's not as if they've crippled the imac to encourage people to get a Mac Pro so why kill the Mini?

Quote:

This thread exists because there are more people like you who think that tossing some parts together with good specs makes a good computer.

There's a difference between good spec and reasonable spec. I totally understand the reasons for using integrated chips in lower end machines. What I don't like is I prefer headless computers and I need an adequate GPU and the only option Apple provides will be in the $2000 range and not in a form factor I'd like. This is for no justifiable reason whatsoever. When they can make an imac with a decent spec for under $1000 then they can make a Mini with that spec under $1000. Even if that meant making it a bit bigger, they could do it.

If you had the two sitting next to each other with the same spec, an all-in-one imac or a Mini and the Mini was priced in such a way you could get a 3rd party display for the same combined price as the imac, which would you honestly choose?
  • Reply 43 of 43
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marvin

If you had the two sitting next to each other with the same spec, an all-in-one imac or a Mini and the Mini was priced in such a way you could get a 3rd party display for the same combined price as the imac, which would you honestly choose?

Sorry, I would choose the iMac for my own business (and private use).

My current one serves me well, although I would prefer a Conroe equipped 23" iMac.

a Black One.

For the firm I work for I would definitively not order an iMac.