When will Apple announce new hardware?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by futuretheory9

Well you obviously aren't very good at your research, but I never did think architecture companies could hire techies very well. Since you don't believe me and the 10K I've already spent on intel macs, other people are writing about it as well:

http://www.creativemac.com/articles/...e.jsp?id=39065

Now that I've done your job, you're very welcome. Sorry I can't help with your reading problem, but I can tell you that I never sold the intel macs short, in fact I love them--which is why I can't stand the fact that I have to buy an older PowerPC just to get work done in Adobe apps. Sorry to whine, I'm sure everyone is sick of it. I just didn't plan on dealing with such an idiot this evening.

Now we are out & out calling names, eh?

Nothing to believe from you, and yes, you are still selling the Intel MacPros short?

Since you haven't even had a chance to use the yet as unannounced MacPro, how can you say that they will not do for running Adobe under Rosetta??!?

But i guess you would know, since you have spent that 10K on new Intel macs? Excepting of course the PowerMac replacement?

Which is the only machine to question the performance of?

Yet you say it is a loser for Adobe under emulation, without even having tried it out?!

Please, at least wait to try a new Intel MacPro before passing judgement?

Buying anything with a PowerPC CPU in it would be bad investment at this point, Rosetta should be just fine until the UBs finally hit?

As for the slagging of 'architectural techies' in general, and calling me an idiot in particular; well, grow up! I may have called you a noob for coming on the boards here and spouting off about how a machine not even released or tested yet in not good enough for your plans, but I never personally attacked you?

And with a post count of 20+, well, if that doesn't scream 'noob', than I don't know what would?

So, in closing; lighten up, let it go & actually try an Intel MacPro when they drop?

Moving on?
  • Reply 42 of 48
    sternonesternone Posts: 80member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

i remember seeing a website that gives advice on whether to buy or not buy an apple product....does anyone have the web site??? that helped me some time ago when i got my wife's ibook g4

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ ???????
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gandalf the Semi-Coherent

I know the exact release dates for all Apple products in the pipeline for the next five years, thanks to my time-traveling DeLorean.

I'm gonna make a killing in Apple stock. All hail the Flux Capacitor.

GTSC

P.S. You're obviously *very* new around here, so I'm having a bit of a joke at your expense. What you're asking for is something Apple never reveals. You find out when you find out.

I disagree completely. The new products always come out within 2 or 3 weeks after you break down and buy whatever it is you were waiting for them to update.

So for the fellow who is looking for them to update the iPod, I say go ahead and save up for 2 iPods, buy one, and then get the updated version as soon as it comes out. \

Seriously, though, I waited 3 years to get my Powerbook, and after lurking on here and asking lots of questions, I finally pinned down exactly which features I was waiting for Apple to update, and when they did, I made my purchase. I got a Powerbook G4 800, and to date it is the best $3000 I've ever spent. That was in 2002, and 4 years later I'm still able to run everything I need, and it's still as fast as ever. In fact, it still seems to be faster than any of the Windows computers I use at work. Sooner or later I'll get out of school and start making money again, and I plan to save up another $3000 to get another Powerbook (or whatever they want to call it then - "SuperBook" perhaps.)
  • Reply 44 of 48
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Preorder that nike thing.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    there is something weird happening to these boards.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    mwswamimwswami Posts: 166member
    We are busy updating the store for you and will be back within the hour!!!

• Reply 47 of 48
    Right on ^^
  • Reply 48 of 48
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    The US store is up fine.....What (if anything) did they change?