"NEW MIGHTY MOUSE" Someone has to do it??

Comments

• Reply 21 of 130
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marvin

I don't imagine Apple employees are going to be listening.

That's where you're wrong because they have this URL, ala feedback.

(besides, you mean to think Steve Jobs or any of the other guys there, don't take a look at these forums)
  • Reply 22 of 130

That's the idea!
  • Reply 23 of 130
    user23user23 Posts: 199member

I kind of like the idea of a mouse with a scroll-pad...hmmmm...
  • Reply 24 of 130
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    I dont understand what is wrong with a physical scroller? I like the ball thing on the mighty mouse, it's just way too small.
  • Reply 25 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by sthiede

I dont understand what is wrong with a physical scroller? I like the ball thing on the mighty mouse, it's just way too small.

I found this image on google under "apple mighty mouse" page 26:

The scroll ball design is flawed, it get's dirty and in turn gets stuck. A small oval shaped trackpad in place of the scrollball couldn't get stuck from dirt. It would be absolutely impossible to get it stuck with a dirty or greasy hand, in the realm of noramal use. So there would be no need for topics like this ever again, which would be great. Ya read me.
  • Reply 26 of 130
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

I found this image on google under "apple mighty mouse" page 26:

The scroll ball design is flawed, it get's dirty and in turn gets stuck. A small oval shaped trackpad in place of the scrollball couldn't get stuck from dirt. It would be absolutely impossible to get it stuck with a dirty or greasy hand, in the realm of noramal use. So there would be no need for topics like this ever again, which would be great. Ya read me.

I love that finger positioning
  • Reply 27 of 130
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,434moderator
    Quote:

(besides, you mean to think Steve Jobs or any of the other guys there, don't take a look at these forums)

Well that's true. I've always wondered if people like Steve Jobs go into standard forums and register with common names. He might even have posted in this thread already.

I wonder if he gets the last say on design though. I imagine he relies on that designer guy who got the awards. Maybe it would be better contacting/kidnapping him.
  • Reply 28 of 130
    Quote:

It would be absolutely impossible to get it stuck with a dirty or greasy hand, in the realm of noramal use. So there would be no need for topics like this ever again, which would be great. Ya read me.

i wonder do car mechanics use macs.... i bet THEY could get the track pad dirty
  • Reply 29 of 130
    Quote:

I wonder if he gets the last say on design though. I imagine he relies on that designer guy who got the awards. Maybe it would be better contacting/kidnapping him.

Johnathan Ives?
  • Reply 30 of 130
    Quote:

Well that's true. I've always wondered if people like Steve Jobs go into standard forums and register with common names. He might even have posted in this thread already.

I never said registered, I said looked.
  • Reply 31 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trendannoyer

i wonder do car mechanics use macs.... i bet THEY could get the track pad dirty

That's not actually humorous at all, no mechanics com home form work without washing their hands. You know what I mean, the Mighty Mouse scrollball gets stuck even with clean hands.
  • Reply 32 of 130
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

But that's just the point, Ireland. It should reflect the aspect ratio of the screen.

If your screen is widescreen, it reduces much need to "scroll" horizontally, but increases the likelihood that you will scroll vertically.
  • Reply 33 of 130
    I sent that feedback with that declaration. They got the message!

If anyone wants to improve on the current oval mock-up, to make it look more realistic it would be cool. They have the message though.
  • Reply 34 of 130
    Quote:

That's not actually humorous at all, no mechanics com home form work without washing their hands. You know what I mean, the Mighty Mouse scrollball gets stuck even with clean hands.

you ever see a mec working ?? then go to the BLACKENED PC, wipe hands on overalls, and check for parts availability??

sorry if it wasnt clear but in NO WAY did i mean what you think i ment!

BTW what do you mean by "fuck scientology" ???

i find it offensive, that you mention religion at all
  • Reply 35 of 130
    Quote:

you ever see a mec working ?? then go to the BLACKENED PC, wipe hands on overalls, and check for parts availability??

sorry if it wasnt clear but in NO WAY did i mean what you think i ment!

BTW what do you mean by "fuck scientology" ???

i find it offensive, that you mention religion at all

I used to be a mechanical engineer, so I know. By the way I see why some people might laugh at your joke about scientology, but it's not a religion. It's a cult that's responsible for numerous deaths. It has stripped many people of all their money and their sanity with its crazy ideas. See slideshow on the right.
  • Reply 36 of 130
  • Reply 37 of 130
    Quote:

I used to be a mechanical engineer, so I know. By the way I see why some people might laugh at your joke about scientology, but it's not a religion. It's a cult that's responsible for numerous deaths. It has stripped many people of all their money and their sanity with its crazy ideas. See slideshow on the right.

where as NO-ONE has ever died due to the likes of christianity???? itself at one point a cult.
  • Reply 38 of 130
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Like this?

• Reply 39 of 130
    Quote:

where as NO-ONE has ever died due to the likes of christianity???? itself at one point a cult.

Whatever.
  • Reply 40 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Like this?

Something like that, but nicer.