Apple filings reveal potential iPod redesigns

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    alot of those designs look very much like samsung mp3 playerss.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by desarc

yeah, that and who wants to be seen walking around the city talking to their iPod - "iPod, play my Nine Inch Nails Playlist". "iPod, why am i being beat-up by strangers?"

Hilarious.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    It looks to me like Apple is filing a patent for designs of other MP3 players in an effort to make them drop out. Or change their design.

So that clones don't look anything near like the iPod.

This could put a snag in Microsoft's plan as the rumored pics of their player has a tiny looking, round thumb control like thing where Apple's click wheel is. Which Apple seems to have covered now.

Iiiinteresting...
  • Reply 24 of 33
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

You and a billion others.

I hope you've got your numbers right!
  • Reply 25 of 33
    666666 Posts: 134member
    When are they going to make a fold out full sized screen ipod? Like halfway between a DS & a PSP, but for watching movies?

Closed, it's a normal ipod with a simple, small color screen for album art etc.

Opened (laptop like) it's a movie player.

That should be the future of the ipod.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    Quote:

Originally posted by desarc

yeah, that and who wants to be seen walking around the city talking to their iPod - "iPod, play my Nine Inch Nails Playlist". "iPod, why am i being beat-up by strangers?"

...besides, how well did speech recognition work the last time you tried it?

"iPod, play dangerdoom, the mouse and the mask"

mmmm, i'm sorry, i didn't get that, it sounds like you said "clay ranger boom them house hanna ask"

"Eat Martha" .

An iPhone nano would be great, but I think most of these are just covering bases against clones. The square trackpad would be good though.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    Looks like crap no?

Click wheel will always be the way forward- as said before I think they're just covering their bases!

BENj
  • Reply 28 of 33
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    Yeah, that "+" track pad looks really bad.

I agree with most of the posts. Either (1) Apple is trying to throw off the rumor sites as to their future designs (though I'll be surprised if that iPhone Nano design isn't for real), or (2) Apple is trying to get a patent to cover anything that might look like an iPod. Perhaps they're getting ready for a lawsuit against Microsoft's rival portable music player?
  • Reply 29 of 33
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jamezog

Perhaps they're getting ready for a lawsuit against Microsoft's rival portable music player?

Well, but than one can ask, who is going to buy MS Music Players anyway?.

To put it differently, who cares?
  • Reply 30 of 33
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    How about them being prototypes for Front Row remotes?
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

How about them being prototypes for Front Row remotes?

How about the front row remote being a prototype for a new shuffle?

Quote:

Originally posted by BenJ

Looks like crap no?

*image snipped*

Click wheel will always be the way forward- as said before I think they're just covering their bases!

BENj

You just killed the volume control and the menu nav...
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by BenJ

Looks like crap no?

BENj

Your assuming it's for a music player.

• Reply 33 of 33
    Nice job with that Motorola Apple Phone...

I just don't need a phone, darnit. My little free flip-phone from Sprint does me fine. I just want a little device that lets me carry my iCal around with me and "pencil you in."

"All roads lead to iPhone..."

Argh.