Apple's wireless Mighty Mouse now available

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 111
    I just received my two, they work great.
  • Reply 102 of 111
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    So long as I cannot click the left and the right buttons at the same time, I will never be able to use a Mighty Mouse.. BT or otherwise.. =(

- Xidius
  • Reply 103 of 111
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

So long as I cannot click the left and the right buttons at the same time, I will never be able to use a Mighty Mouse.. BT or otherwise.. =(

- Xidius

What for? Did you see the discussion a few posts up about using the squeeze or a keyboard key instead?
  • Reply 104 of 111
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Have you noticed any discoloration in the plastic (ie: turning yellow)?

Nope.
  • Reply 105 of 111
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

A question for all of you who have the original (wired) MM...

Have you noticed any discoloration in the plastic (ie: turning yellow)? I ask because my old MS mouse turned yellow, whereas my new one is fine, and if I'm going to blow $70 on a mouse, I'd like it to stay its original intended color.

My wired Mighty Mouse is basically the same color as when I bought it, but that's not to say it won't discolor as it gets to the age of your old mouse.
  • Reply 106 of 111
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    My daughters MM hasn't changed color, and I bought it a month after it came out.
  • Reply 107 of 111
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FrenchMac

I've just received my Wireless Mighty Mouse and it works great!

It's recognized by 10.4.7 but need the supply CD in order to access the new driver and new Preference Pane.

It is smoother that the old wireless Apple mouse (I have computer with both wireless 1 button Apple mouse and Wired Mighty Mouse at work). It behave exactly like the Wired Mighty Mouse on a desk surface.

The feeling on the desk seems a little less rough (maybe because it is brand new). Not that the might mouse was rougher than my Logitech at home.

It's a good mouse. Not heavy like some other BT mouse.

I will now test the lasting of the battery...

I just got 2 of them in today. I feel that the wireless mm tracks much smoother but i have to move it more to move it the same as the wireless one. Why can't apple have an extreme setting on tracking?
  • Reply 108 of 111
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

I just got 2 of them in today. I feel that the wireless mm tracks much smoother but i have to move it more to move it the same as the wireless one. Why can't apple have an extreme setting on tracking?

The Mac's stock range of mouse acceleration is IMO poor, at max, I think it is sluggish. I use USB Overdrive, it has several parameters to tune the speed to the way I like it. It works properly for the wired version, I don't know if it will fully work with the wireless version yet, it's worth a shot.
  • Reply 109 of 111
    swingswing Posts: 52member
    Quote:

Originally posted by meelash

Yeah, that's what I do now, but I think if I could get used to the drag and squeeze that would be awesomely efficient. As far as I can tell from "simulating" it on my non mighty mouse here, it all comes down to how hard it is to squeeze to get a click. At least theoretically, it's a cool idea.

This happened to me too with the regular Apple BT mouse. But I realized the problem was some of my AA batteries did not fit well and so were not making good contact. I then tested all of my rechargeable AAs and now use only the ones which fit best, and I no longer have this problem.

I ordered the BT Mighty Mouse and will be pleased if I like it as much as the regular Apple BT mouse.
  • Reply 110 of 111
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by meelash

What for? Did you see the discussion a few posts up about using the squeeze or a keyboard key instead?

World of Warcraft. I've been playing the game for over two years now. It's quite set-in-stone for me that (left click) = (rotate view) | (right click) = (rotate character) | (right + left click) = (rotate view + rotate character + run forward).

So that functionality is extremely important to me when considering a mouse purchase.

- Xidius
  • Reply 111 of 111
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Swing

This happened to me too with the regular Apple BT mouse. But I realized the problem was some of my AA batteries did not fit well and so were not making good contact. I then tested all of my rechargeable AAs and now use only the ones which fit best, and I no longer have this problem.

I ordered the BT Mighty Mouse and will be pleased if I like it as much as the regular Apple BT mouse.

FWIW, I loved my Apple BT mouse, and I love my BTMM even more. I still misclick now and then, but am getting used to it. Having the immediate right-click is more than worth the time spent adjusting.