What Mac are you currently using? upgrading soon?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

You would think they'd have a new typing game by now. I think most STILL use Mavis Beacon (I hated that bitch) and Mario.

Remember this?

2nd level...

"The American Revolution...blah blah blah blah blah...."

I think I can still type the words "American Revolution" faster than most can type their own name.

the system down here is too poor and stupied to buy a new typing app
  • Reply 62 of 64
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

I have an iBook 14" at 1.33 GHz, with 768 MB RAM running Tiger.

I'm hoping for a low-end or mid-end Mac Pro this month, but it depends on whether I get a TA job, and whether I can convince my parents to let me raid some savings to get it. I have a nice education fund with extra money to spare, and $2200 in savings beyond the $2400 I made this summer.

Ideal set-up: Quad-core Mac Pro (2.0 or 2.33 GHz) w/ 2-3 GB RAM, 2x250 GB HDD, 20" LCD (not ACD, too expensive), eyeTV EZ.

As I said above my Apple LCD looked awful out of the box, especially on photos. Getting the Display Calibrator fixed all that and gave me the sound colour footing I need, I have had no issues with clients regarding colour choices.

I suspect a cheaper display would have been fine as long as I profiled it. But I'm still secretly giddy that I have my Cinema Display.

I hadn't read this at the time, but these guys give an excellent monitor comparison. This one's a year old but very interesting and informative, and I gather these are still available but prices have plummeted drastically since a year ago. Check it out:

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/..._roundup_0605/
  • Reply 63 of 64
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I just bought a brand-new MacBook Pro 15.4 inch glossy screen model. I purchased the top of the line model with a 2.16 ghz Core Duo, an upgraded 100gb 7200 rpm drive, 1gb of ram, and 256mb of video ram.

Yeah, it's freakin' sweet.

And the glossy rules.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    no longer with windows fellas just purchased me self a mac pro it will be here on saturday