Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 321 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

looks like my dad fails at signing for FedEx packages, FUCK

Condolences, man. I left work early today just to sit here waiting for FedEx. My 23" ACD sat on my porch all day last saturday (unharmed, thankfully), but I wasn't gonna let THAT happen to this Mac Pro.
  • Reply 322 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think I'll be going a little later tonight though, but it's broken what was going to be the fun feeling of walking home to a Mac Pro.
  • Reply 323 of 403
    I just abstained from driving to the facility, I'll be getting it tomorrow. Cannot wait.
  • Reply 324 of 403
    FINALLY!

Sep 13, 2006 7:51 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

PORTLAND, ME

7:48 AM

At local FedEx facility

PORTLAND, ME

6:49 AM

At dest sort facility

PORTLAND, ME

3:53 AM

Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

12:50 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 12, 2006 6:58 PM

Left origin

FULLERTON, CA

2:12 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

1:56 PM

Picked up

FULLERTON, CA
  • Reply 325 of 403
    Mine finally "shipped" last night, although FedEx still doesn't have it in their system.
  • Reply 326 of 403
    I hope FedEx will be faster than Sameday Right-O-Way. Mine shipped tuesday(7) and the Sameday site still says "Your shipment has not arrived at a Sameday facility. Please refer to your shipper". I'm calling apple tonight. We are now the 13th... This is ridiculous
  • Reply 327 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    So far FedEx has not been impressive with delivery of my Mac Pro. Their online tracking system tends to be out of date by at least 6 hours and my delivery time has been pushed once already.

The revised estimate is today but I'm not that confident at this point and don't really expect to see the machine until Thursday. Of course the latest word from Fedex is:

Sep 12, 2006 \t 9:54 PM\t- Departed FedEx location - SACRAMENTO, CA

:/

FedEx, you're On Notice!
  • Reply 328 of 403
    DELIVERED

Now I just have to keep my sanity going through this study hall.
  • Reply 329 of 403
    Quote:

DELIVERED

Now I just have to keep my sanity going through this study hall.

Good for you... mother fucker !!!
  • Reply 330 of 403
    Wheee, fast computer. Glad I finally have it.

I'm having problems getting audio out through the speakers though. I plug them in and it keeps coming out through the internal.
  • Reply 331 of 403
    Quote:

I'm having problems getting audio out through the speakers though. I plug them in and it keeps coming out through the internal.

What do you mean?

I'm having problems with the video drivers in boot camp.. that's about it though.
  • Reply 332 of 403
    Quote:

Have you check the OUTPUT tab in the Sound Pref Panel?
  • Reply 333 of 403
    Haha, it was just that the audio device was Internal Speaker. With my old G5 I don't think that was even an option, it automatically switched.
  • Reply 334 of 403
    Well the box arrived today finally,

It funny cause I'm goinf Heli-hiking tomorrow for five days so I don't get to play with it till I get back.. here are the baby's first photos.

enjoy

flick.
  • Reply 335 of 403
    I'm really enjoying it, now to get Windows installed, Boot Camp won't let me use the disk I have but I'm sure that isn't an insurmountable problem.
  • Reply 336 of 403
    I got my RMA from Apple today. My Mac Pro gets boxed up and sent back tomorrow morning. I don't supppose they'll send the new one out FEDEX next day like I paid for the first one.
  • Reply 337 of 403
    I hope your shipment is brisk.
  • Reply 338 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Got my Mac Pro and will start setting it up in about 5 minutes. I'm a little concerned about blowing a fuse in the building with running both my G5 and Mac Pro on the same circuit but we'll see how it goes.

One weird thing was when I first put the power plug in the Mac Pro it started! At that point nothing else was attached and I had to shut the thing off. Auto power-up after power failure shouldn't be the default config from the factory, but maybe I'm special. Anyone else have this?
  • Reply 339 of 403
    Mine also started up when I first plugged it in.
  • Reply 340 of 403
    Pick-up \tWednesday, September 13, 2006

Exceptions \tPlease contact your Local Service Centre for assistance.

Estimated Delivery \tFriday, September 15, 2006

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!