Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 281 of 403
    Ordered 2 hours after announcement.

Inquired about others getting their systems before me in hopes of upgraded shipping--no dice.

Order has been uncancellable for at least 72 hours (that was the first time I checked).

Still waiting.

2.0GHz/ATI/AE/BT
  • Reply 282 of 403
    That bites. I don't think many of us who got the extra shipping downgraded the processor. It's funny, I almost hung up without the faster shipping, then the lady on the phone just sort of gave it to me out of the blue. But if your order is uncancellable for too long, you can't shipping upgraded, because it's already set up to ship, or in the box, or something. I was uncancellable for at least 2 days, maybe 3, before shipping.
  • Reply 283 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Yeah, I'm stuck with FW400. But I think I'm gonna reconfigure from scratch for this. I may wipe my iBook and go to Linux on it.

I think that's a good idea. The migration is finished and I'm having problems with some applications shutting down before they startup fully.
  • Reply 284 of 403
    I ordered at the end of the announcement- 2.66/1900xt/1gb ram/bt&ae/1x500gb -- have had "ship date" of 9/12 since order, received notice yesterday afternoon it has shipped.

Very stoked,

Robert

Bellingham, WA

ADDENDUM- Just checked FedEx tracking (ground)-- seems the computer shipped 9/8 and is due either 9/12 according to Apple or 9/13 according to FedEx.

Even more very stoked...

Robert
  • Reply 285 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'm getting mine tomorrow, unless something can be "at destination sort facility" (in this case, in NH and me in Massachusetts) and still deliver that night?
  • Reply 286 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scout7id

My Mac Pro is here. It's currently sucking down all my info from the G5 via Migration Assistant. I'm using the FW800 and it's going pretty quickly.

Damn good idea. I better run out and get a FW 800 cable. I was thinking to use my standard FW 400 cable but might as well use the faster port, duh!

Meanwhile, what's everyone's experiences with the Migration Assistant for PPC -> Intel? There was another thread about this and I've had good experiences so far, but that was with a friend's consumer level stuff and now I'm migrating my personal dev box. I think it'll be safer to do the migration by hand although it will require some extra effort. Thoughts?
  • Reply 287 of 403
    I will have mine at 6PM CST, because that's when the driver will be back at the sort facility. Bastard decided not to leave it at my house at 1:30PM, so I have to go pick it up now. I'll post pics and what not in the desk thread.

I've got a powerbook, but my main system I use is a windows based pc, so I won't be able to use Migration Assistant...
  • Reply 288 of 403
    Quote:

My Mac Pro is here. It's currently sucking down all my info from the G5 via Migration Assistant. I'm using the FW800 and it's going pretty quickly.

what video card did you order with your mac pro?
  • Reply 289 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mordak

what video card did you order with your mac pro?

I ordered the ATi 1900XT.

BTW, I've had it less than a day and I have to return it. When I went to open the side to put my RAID drives in it, I noticed that the back external frame (near the back foot) was bent away from the inner frame. If you can visualize that. I called AppleCare and they put me in touch with Sales Support and now I'm waiting on my FEDEX return labels.

FWIW, the Sales Support Rep told me that they are all caught up on back orders with the 1900XT and there will be no delay with me getting my replacement machine. So, hopefully all you guys that are waiting won't be waiting much longer.
  • Reply 290 of 403
    Ok mine is on its way!

ETA Wednesday, September 13, 2006

w/ ATI 1900XT

to bad I'm going heli hiking that night for five days..

well not to bad.. just going to be hard to enjoy the hike while my new computer sites here staring at my old one.

flick.
  • Reply 291 of 403
    Thanks, Scout! Still waiting! 5 weeks tomorrow!
  • Reply 292 of 403
    Mine is about 35 miles away right now and arrived at that location in the early morn, so I don't really get why it didn't go Out For Delivery today, seeing as I doubt there are closer distribution facilities and since it hasn't yet left NH for another distribution location...
  • Reply 293 of 403
    Seems most folks I know are getting new Macs this month, I'd love to see how many new intel macs have been sold since the intel switch VS. the switch to IBM in the same time period.

flick.
  • Reply 294 of 403
    Guys who've had theirs delivered by FedEx: what comes after "arrived at dest sort facility"? Is there an "out for delivery" or is that the last step?
  • Reply 295 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Guys who've had theirs delivered by FedEx: what comes after "arrived at dest sort facility"? Is there an "out for delivery" or is that the last step?

Yep. That's it.

Sep 11, 2006 \t 9:26 AM\t

Delivered \t

Diamondhead, MS \t

\t

\t 7:22 AM\t

On FedEx vehicle for delivery \t

GULFPORT, MS \t

\t

\t 7:15 AM\t

At local FedEx facility \t

GULFPORT, MS \t

\t

\t 1:31 AM\t

At dest sort facility \t

MOBILE, AL
  • Reply 296 of 403
    Ah cool, so there's a local after dest. Thanks. Won't be able to get to sleep tonight! I'm assuming since they arrived early this morning it'll be shipping again late tonight.

Was there a day between the 1:31 and 7:15?
  • Reply 297 of 403
    Quote:

Ah cool, so there's a local after dest. Thanks. Won't be able to get to sleep tonight! I'm assuming since they arrived early this morning it'll be shipping again late tonight.

Was there a day between the 1:31 and 7:15?

No. That was 1:31 this a.m. And sometimes I get deliveries that come straight from Mobile without going to the local. I think you'll be seeing yours bright and early tomorrow.
  • Reply 298 of 403
    Was yours 2-day or Overnight? I'm 2-day which means afternoon.
  • Reply 299 of 403
    Quote:

Was yours 2-day or Overnight? I'm 2-day which means afternoon.

Mine was overnight.
  • Reply 300 of 403
    Quote:

Mine was overnight.

FedEx has two next-day services -- true "overnight" delivers by 10:30 am the next day, and "next business day" (which Apple calls 'standard overnight') is by close of business the next day. The Apple rep I talked to today said that standard overnight could even lap over to the following business day.