Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 101 of 403
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    LOL...

your excitement exceeds your wit.. damn apple and their sexeh towers
  • Reply 102 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I wish I knew what was going on at Apple... whether they have a single one of these cards working yet...
  • Reply 103 of 403
    The representative I called said that the earliest they're anticipating X1900 XT shipments is the 30th.
  • Reply 104 of 403
    doh ....

at least you called someone.. \
  • Reply 105 of 403
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

The representative I called said that the earliest they're anticipating X1900 XT shipments is the 30th.

August or September?
  • Reply 106 of 403
    August thank god.

They also said they'll be shipping them in priority sequence by who ordered first.
  • Reply 107 of 403
    I was curious if anyone has seen yet whether existing BT modules can be dropped into the slot if you order a Mac Pro without it?

I'd much rather have the faster-gratification of within 24 hours shipping than 4 days later plus ship time
  • Reply 108 of 403
    I think it's something soldered on or otherwise unavailable for after-purchase addition.

NEWS FLASH: some sugared-up Mac kid on the Macrumors forums thinks that Apple is going to surprise-announce that Apple will be shipping the X1950 XT, which comes out in a week or two, instead of the X1900 XT and that is the cause of the delay.
  • Reply 109 of 403
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

I think it's something soldered on or otherwise unavailable for after-purchase addition.

NEWS FLASH: some sugared-up Mac kid on the Macrumors forums thinks that Apple is going to surprise-announce that Apple will be shipping the X1950 XT, which comes out in a week or two, instead of the X1900 XT and that is the cause of the delay.

Any basis for this, or is it just "insider info"?
  • Reply 110 of 403
    Quote:

i highly doubt that. i dont think ATI has even released that product yet. actually it was pushed out to 14th September... i think its a completely false rumor. the x1900 XT and nvidia card are all the high end options necessary.
  • Reply 111 of 403
    Yeah, I overall think it won't happen either, but:

-The 14th pushback is wholly artificial, created by ATI to clear inventory. They've been producing the cards for weeks.

-Apple has done impromptu speedbumps before, see the Macbook Pro.

-While Apple has often been a generation or two behind in its graphics chips, how much would it suck to, the day it arrives on your doorstep, know that just that day, ATI has released the successor to that card, at the same pricepoint you paid for your card?
  • Reply 112 of 403
    Oh found an answer to the BT DIY install from surfing around. How timely since it just went up yesterday:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/M....html#storytop
  • Reply 113 of 403
    Quote:

-Apple has done impromptu speedbumps before, see the Macbook Pro.

-While Apple has often been a generation or two behind in its graphics chips, how much would it suck to, the day it arrives on your doorstep, know that just that day, ATI has released the successor to that card, at the same pricepoint you paid for your card?

youre a bastard just for suggesting that
  • Reply 114 of 403
    Dude - don't say that, because now if I get an x1900xt, I'll be slightly sad...

Yeah - I've got Airport, Bluetooth, a smaller harddrive, and the x1900xt. And I ordered a week and a half late. I won't see it forever.
  • Reply 115 of 403
    As much as this is incredibly wishful thinking, it does make a whole lot of sense in regards to the timing.
  • Reply 116 of 403
    Oh, my RAM works.

I've got to say, Mac OS X is pretty. Very, very pretty. And un-clunky, un-cumbersome, and un-bureacratic. Organizing the widgets and stuff takes up most of my day (jk).

Unfortunately, it doesn't have airport, so when ever I use the internet I have to switch computers (and change the monitor to the pc, like now).

At first I felt like I was a little worried I had made the wrong decision in getting a mac...now that I know how it works....man, it's pretty sweet.

Thank jesus they made the mouse have two main buttons. One button would have annoyed me.

Also, how do I import my playlists to iTunes from windows media player? Is it possible? It's kind of irritating that I have to play songs from the entire library instead of 10-12 song playlists.
  • Reply 117 of 403
    Does the PC have ethernet? If you have a spare cable around, you could somehow share it from the PC to the Mac Pro.
  • Reply 118 of 403
    Yes, that's how I transferred my music collection over. (I used a different monitor.)

Unfortunately, I can't play just one album/folder and make it a playlist.
  • Reply 119 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SwitchingSoon

Yes, that's how I transferred my music collection over. (I used a different monitor.)

Unfortunately, I can't play just one album/folder and make it a playlist.

Yes you can, I'm pretty new in itunes too so I don't now if this is the best way to do it, I'm also using windows, don't have my MP yet...

1. Create a new playlist (Left side at the bottom) an give it a name

2. Select the album-tracks you want and drag them into the playlist (works best if you order by artist/album)

3. Klick on your playlist

Hope this helps!
  • Reply 120 of 403
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

Yes you can, I'm pretty new in itunes too so I don't now if this is the best way to do it, I'm also using windows, don't have my MP yet...

1. Create a new playlist (Left side at the bottom) an give it a name

2. Select the album-tracks you want and drag them into the playlist (works best if you order by artist/album)

3. Klick on your playlist

Hope this helps!

You can just do steps number 2-3. But I'm not sure if this is the original question. I think he wants to IMPORT his playlists from Windows.