Poll On Mid Range Mac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JCG

A poll to find out potential market share growth would not be accurate on this forum because it is a Mac Centric forum and the majority of the people here already have Macs. Those who don't are probably already looking at purchasing one of the available models. To get a good indication of potential market share growth you would probably need to go to a more PC Centric or neutral tech forum to pole for potential switchers. If you were going to do this you would want to ask slightly different questions, such as if Apple were to offer a Mini tower would you be more or less likely to choose a Mac for your next purchase.

I understand that...that's why I said "this forum". The creation of neutral polls takes a bit of work...and presumably Apple is doing some kind of periodic market survey. The other issue is what demographic does Apple consider to important when trying to capture switchers. These may or may not frequent tech forums PC or otherwise.

But the poll results are humorous in the context of the 60 bazillion posts in the other thread.

Vinea
  • Reply 22 of 23
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea

I understand that...that's why I said "this forum". The creation of neutral polls takes a bit of work...and presumably Apple is doing some kind of periodic market survey. The other issue is what demographic does Apple consider to important when trying to capture switchers. These may or may not frequent tech forums PC or otherwise.

But the poll results are humorous in the context of the 60 bazillion posts in the other thread.

Vinea

The results are interesting in the context of the 60 bazillion posts in the other thread.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea

Vinea

I don't know, there are about 50% of the people posting for and against headless desktop Macs in the various threads, maybe a little more weighted toward for than against. This is about what the results of this poll.