What was your first Mac?

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    Technically if were going by apples being macs then my first was an apple ][c. man that thing could play aliens vs predator like nobodies business
  • Reply 82 of 83
    In 1989 I got my first Mac, a Mac Plus. I bought it second hand for $1250 and I only kept it for a month, then sold it for a profit of $50. Then I used the money to buy a brand new Mac SE for about $2400.

I knew they was little difference in speed, but that I could upgrade this machine to a SE/30 in the future, when I could afford it, and add an external colour (!!) monitor.

With Connectix MODE32, I had 32-bit addressing (Whoohooo!!) a few months later.

I did all that upgrading a couple years later, and I loved that machine for many years. I still think of it as the best Mac I ever had.
  • Reply 83 of 83
    I used a bunch of Macs as a kid, including the pre-Mac Apple II and eventually the Mac. However, I never owned them; they belonged either to my school or my older brother.

I continued to touch Macs often through work, though never as my primary system, including several G3 towers and a Cube.

Then, OSX and the magic of Jaguar. I got a 12" Powerbook G4 867Mhz as my dedicated work laptop, and such began the last few years of obsession. I still own the 12", it's a great sit-on-the-coffee-table and use for browsing device.

Macs owned since:

PowerBook 12" G4 867Mhz

iBook 14" G3

Pismo Powerbook (found it at work, and used it at home for a while for basic web browsing)

iMac 17" 1Ghz (Still have it)

PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8

PowerBook 15" G4 1.25Ghz

Mac Mini G4 1.25Ghz (x2; bought, sold on eBay, bought again, sold again) wish it were MacTV

PowerBook 15" Intel Core Duo 1.8

PowerBook 17" Intel Core Duo 2Ghz (My current most used machine).

Mac Mini Intel Core Duo 1.6

Plus every iPod model released (currently a 60GB black iPod with video)

Every OS release

Every iLife release

Production Suite (Final Cut HD)

Multiple Mighty mice

iWork (LOVE IT!)

I have a problem.