What is this?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Sup guys..

I am XGhozt, owner of purgehosting.com (amoung others) hosting around 25 websites. I am accually a Windows User, but in this case I need some help from anyone willing. My brothers goes to a high school (he is a sophmore) where they hand out laptops to all the students there. Well, before I was kicked out for hacking thiere shit, I mastered macintosh in 2 years. Well, they updated their system, and there are a few new things.

I was still able to get past the "student" restrictions and then made the student user an admin, bleh bleh.. Anyways, I was uplaoding my old software for him, and I realized half of them are not updated! So, Im running the ones that I have and seeing if they are checking for updates blah blah..

Well anyways, one of them "Butler" was not starting correctly. I mean This folder of mine with my old crap in it had like 500 applications in there. All them started "ok" but butler. OK, so the computer froze now, and then it unfroze (lol) and the butler "loading" is still there, and I cant close it. SO I say what the hell "Force Restart". I hear the chime.

Next thing I know tis booting up fine and then the screeen is all fucked up. Its like orange and shit. This is an Apple iBook G3 I think.. They give G4's but he got stuck with a old lappy. Well, I remember with the school that this always happends, its just they stupid screen that get fucked up becuase of student abuse. Then I clsoe the lid and there is a orange spot on the top, I dunno this has nothing to do with it, but its funning seeing this.

So, when I open the lid its fine now. So, Its just loading and loading and then my brother is "restart it" becuase sometimes when the hardware does that it frezz's up. Ok, so I rebooted it again. Now when it boots it does not have that annoying spinning circle, and it goes to a black screen with white text. Well, owning a linux server I reconnized this. So I figured it might have been one of thiose outdated programs. So I cd'd to the directorys and deleted it all and even the user pref's files for those apps and I made a tar of the folder that if it wasnt this I coudl jsut undo my deleteings.

Next thing I did was undo my edits on the boot shit, I edit the connections preferences..

Code:

sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.recvspace=65536

sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.sendspace=65536

sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0

On the /etc/rc file.

I rebooted and it happened again. So I googled for about 3 hours and I could not find anything really relating to what I was looking at. But I found a topic on this site, and it was related to something else, but it looekd lieky ou guys might know what this is.

I also have a video of this I made, its a lil blury but you can get a visualization. Also, can someone tell me what the hell apple calls this black screen with white text. Kernel or something.. I dunno It looks like ssh to me.

Here is the video: http://www.purgehosting.com/mac/mac.avi

a) Boot

b) Load apple

c) loads "ssh" ?

d) I typed "ls" to show the files where still intact.

Any ideas? Please dont leave me hanging becuase its too much reading.. At least tell me if your not going to try, Iv got till monday or they will re-image this laptop, so ill post somewhere else if your not going to help me.

Thanks!

~XGhozt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 49
    Who ever said it was a good idea to give every student a computer needs to read this post.

For the love of.... are you on a work-release program out of hacker jail?
  • Reply 2 of 49
    Im 16, and I was on probation, but nothing serious. I dont go to that school anymore, like I said, they made me admin on campuse there, so I learned more. Apple offered me a job as well, but I didnt have the grades for it.

Anyways, anyone seen anything like this before or what.
  • Reply 3 of 49
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Between all the gibberish of text, I'm still trying to figure out what your actual question is. I watched the video, and all I see is a Mac booting into console mode, as root.
  • Reply 4 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Between all the gibberish of text, I'm still trying to figure out what your actual question is. I watched the video, and all I see is a Mac booting into console mode, as root.

Yeah, thats the problem, I cant get it to not boot into console mode.
  • Reply 5 of 49
    "This is an Apple iBook G3 I think.. They give G4's but he got stuck with a old lappy. Well, I remember with the school that this always happends, its just they stupid screen that get fucked up becuase of student abuse. Then I clsoe the lid and there is a orange spot on the top, I dunno this has nothing to do with it, but its funning seeing this."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XGhozt

Do you own a copy of OSX? I think (in my uninformed, completely shooting from the hip way) you need to startup from the install disc... and stop hacking. And concentrate on basic English skills... not skillz. \
  • Reply 6 of 49
    Quote:

Maybe loginwindow crashes? Anything in the logs?
  • Reply 7 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Do you own a copy of OSX? I think (in my uninformed, completely shooting from the hip way) you need to startup from the install disc... and stop hacking.

I am pretty sure that my hacking did not do this. As I have done it many times, and this has never happened before. If gone as far as editing the boot screen and all of that shit, and yet again, this did not happen in the past.

I do not own a cd, I know that would have fixed it, this is the reason I come to here asking for help. Boot sequence is obviously fuxored. \
  • Reply 8 of 49
    Can't help you in that case, sorry. Good luck... and leave the l33t-speak out next time, man. It's like trying to talk to R2-D2.
  • Reply 9 of 49
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    You hosed the GUI startup stuff.

And since this is basically tech support for bypassing the school's configuration of computers that belong to the school, not the student, I am not going to allow any replies of that nature. If people want to PM him with suggestions, go ahead. I will keep the thread open in case people want to discuss "general issues of Mac OS X", and chastise him for screwing up.
  • Reply 10 of 49
    Quote:

Can't help you in that case, sorry. Good luck... and leave the l33t-speak out next time, man. It's like trying to talk to R2-D2.

Im not typeing in numbers my friend.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy

You hosed the GUI startup stuff.

And since this is basically tech support for bypassing the school's configuration of computers that belong to the school, not the student, I am not going to allow any replies of that nature. If people want to PM him with suggestions, go ahead. I will keep the thread open in case people want to discuss "general issues of Mac OS X", and chastise him for screwing up.

This does not really have anything to do with hacking the schools laptop. Mabey you should read the entire post before you reply. THe laptop was already hacked and working fine. When I was updating programs the computer frose. I rebooted it and the screen started flickering, thats useually when the lcd gets lose or something, and then it froze again and we rebooted it. Now when it starts it boots into consol mode, I just need to make it boot regularly.

It might have been something to do with a program not built for panther or whatever it is.. I had the older version this one was 10.4 I was 10.2 or something when i used the programs..

Do you understand now? I was just giving details, the hacking part is jsut running the applesetup and createing an admin user, etc.. Really has nothing to do with console mode, you need safemode for that.

Now please, help me.
  • Reply 11 of 49
    Uh, are you sure this isn't the good ol' iBook G3 logic board problem, then?
  • Reply 12 of 49
    Quote:

Im not typeing in numbers my friend.

This does not really have anything to do with hacking the schools laptop. Mabey you should read the entire post before you reply. THe laptop was already hacked and working fine. When I was updating programs the computer frose. I rebooted it and the screen started flickering, thats useually when the lcd gets lose or something, and then it froze again and we rebooted it. Now when it starts it boots into consol mode, I just need to make it boot regularly.

It might have been something to do with a program not built for panther or whatever it is.. I had the older version this one was 10.4 I was 10.2 or something when i used the programs..

Do you understand now? I was just giving details, the hacking part is jsut running the applesetup and createing an admin user, etc.. Really has nothing to do with console mode, you need safemode for that.

Now please, help me.

Have you opened the computer to see if all of the parts are still in it?
  • Reply 13 of 49
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Well since you are a "master" of the macintosh(sic) and hacked "thiere" (sic) shit:

Quote:

<snip>

I was still able to get past the "student" restrictions and then made the student user an admin, bleh bleh.. Anyways, I was uplaoding my old software for him, and I realized half of them are not updated! So, Im running the ones that I have and seeing if they are checking for updates blah blah..

</snip>

Thanks!

~XGhozt

Despite the fact you now say you it was already hacked:

Quote:

<snip>This does not really have anything to do with hacking the schools laptop. Mabey you should read the entire post before you reply. THe laptop was already hacked and working fine.

</snip>

Maybe the master is little more than a poseur??? Face it you hacked the box and borked it up, just not something that manifested itself immediately. I can think of three things that you could have hosed and I'm not going to give you the time of day on any of them because: A) You are disrespectful of other people's policies and things; B) You have not paid enough attention in school to have a clue how to communicate and C) It's not your or your friend's laptop.

Now, figure out how to wipe your little pirate library before you get your friend kicked out for hacking too. OOOHHH! Hadn't you though of that? Before the school admins re-image it they will probably look at it booted off the CD/DVD, then gig is up.
  • Reply 14 of 49
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

This does not really have anything to do with hacking the schools laptop.

Oh yes it does. You are asking for help to fix something that you screwed up trying to bypass the school's required setup.

Quote:

Mabey (sic) you should read the entire post before you reply.

"Mabey" you shouldn't say you were "able to bypass the student stuff" (everybody knows how to do that, BTW -- you're no genius on that)

Is that the part of the "entire post" that I should have read?

Strike 2.
  • Reply 15 of 49
    .... Omfg, I was really hopeing it wasnt going to turn into a flame fest.

After breaking the firmware by rebooting with some ram taken out.

Typing this:

sbin/fsck -y

sbin/mount -uaw

rm /var/db/.applesetupdone

reboot

In single user mode, will NOT make it do this. It also will not make the screen flicker, and it will also not change the boot sequence. The rest of the "hacking" I did was all done on the macintosh interface. Mac is so fucking layed back it only takes 10 min. To get admin on it.

Now, back to topic. It was a program that I had loaded that did something, or it was hardware that fixed itself, I dont know. But the screen is working fine now, its just not booting properly.

Quote:

Uh, are you sure this isn't the good ol' iBook G3 logic board problem, then?

It might be, but Iv never been able to fix that on my own without another macintosh.

Quote:

Have you opened the computer to see if all of the parts are still in it?

Very Funny.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro

Well since you are a "master" of the macintosh(sic) and hacked "thiere" (sic) shit..

I said I mastered the mactintosh in 2 years, ask me anything and I could answer it. Now that they updated and I am a senior in high school. I dont know alot about the newer version. For example they moved the files around in the user folder, and some system files have been renamed, so my apple scripts wont/dont work properly

Despite the fact you now say you it was already hacked!

Yeah, It was I was trying to avoid all this confrontation and just get to the point.

Maybe the master is little more than a poseur??? Face it you hacked the box and borked it up, just not something that manifested itself immediately. I can think of three things that you could have hosed and I'm not going to give you the time of day on any of them because: A) You are disrespectful of other people's policies and things; B) You have not paid enough attention in school to have a clue how to communicate and C) It's not your or your friend's laptop.

I really have no reason to lie over the internet, thats just pathetic. It might have been fucked up before I loaded anything up, I never rebooted the lappy. My brother gave it to me when it was sleeping to hack/mod for him. I would never by a mac you bastard, look at my windows desktop.

Desktop

That was only a few days ago, and thats Windows XP with all of the best from vista and the mac. Took a long time to get it to work perfectly, but its pwnage. Macintosh is a toy with all its shitty blinking lights and bouncing icons. Windows is a untility with added and useless effects. And Linux is a true internerface, but I prefer windows Xp becuase of its functionality and compatability with other applications.

Now, figure out how to wipe your little pirate library before you get your friend kicked out for hacking too. OOOHHH! Hadn't you though of that? Before the school admins re-image it they will probably look at it booted off the CD/DVD, then gig is up.

My brother will not get kicked out of the school, what I did was way more safisticated then hacking a laptop, lmfao. I will make sure all traces of me are gone, and becuase hes my brother, im sure they already know his laptop is/will be hacked eventually. I do it every year for all my friends, and even though I moved away, everyone knows my name. Dont talk shit, please.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy

Oh yes it does. You are asking for help to fix something that you screwed up trying to bypass the school's required setup.

It was bypassed before and it was working fine, becuase you need to reboot to hack it in the first place, so if that was the case then it would have frozen, and its not even getting that far.

"Mabey" you shouldn't say you were "able to bypass the student stuff" (everybody knows how to do that, BTW -- you're no genius on that)

Is that the part of the "entire post" that I should have read?

No, did you read the other post explinging the seqence of events that happened before I reached the console mode? Good. Any ideas on how to fix it? I never said I was "great" for hacking a macintosh, becuase I know that its nothing. I own a fucking webserver and there are several hacking sites on it. Im real, and so is this problem Im having, I learn as I go, and I never had to use consol mod on a macintosh before. Lots of commands I know are very different. And becuase of the new macintosh updates, I dont know the system as well as I did. And Im not sure how to get it out of console mode.

I really ddint think it would take you guys this long to come to an answer.

Whew.. Stop freaking out over the hacking thing, its not a big deal, and it might have had a effect on this, but its really not the issue at hand. I have removed all of the edits that my imported applications have done, and tar'ed the files for backup. I check the logs for edits files and deleted them. I rebooted and it jsut went faster.. (lol) But still laoded console mode.

So, I ask again. Any ideas?
  • Reply 16 of 49
    Quote:

I said I mastered the mactintosh in 2 years, ask me anything and I could answer it.

And yet you come here with such a funny thread!
  • Reply 17 of 49
    Quote:

And yet you come here with such a funny thread!

Did you read the rest of it? Or is that as far as your brain can read/handle? They updated, so I dont know a bunch of stuff about it now..

I used google and found my old macintosh desktop.

http://images.google.com/images?q=xg...=Search+Images

That iamge and threads are about 1 or 2 years old. When I first started hacking and modding and all that "crap".

I own purgehosting.com, ghoztcraft.net, CaspersCloset (IPonly)

and I host bwhacks.com and several others. Im not a "noob" anymore.

It wont laod so dont bother clicking it, although I know you will anyways. The dock is ontop the icons are changed, ther are widgets before they where invented to be built in to the mac, and that has a different mouse and the boot screen is different the backround on the login screen is different. That is the school laptop, and it comes as student bleh bleh, I did the same thing on that laptop that I do to all of them.

• Reply 18 of 49
    After reading all of this and witnessing your terrible grammar and spelling, I recommend you going back and checking all of your commands that you entered in those back up logs you created. No doubt there are several errors in there.
  • Reply 19 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

After reading all of this and witnessing your terrible grammar and spelling, I recommend you going back and checking all of your commands that you entered in those back up logs you created. No doubt there are several errors in there.

I did that. I ddint mess up. I know there are ltos fo spelling and shit all ove rmy posts, I dont find it worth it to perfect my post. I figure, it you cant understand it, you dont deserve to be on the internet, as these are known as "typos" and "the lazy finder"...
  • Reply 20 of 49
    Quote:

I did that. I ddint mess up. I know there are ltos fo spelling and shit all ove rmy posts, I dont find it worth it to perfect my post. I figure, it you cant understand it, you dont deserve to be on the internet, as these are known as "typos" and "the lazy finder"...

No wonder you aren't getting any help. If you make it a point to make errors no one will understand you. I would think that if you were as great at hacking and such as you say you would know your way around a keyboard and be able to type in a quick, clear, and efficient manner. Clearly that isn't true.