What is your desktop?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 68
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldCodger73

The desktop thread used to be very active, with one person in particular posting new desktops every four or five days. However, the power-that-be decided that some of the desktops and those you could access on his website would offend forum members and came down hard on what you could show here. The thread then essentially died.

Going off-topic here, I've never bothered to get around to choosing a photo hosting site. To me, .Mac doesn't justify the $99.00, plus in the past I had a bad experience with a free 30 day account that came with a new computer-- it highjacked my internet connection, which caused major problems with my email.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a free or reasonably priced photo hosting site that is reliable? I would want it mainly to post pictures on this site, a few camera forums, plus share family photos with my relatives.

For whatever reason I haven't been able to link to it from this site, but I have been using picasaweb from google. With the free iPhoto plugin, it makes the creation of online albums super easy from right within iLife. For stuff to put on this site, I use imageshack.
  • Reply 22 of 68
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Well, Spline, my only advice to you is get a mexican chick, like me. You'll never have to worry about eating shit food ever again...

P.S. Don't marry them though, they expect too much...

Expect to much... in? ... bed?
  • Reply 23 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

Expect to much... in? ... bed?

Actually, now that I think about it, yeah...
  • Reply 24 of 68
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    It's too bad we lost the old thread...

• Reply 25 of 68

photo page

Screenshot of desktop of MacBook Pro. Original size 1440x900px. The original photo is from Wikipedia's "New York City" page and is a view of the city at dusk from the top of the Rockefeller Center. I modified it using Photoshop with the "Deep Emerald" photo filter to 100%.

I also have a version with London's Piccadilly Circus. At some point, I'll borrow the good camera from home and take my own NYC skyline photo. The camera I have with me just isn't up to it.
  • Reply 26 of 68
    here is what I stare at all day...

flick.
  • Reply 27 of 68
    keotkeot Posts: 116member

Took this photograph while running around London with my University's Photo Society last year. Found a random building and placed my point and click camera against it. This has been my wallpaper on and off since then.
  • Reply 28 of 68
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I ger mine from here.

http://www.mandolux.com/
  • Reply 29 of 68
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member

Current, plain ...
  • Reply 30 of 68
    Neat Thread ! ! Thanks !
  • Reply 31 of 68
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Keep them coming!!
  • Reply 32 of 68
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Giaguara - how did you get your terminal window to look like that? Mine are just white.
  • Reply 33 of 68
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978

Giaguara - how did you get your terminal window to look like that? Mine are just white.

Terminal, Window Settings, Color. You can specify foreground and background colors, as well as opacity.
  • Reply 34 of 68
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Tonton, I'm afraid you'll just have to provide a link to that desktop pic.
  • Reply 35 of 68
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Giaguara

Current, plain ...

Holy Crap.

I haven't seen you around here in years.

How's bunge?
  • Reply 36 of 68
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member

That's a screenshot of my desktop with no apps open.
  • Reply 37 of 68
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    shawnj and kishan, can I get those pictures from you? What res are they, and they look great btw. Kishan, I would love that chicago picture, it looks fantastic!

and ShawnJ, those leaves look amazing.

if you could pm me what a link to a site or a way I could get them, that would be sweet!
  • Reply 38 of 68
    tonton

How do you get rid of the white strip behind the dock?
  • Reply 39 of 68
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aiolos

shawnj and kishan, can I get those pictures from you? What res are they, and they look great btw. Kishan, I would love that chicago picture, it looks fantastic!

and ShawnJ, those leaves look amazing.

if you could pm me what a link to a site or a way I could get them, that would be sweet!

Sure-- they're all 6 mp images-- so just PM your email address and I'll send them.
  • Reply 40 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedDel

tonton

How do you get rid of the white strip behind the dock?

RedDel,

you can try this:

Click Me I'm a link!

flick.