Apple cell phone is real and ready for production - analyst

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

I'd take it as aegisdesign really hates your ass.

sunilraman, you are the funniest appleinsider member i read in this forums. LOL
  • Reply 142 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

Well, I don't hate his.

I don't have an ass. I'm British.
  • Reply 143 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

sunilraman, you are the funniest appleinsider member i read in this forums. LOL

Well, I'm happy I have my fans. But there are the haters out there
  • Reply 144 of 160
    TUAW: NO FRACKING iPhone peoples...!! http://www.tuaw.com/2006/09/11/apple...e-media-event/

Oh, and get this. TubePort. Told you AirMovies would have sounded way way better.

AND MELGROSS: Read the TUAW article especially the bit of how it connects to your standard def or HDTV...... Told you so... nah na na na na nah, na na na na nah nah.

My 854x480p guess may still be on the mark, but apparently there will be iPod rez and Higher Density rez. Makes sense. This offers a higher resolution than 854x480p (hopefully) while delivering something like 640x360 16:9 native widescreen on the new widescreen iPod video with virtual *no touch...heh* (touchscreen) scrollwheel. MMM... they better have their chemical-materials engineers in the bag with the ultra-scratch and greasy-fingerprint-resistant screens...!

MM... iPod Nano metal. Let's have a recap of what this might look like (images below):

• Reply 145 of 160
    Actually Melgross, apologies, the TUAW report on TubePort does not show composite- or s-video outputs. Hmmmmmm WTF
  • Reply 146 of 160
    No iPod Phone, the iPod Widescreen on the right of this image is closest to what I think it will be.

I just had a conversation with my mum and she was quite brilliant, touchscreen scrollwheel will be towards the right or on the left for right-handers or left-handers. because it is widescreen scrollwheel should not be in the center. pull out your wallet and imagine it is the ipod video widescreen.... note where your thumb is

• Reply 147 of 160
    It still may be possible iPhone is one more thing... closely guarded secret. Apple may have leaked the agenda with the iPhone left out so they can spring it on us unsuspecting peoples.
  • Reply 148 of 160
    Showtime.

• Reply 149 of 160
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Actually Melgross, apologies, the TUAW report on TubePort does not show composite- or s-video outputs. Hmmmmmm WTF

Told you...nah, I won't stoop to that.

By the way, even though you got me doing it as well, it's 852 x 480.
  • Reply 150 of 160
    NO iPHONE...!!
  • Reply 151 of 160
    iTV (formerly referred to by me as TubePort/ AirMovies) has only component video and HDMI , possibly DVI outputs. No S-Video or Composite out, from the looks of it.
  • Reply 152 of 160
    Quote:

NO iPHONE...!!

What are you doing up at this time?
  • Reply 153 of 160
    I got up at 3:am to follow the drip feed of news. Frack me, it's 4:30am now... ! Waiting for iTunes7 to download, I'll check that out, then go back to sleep. The new iPod nano and shuffle does nothing for me. Good, I'll save my birthday present from my brother for something like another 6600GT nVidia to SLI my rig and maybe another 512mb x 2 to bring my RAM to 2GB on the rig. Sweeeet...
  • Reply 154 of 160
    Quote:

iTV (formerly referred to by me as TubePort/ AirMovies) has only component video and HDMI , possibly DVI outputs. No S-Video or Composite out, from the looks of it.

Now, does it have DRM? No mention of that. If it does, then HD should play over it, assuming the bandwidth of the WiFi is up to it. Otherwise the Ethernet should work. But what speed is that? 100Mbs? That's what I would assume, though I rather it is 1Gbs.
  • Reply 155 of 160
    Maybe some upgrades of my heatsinkfans:

• Reply 156 of 160
    Quote:

Maybe some upgrades of my heatsinkfans:

You're suggesting that it would need those?
  • Reply 157 of 160
    Agree with that, people are really crazy for Apple iPhone.
  • Reply 158 of 160
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Did the iPhone thingy come out?
  • Reply 159 of 160
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRC View Post

Did the iPhone thingy come out?

No, at least I don't see it.
  • Reply 160 of 160
    I don't know why this thread from three years ago was suddenly revived, but it does make for instructive reading. How many were even remotely close to guessing what Apple would deliver in 2006?