Does everyone here use Photoshop?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    I am using Photoshop 7.

The "T" key is a good place to start...
  • Reply 22 of 41
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    i'm using photoshop at work since allmost ten years - tried other apps - but never found something that could replace ps.

but lets face it:

i depends on what kind of work your up to.

i use it for colorcorrection, retouche, design and webdesign and am happy.

btw: i think ps 7 is great!
  • Reply 23 of 41
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Photoshop Elements 2 is a good low cost alternative. Its coming out in a couple of weeks and is available for preorder from the Adobe website. It seems to contain everything a non professional would need. The only things it seems to be lacking compared with Photoshop are the ability to perform colour separations for repo house reproduction, scripting to automate the work flow etc, hardly things a non professional would need anyway.
  • Reply 24 of 41
    fawkesfawkes Posts: 80member
    I do a great deal of digital photography, and have found PhotoShop to be indespensible. However, I have <a href="http://www.caffeinesoft.com/"; target="_blank">PixelNHance</a> as my default editor in iPhoto because it does just about everything I need for basic color-correction and histogram editing. It is a marvelous piece of freeware. I only launch PhotoShop for serious editing and retouching.
  • Reply 25 of 41
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    People would be less likely to pirate Photoshop if Adobe didn't charge like $500 for a copy. If you're just a single user I think that's ridiculous, as is the price of most software out there today.
  • Reply 26 of 41
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I will try Adobe Elements.
  • Reply 27 of 41
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>People would be less likely to pirate Photoshop if Adobe didn't charge like $500 for a copy. If you're just a single user I think that's ridiculous, as is the price of most software out there today.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You definitely don't know how powerful Photoshop is. Saying something like this just show how little you know about photoshop

BTW, don't forget about the student's price. It's around $300

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: The Betts Boy ]</p>
  • Reply 28 of 41
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    I use it several times a week for my own personal projects; it is well worth its price.
  • Reply 29 of 41
    You're right. I'm only just starting to use it.

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: TigerWoods99 ]</p>
  • Reply 30 of 41
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by The Betts Boy:

<strong>TW, don't forget about the student's price. It's around $300</strong><hr></blockquote>

Or buy a scanner with PS bundled....if you are not a student
  • Reply 31 of 41
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Of course that begs the question, which scanner bundles Mac PS? I have two scanners and I think neither are compatible with Mac.
  • Reply 32 of 41
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>Off the top of my head...

Stone Design's <a href="http://www.stone.com/Create/Create.html"; target="_blank">Create</a> (Timed shareware, $149)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Minor correction: Create is a great application, but it's not really an image/bitmap editor. It does illustration (vector graphics), web and print layout. They recommend TIFFany and would rather not compete with it.
  • Reply 33 of 41
    idogcowidogcow Posts: 111member
    Bah, PS nuthin' Real geeks use the Gimp

PS is much better than the Gimp I'll admit, but the Gimp is free if you can get it working Check out my guide <a href="http://macteens.com/news/news.php?id=1279452897"; target="_blank">here</a>
  • Reply 34 of 41
    Why would I pay for the student version when it's on my computer for free?
  • Reply 35 of 41
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member

<strong>Why would I pay for the student version when it's on my computer for free? </strong><hr></blockquote>

We aren't talking piracy
  • Reply 36 of 41
    It's not pirated. Legal buddy.
  • Reply 37 of 41
    jaskejaske Posts: 73member

<strong>It's not pirated. Legal buddy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sure. . . by the way, ever post that shot of your machine? And maybe you can post that legal copy of Photoshop running in a desktop thread.
  • Reply 38 of 41
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    I just bought Photoshop Elements 2.0, which is OS X native yesterday at the Short Hills, NJ Apple store. It was my first Apple store and I was very impressed! They had the new iMacs, running 10.2, and eMacs. Every unit had PS 7.0 and Office. Anyway PS Elements is really a good program and can do anything a non-pro would need.

Chris
  • Reply 39 of 41
    No problem jaske. It's comin up shortly.

(It's nice to be loved here!)
  • Reply 40 of 41
    I'm not on PS 7 yet. Leonis said I was behind the times.

He was right!

So I'll be buying soon!!!

Drool.

Lemon Bon Bon

Photoshop is the perfect lady. Well supported, does everything you want in many different ways...

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Lemon Bon Bon ]</p>