Originally Posted by melgross

He doesn't have a thumb.

Surely he must have a thumb but perhaps not an opposable one
  • Reply 63 of 81
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bikerdude

Some people are all thumbs, but Sunil...well.
  • Reply 64 of 81
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    In an interlude to this wonderful commentary on Sunil's entry to the human race:

Apple's biggest competitor, Sony (they wish), has news about their latest Walkman (almost) about to hit the streets:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2014861,00.asp

It's been a bad month for them, hasn't it?
  • Reply 65 of 81
    I'm looking forward to replace my sony 1gig-mp3 player (still unbeaten battery-life of 72h!) with a ipod nano because it doesn't work under osx but I haven't seen any non-apple photos of the new nanos. Are there any at all?
  • Reply 66 of 81
    Hmm, before these new ipod-nanos, Apple's nano was losing big time against Samsung's "Z5-player". It had equal if not better sound, had a scratch-secure-metal case and most important its rechargeable battery could keep going for 35 hours. The only downside was that it was slightly less comfortable in selecting the tracks, but otherwise it was the big winner and less expensive.

Now the new nanos are about equal in price, have also a scratch-secure case and the batteries can go for 24 hours, compared to the previous 12 hours a real improvement, although not quite on the level of the samsung z5-player.

So, thumbs up for getting the nano competitive again, but thumbs-down for the lack of recording-capabilities and thumbsdown for the very gayish colours in the middle-model.

Nonetheless nothing beats my favourite player/recorder, the Sony Hi-Minidisc MZ-RH 10. It's simply brilliant to have a portable recording-machine that has an openended capacity! Every disc offers 1 GB, and 7$/per disc is cheap enough, and I can edit every track on the discs without a computer, can erase tracks, combine tracks, rename tracks... and the sound in Hi-SP-mode is better than the sound of the nano, not to speak of the sound in full PCM-mode(ie. completely uncompressed)! Of course to really appreciate the sound I had to ditch the accompanying ear-speakers and use really good hifi-stereo-headphones, it is a difference of night and day (compared to the use of the accompanying ear-phones, not compared to the nano).

Nightcrawler
  • Reply 67 of 81
    What's this about my thumbs? You know what they say about the size of your thumb....
  • Reply 68 of 81
    My SonyEricsson T630 took a little soak in the washing machine. 10 minutes was enough to kill it. DAMN FUCKING BLOODY SHITE if they had released the frickin' iPodPhone it would be just nice for me to get a new superb iPodPhone.

But no.... Damn you Apple!!!!! ARGHGHGHGHG
  • Reply 69 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bikerdude

Can you all guess the finger that's working fine right now? ..I.. <- get it?
  • Reply 70 of 81
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

Apple has always had a white ipod on their large hard drive players line.

Yes but if the next iPod is going to be all screen that won't matter anymore.
  • Reply 71 of 81
    They look dated. Far too much like the old Mini. What a shame.
  • Reply 72 of 81
    I like the new nanos better:

Here's a side by side comparision:

Backside:

The Display really is brighter:

• Reply 73 of 81
    That looks really awesome. The old iPod nano looks tacky plastic cheapy in comparison. Teh sexayyy. The iPod nano got it's sexyback.
  • Reply 74 of 81
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

The Display really is brighter:

Is there a brightness control?

I think the iPods (old nano, 5.0G) are way too bright when used in the dark.
  • Reply 75 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

Is there a brightness control?

I think the iPods (old nano, 5.0G) are way too bright when used in the dark.

Yes, that's what I've read on the official swiss apple-site.
  • Reply 76 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NORTHERNLiGHTS

Yes, that's what I've read on the official swiss apple-site.

Can you provide a link? I can't find that info \
  • Reply 77 of 81
    Quote:

Passen Sie den integrierten Equalizer für Ihre Songs an oder begrenzen Sie die maximale Lautstärke. Alles, was Sie brauchen ? von Hintergrundbeleuchtung bis zur Wiedergabegeschwindigkeit von Hörbüchern ? ist im Menü "Einstellungen" zu finden.

As mentioned before, this quote is from the swiss site, under the section "Einstellungen" (Preferences). It says "Everything you need, from display-backlight, to the playback-speed [...] can be found and set up here.
  • Reply 78 of 81
    Display-backlight is talking about "timer" - How long before the screen dims after you choose a song. AFAIK it is this, not that you can adjust the brightness of the screen...
  • Reply 79 of 81
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I wish they had other options besides black for the 8 gig.

Oh well, I'll just wait another year until they have a 16 gig nano to replace my 3G
  • Reply 80 of 81
    @sunilraman

You're right, I just checked the english-site and there it's obvious. Very misleading and a bit poor not to offer such a feature..