Apple previews iTV set-top device

1121314151618»

Comments

• Reply 341 of 343
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjk

You forgot the program guide.

The program Guide is easier than any of it. There are Widgets that do it already.

But I am done with this conversation. So please quit quoting me. I'm all talked out. I've stated my opinion, and reasoning across many pages. I stand by it. This device is just not for me. I'm not sure Apple is anymore either.
  • Reply 342 of 343
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider

I have one of those. It's great except that it crashes about twice a week

If your box is crashing twice a week, there are a few lucky people that don't have any crashes at all because I think their reboot rate is near 10 percent.

Hey, Scientific Atlanta has a new MCP-100 DVR with DVD recorder/player, external SATA drive. And like the 8300, it support multi-room (watch DVR from other rooms in the house).
  • Reply 343 of 343
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pt123

If your box is crashing twice a week, there are a few lucky people that don't have any crashes at all because I think their reboot rate is near 10 percent.

Hey, Scientific Atlanta has a new MCP-100 DVR with DVD recorder/player, external SATA drive. And like the 8300, it support multi-room (watch DVR from other rooms in the house).

Last I heard (end of 2005) the software was still cranky but this thing was expect to be a new revenue stream for cable companies:

Sell DVDs direct to consumers by simply popping in a disc, press buy and then flip it over and it prints the artwork on the other side (b&w only but still cool). S-A built in billing, content protection and other stuff. Called Direct-to-Disc.

Then I heard nada...cablecos are slow too I guess.

Vinea