Weird Al Rides again!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I cant wait till the 26th of this month: New Weird Al alblum is called "Streight Outta Lynwood "

He has posted a song from the new alblum...here is a link to it: White and Nerdy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I must be the only Weird Al fan on here! wow!
  • Reply 2 of 36
    Less than 12 hours till release! WEEEEE....cant wait to be in linr for it at midnight tonight (I work 2nd shift...so it is schedualing...I am not a starwars/xbox360 nerd!)
  • Reply 3 of 36
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    White and Nerdy is hilarious.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Music video is pure gold.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    wow...great alblum! dual disk, 5.1 Dolby Digital mixes of all tracks! beautifull and hillarius art as always, and you simply must hear "Canadian Idiot".

Good stuff.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I remember Weird Al back in High school and thought he fizzled out. He made a HUGE comeback lately I think starting with that "Don't download this Song" Song and now this. Wether this was a marketing campaign or not, it certainly worked and he is back in full force.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton

Damn when I was in junior high school I used to tune in to Dr. Demento every Sunday night. Of course Weird Al was a staple, as was Eddie Murphy (Boogie in your Butt) and my favorite Kip Adata (if I spelled that right)....

http://www.kipaddotta.com/

When I first heard "Life in the Slaw Lane," I was young enough to take the time to commit it to memory.

Sigh... I wish I could find the good Doctor nowadays... has anyone taken his place to provide a large media outlet for up and coming crazoids?
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ebby

I remember Weird Al back in High school and thought he fizzled out. He made a HUGE comeback lately I think starting with that "Don't download this Song" Song and now this. Wether this was a marketing campaign or not, it certainly worked and he is back in full force.

He hasnt gone anywhere...he has just slowed down a little, but hey, with music over the past decade...good songs are really rare.

Here is his alblum list I strongly recomend Poodle Hat(2003) and Bad Hair Day (1996, Amish Paradise), Running With Scisors (1999) is decent.

No, I do not work for Weird Al, but I would do it for a very low salery
  • Reply 9 of 36
    what no itunes release bah!
  • Reply 10 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trailmaster308

what no itunes release bah!

Yes Weird Al is on iTunes, but I refuse to pay $9.99 for shitty quality when I can have the full PCM versions with NO DRM as well as a DVD that includes 5.1 DTS mixes and music videos for $11
  • Reply 11 of 36
    White and Nerdy: a_greer's theme song.

Good grief, you're obsessed young man!
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

White and Nerdy: a_greer's theme song.

Good grief, you're obsessed young man!

no, I just like high qulity audio...ok...I am an...audiophile, allbeit a poor one...guilty as charged.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    I'm referring to your fandom for Weird Al. It's a bit too... weird..
  • Reply 14 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

I'm referring to your fandom for Weird Al. It's a bit too... weird..

As I recall, someone's a bit of a fan of Steve Jobs
  • Reply 15 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

As I recall, someone's a bit of a fan of Steve Jobs

According to US, entertainment weekly, or the Enquierer or some such rag in a waiting room, the powers that be have moved Jobs-isum to sheek from geek...no such luck for Mr. Yankovic...
  • Reply 16 of 36
    Greg: LMAO

a_greer: Steve's got style, son.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer

According to US, entertainment weekly, or the Enquierer or some such rag in a waiting room, the powers that be have moved Jobs-isum to sheek from geek...no such luck for Mr. Yankovic...

Just for future reference, it is spelled chic.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think he misspelled it for clever effect.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR

Just for future reference, it is spelled chic.

from chic to g-hic maybe?
  • Reply 20 of 36
    Well, it appears you dorks can sleep easier now; Al's new album is now on the iTunes Store. I saw it in a recent new releases email.

Yes, I am supplementing your nerdiness.