Male Restroom Etiquette

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    I am bothered by guys who spit while they urinate. I especially hate when they try to intersect their stream with spit.

moe
  • Reply 22 of 40
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Why do people do that?
  • Reply 23 of 40
    Why do people do anything?
  • Reply 24 of 40
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    If it were one person I would brush it off. Maybe the guy had to spit? There's got to be a reason why so many people spit before the pee?
  • Reply 25 of 40
    I find it irritating that when someone is standing in front of a urinal and there are other people in the restroom (such as washing their hands), they think it's OK to rip ass. They must think that somehow when in front of a urinal, they are enclosed in a sound proof barrier, and it deflects all sounds and smells to a vent or miniature black hole so no one else notices.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    Then there are the guys who deficate in urinals. Don't get me started on them.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southside grabowski

Then there are the guys who deficate in urinals. Don't get me started on them.

Ahh! That happened last week at the library. It ruined the bathroom for like 2 days...
  • Reply 28 of 40
    How bout this bit of bathroom misconduct....

Last year when I lived in the door at my university, this exchange student decided it would be a good idea to habitually wash his feet in the sinks in our floors' public restroom. Keep in mind that this is a dorm restroom so these are the same sinks I had to wash my dishes, shave, brush my teeth, etc. in. Now I believe his washing of feet was for religious reasons, which is fine, but honsetly, couldn't he have used the plethora of showers that were 4 yards away?
  • Reply 29 of 40
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    This bathroom etiquette video is starting to piss me off. It is getting so popular that the other day a line formed when only three of five urinals had been used up, so I jumped the line and pissed in #4 - screw that!

That never happened to me before the video was popular.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978

This bathroom etiquette video is starting to piss me off. It is getting so popular that the other day a line formed when only three of five urinals had been used up, so I jumped the line and pissed in #4 - screw that!

That never happened to me before the video was popular.

Now that's funny!
  • Reply 31 of 40
    This is, hands down, the most disgusting thread on AI (other than another Steve Ballmer thread).

Brings up another point.

How many Mac owners are anal retentive (in the parlance of our times) / obsessive compulsive.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number is high, because of the ethic and culture surrounding Apple and who it attracts... y'know, Apple's fetishistically clean product design/interfaces and layouts.

I would count myself in the mildly obsessive compulsive category.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    I too would say that I'm mildly obsessive compulsive, but not in the way in which everything has to be orderly. I prefer everything to be exactly where I want them to be. If that's on the floor, then that is where it goes.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    On the floor? That's another problem. My shoes should not squeak after I leave a urinal. If you can't get it in the urinal, sit down and use a camode.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southside grabowski

On the floor? That's another problem. My shoes should not squeak after I leave a urinal. If you can't get it in the urinal, sit down and use a camode.

I wasn't talking about my fluids. I do agree that is annoying though. Especially at truck stops and it takes effort to move your feet off the floor in front of the urinal.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Try spending some time in non-tourist Nepal or rural India. I had to shit in some pretty weird places, always just a hole in the floor, never TP, most of the time just a tap of water to wash your ass/left hand with. Worst case scenario was no tap, just a bucket of water that several people might have used already... That's why you never shake hands lefthanded, pass anyone anything lefthanded, or generally use your left hand for anything important in that part of the world...

In most of the middle east, there's just a hose instead of TP, which leads to some pretty wet toilet seats and floors. But your ass ends up a lot cleaner that way than smearing the shit around with some paper...
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoopaDrive

I find it irritating that when someone is standing in front of a urinal and there are other people in the restroom (such as washing their hands), they think it's OK to rip ass.

Pfft. You have no idea how good it feels to rip ass while pissing. Besides, even if you were in the lousy toilet instead of the urinal, it isn't exactly sound proof. 8)
  • Reply 37 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101

Pfft. You have no idea how good it feels to rip ass while pissing. Besides, even if you were in the lousy toilet instead of the urinal, it isn't exactly sound proof. 8)

Granted, but that's when the courtesy flush comes in.

It doesn't help the situation either when the guy lifts the leg up for extra bounce.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    You know it is harder to become an officer commissioning through the ranks than it is to go through direct entry via college.
  • Reply 39 of 40
  • Reply 40 of 40
    Yutaka, please define "therapy." What you describe does not sound medicinal in the least.