Googles offers public commitment to the Mac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    I had a thought about this.... could the Google-Apple partnership spawn a new dot-mac? Rather than have Apple badly implement an internet based solution, why not let Google do it better?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kishan

I had a thought about this.... could the Google-Apple partnership spawn a new dot-mac? Rather than have Apple badly implement an internet based solution, why not let Google do it better?

Please, oh please, oh please...!
  • Reply 23 of 25
    I don't see Google doing any more then offering end user integration solutions rather then actually partnering with Apple to the extent of building and maintaining their .mac service
  • Reply 24 of 25
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Caribou Killa

I don't see Google doing any more then offering end user integration solutions rather then actually partnering with Apple to the extent of building and maintaining their .mac service

You are probably right, but the features of .Mac that I think most people would want to use are iCal synchronization and the mail thing. So what needs to happen, is that we need a way to have iCal sync with google calendar and also to have gmail go IMAP. These two things alone would replace .Mac to a large extent. Sure, these features would probably be useful to non-mac users, but why not start with the Mac apps?