Got your MBP C2D? Let us know....

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I ordered my 15 inch 2.33 macbook pro on 24th itself with glossy screen but I won't get it until Nov 2nd so waiting...I was just wonderinig if anyone has already got theirs, someone who didn't customize anything...Please share your experiences..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 173
    Ordered mine the day they were released, it was delivered this morning at 10am. Base model, no additions. Will play with it when I get home from work.
  • Reply 2 of 173
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Waiting on mine. Delivery now pushed to Nov 1. Doesn't matter though as I'll be out of town. Very anxious to get hands on.
  • Reply 3 of 173
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Ordered mine aswell.. I'm in Vancouver Canada.

MacBook Pro 2.16GHz

2GB RAM

120GB HD

AppleCare

upgrading from a PowerBook 1.33GHz. Sold to my parents.
  • Reply 4 of 173
    I don't know, I kinda like waiting for mine. I feel like I'm 10 years old again on the week before Christmas. There's not a lot of times when I can get this excited anymore...
  • Reply 5 of 173
    jinixjinix Posts: 33member
    how is everybody getting the comps so quick? I ordered the day it came out, and it won't be SHIPPED until Novermber 7th. It estimates that it'll arrive by Nov.13th.

I'm assuming it's because I chose to get the 100GB, 7200rpm harddrive as opposed to the default(160GB, 5400rpm)...
  • Reply 6 of 173
    abhayabhay Posts: 45member
    how is everybody getting the comps so quick? I ordered the day it came out, and it won't be SHIPPED until Novermber 7th. It estimates that it'll arrive by Nov.13th.

I'm assuming it's because I chose to get the 100GB, 7200rpm harddrive as opposed to the default(160GB, 5400rpm)...[/QUOTE]

I also was wondering the same thing..but I ordered just the glossy screen so it is shipping on 30th and then I requested 2 day shipping so I am getting it on Nov 2nd. My assumption is that depending on how many things you customize, it will delay the shipping accordingly. I had ordered mine within 2 hours of it being released, still they will ship it on 30th, just becuase I chose a glossy screen.
  • Reply 7 of 173
    aiolosaiolos Posts: 228member
    I got glossy too, that probably explains it

did anyone with glossy receive theirs yet?
  • Reply 8 of 173
    Haven't gotten mine.

I ordered the 2.33Ghz, 160 gig, glossy screen w/ iWork preinstalled. Supposed to be shipped by Oct. 31 and delivered by Nov. 3...
  • Reply 9 of 173
    I just finished ordering mine about a half hour ago - base model 15", but with the glossy screen. They're estimating a ship date of Tuesday, but, of course, I ordered expidited shipping to lessen the delay thereafter.

This'll be my second Mac ever (currently on a 1.25 Mini with 512 & 10.3.9) and my first laptop. I can't even describe how excited I am. Anyone wanna wager how huge the speed difference is going to be? /chuckle
  • Reply 10 of 173
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    My brothers is due in on the 1st. He did not get the glossy screen but it was fully loaded (he got the big 5400 rpm drive and not the 4xxx rpm drive).

This is his first Mac. It better not have any problems like my MBP CD did (whining).
  • Reply 11 of 173
    Like it DID, aplnub? What changed?
  • Reply 12 of 173
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackwave

Like it DID, aplnub? What changed?

I sent it to Apple a bagillion times until they finally released a new logic board that fixed the whine. It was a pain but being the understanding customer and loyal mac user I am, I was fine with it. I had about 3 weeks of use and 3 weeks of down time because of it. But it did get fixed and that I am happy about (not to mention the track pad died too). \
  • Reply 13 of 173
    Crappy...

Oh well. I'll wait three months before buying Applecare on it - doing as much keeps my initial cost lower, thankfully.

As strange as this sounds, after two years of PPC, I'm really looking forward to running Windows now and then again. There's some apps I've missed, not to mention games.

Wow... did I just suggest 'Mac Gamer' without seeming absurd? The word really has turned on it's head, hasn't it?
  • Reply 14 of 173
    It seems the majority of Apple Stores don't have 15" and 17" C2D MBP in stock yet. I want to check up the ones at the Apple Store before I make a purchasing decision. Apple announced the launch of C2D MBP on Tuesday. I think their own stores should have recieved some shipments by now. Can someone confirm on the C2D MBP sighting at the Apple Stores?
  • Reply 15 of 173
    Got mine yesterday at 10am. I love it! so far it has not gotten too hot on me yet. I don't think i am the best person to describe the speed of it though, since anything is faster than the iMac g3 350 that i upgraded from

beautiful computer though, i am very happy with it.
  • Reply 16 of 173
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    To anyone who has it: what model ID does it have? (It says in System Profiler, e.g. " Machine ModeltMacBookPro1,1")
  • Reply 17 of 173
    demenasdemenas Posts: 109member
    I got a shipment notification this morning. I paid for 2-day shipping and it will be here November 1st. (There was no overnight shipping option when I ordered).

15", Matte display, 3GB RAM, 160gb drive.

Steve
  • Reply 18 of 173
    My model is MacBookPro2,2
  • Reply 19 of 173
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Thank you.

Is that a 15-inch one, or a 17-inch one?
  • Reply 20 of 173
    All of the stores I've called in Southern California have the 15's but no 17's.

Anyone get their 17" yet?