Got your MBP C2D? Let us know....

Comments

• Reply 41 of 173
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Got my MacBook Pro today! Arrived at the mac dealer I ordered it from..

2.16GHz Core 2 Duo

2GB Ram

120GB HD

Matte Screen

So far I haven't had a chance to install all my apps on it, but it seems super speedy and REALLY snappy. Booted up really quick.. I'm coming from a G4 system, so I'm not totally used to the speed boosts people have been seeing with the new intel gear. Anyways.. so far so good!

Anxious to see MacWorld run it through their suite of SpeedMark tests to see where it lands.
  • Reply 42 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

My Macbook Pro just reached AK, does anyone know how long can it take to be delivered once it reaches AK based on their fedex tracking results. I know I am acting silly but just curious and impatient.

Mine is in AK, too.... It's difficult not to be silly and impatient. it would be nice if the stores had a few upgraded models.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by demenas

Are you scheduled for Wednesday delivery? Did you pay for 2-day delivery? If so maybe you will get it Tuesday, since you are living on the east coast.

I did opt for the 2 day - so hopefully tomorrow!
  • Reply 43 of 173
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the speed difference between my 1.25GHz G4 Mini with 512mb to my 2.16 MBP.

I remember years ago, the first time I used one of the dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4's, hooked up to a 23" plastic Apple LCD... I crapped my pants at the speed, and the size of the screen. hehe.
  • Reply 44 of 173
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackwave

I'm really looking forward to seeing the speed difference between my 1.25GHz G4 Mini with 512mb to my 2.16 MBP.

I remember years ago, the first time I used one of the dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4's, hooked up to a 23" plastic Apple LCD... I crapped my pants at the speed, and the size of the screen. hehe.

It should be a huge difference. Even my iMac G5 kicks the hell out of the PB 1.25 I had. I can only imagine what the Duo will do.
  • Reply 45 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

I did opt for the 2 day - so hopefully tomorrow!

Yup it's on the truck - from Shanghai to Washington, DC in what shakes out to be about a business day (not accounting for the time changes).

[edit] It's now stashed under my desk. I am really tempted to go home "sick"....
  • Reply 46 of 173
    i just got email verification that my mbp shipped from shanghai today but FedEx gives no estimated delivery date. anyone else experience this or you had a delivery date?
  • Reply 47 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

Yup it's on the truck - from Shanghai to Washington, DC in what shakes out to be about a business day (not accounting for the time changes).

[edit] It's now stashed under my desk. I am really tempted to go home "sick"....

Lucky you...Mine was in AK, now it has reached Indianapolis so still another day I guess. I had also requested 2 day shipping but it is taking 3 days I guess.
  • Reply 48 of 173
    Damnit abhay, are you my neighbor?

If so, I've been stealing your internet the last 5 months. Thanks...
  • Reply 49 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

i just got email verification that my mbp shipped from shanghai today but FedEx gives no estimated delivery date. anyone else experience this or you had a delivery date?

I didn't have a delivery date for about 24 hrs. In my experience (with packages from other people, but from Asia), fedex e-files the customs paperwork, and doesn't give an estimate until they know if it'll be pre-cleared. If customs wants to take a look it adds a day. I have been told that with direct distribution of products such as this hold-ups are rare.
  • Reply 50 of 173
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    I got mine this morning, 7 days ahead of schedule! The 160GB drive is a Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00, better known as a Travelstar 5K160 - two platter, perpendicular recording drive. Real capacity is 149gb, but I guess that is usual? xbench scores on the drive:

\tSystem Info\t\t

\t\tXbench Version\t\t1.3

\t\tSystem Version\t\t10.4.8 (8N1037)

\t\tPhysical RAM\t\t1024 MB

\t\tModel\t\tMacBookPro2,2

\t\tDrive Type\t\tHitachi HTS541616J9SA00

\tDisk Test\t38.38\t

\t\tSequential\t60.47\t

\t\t\tUncached Write\t66.21\t40.65 MB/sec [4K blocks]

\t\t\tUncached Write\t60.13\t34.02 MB/sec [256K blocks]

\t\t\tUncached Read\t50.59\t14.81 MB/sec [4K blocks]

\t\t\tUncached Read\t68.24\t34.30 MB/sec [256K blocks]

\t\tRandom\t28.11\t

\t\t\tUncached Write\t10.30\t1.09 MB/sec [4K blocks]

\t\t\tUncached Write\t53.90\t17.26 MB/sec [256K blocks]

\t\t\tUncached Read\t65.44\t0.46 MB/sec [4K blocks]

\t\t\tUncached Read\t87.95\t16.32 MB/sec [256K blocks]
  • Reply 51 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Damnit abhay, are you my neighbor?

If so, I've been stealing your internet the last 5 months. Thanks...

I am also from Sacramento...so we might be neighbors..
  • Reply 52 of 173
    Hi guys,

Just ordered the Macbook Pro 15" 2.33GHz with a 160 GB Harddrive yesterday at noon.

I can't wait for it to ship and get my hands on it - at last!

So far the date of delivery to Denmark is the 13'Th at the latest. But I'm hoping for friday the 10'Th of November.

Do you think I might get lucky with the ship dates?

Take care,
  • Reply 53 of 173
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    I have a couple display problems with my macbook - hopefully somebody here knows how to fix it...

I have an external 24" dell monitor attached (1920x1024) via DVI, along with USB mouse and keyboard.

Problem 1: When the powerbook lid is open the computer stays awake, but the image on the Dell monitor is really fuzzy and the colors are a bit off, kind of like the computer is converting to VGA and then back to DVI (did I just make a horrible mistake going for the 128k version of the video card?).

Problem 2: When the powerbook lid is closed, the image is crisp like it should be, but the computer will only stay awake for a couple seconds. My USB keyboard seems to be able to wake it up, but as soon as the drive spins up it shuts itself down again.

EDIT - Problem #2 was that the power supply was not plugged in, I guess that they don't want you booting with an external monitor on battery power (unless the laptop is open, which seems like it would draw even more power). I still think #1 is strange, but I will never use it that way anyway.
  • Reply 54 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

I am also from Sacramento...so we might be neighbors..

Wow...small world. Same exact MBP ordered, same location. And obviously, same ship date...
  • Reply 55 of 173
    I took the plunge! I ordered the middle config with a 160GB drive and a matte screen. Ship date is 11/3, standard shipping with arrival on 11/13. Hmmm...that is far away! Maybe I'll upgrade the shipping!
  • Reply 56 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001

I took the plunge! I ordered the middle config with a 160GB drive and a matte screen. Ship date is 11/3, standard shipping with arrival on 11/13. Hmmm...that is far away! Maybe I'll upgrade the shipping!

Upgraded! Now coming on 11/8! I am like a little kid at christmas...I mean Halloween!
  • Reply 57 of 173
    Today must have been the day: there were two other people with MBP boxes in the elevator on my way down, and I saw one more on the walk home.

This is my first post from my new MBP C2D.... the walk home from work never felt so long. Anyway, so far its cool, quiet, and very shiny. Keyboard is taking so getting used to, but the backlight is cool - I have been plahying with the dimmers all evening.

The only one not pleased is our cat, who doesn't like the reduction in play time. Now all I need to do is figure out how to transfer all the sh*t from the old iBook to this thing - two users one user ID is making it a pain in the you-know-what.
  • Reply 58 of 173
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    I almost have mine.

Went to my bookstore and gave him the ok to order two systems, a MBP and an iMac for my kids. I really needed my portable to be able to process movies faster than my Pismo and want to replace my G4 tower, thus the MBP. And my kids are wreaking havok on our other machines, thus the iMac.

17" 2.33GHz

2GB memory (will upgrade this when prices drop)

160GB hard drive

8x double-layer SuperDrive

Will recieve in about a week and a half.

$2,599.00

20" iMac 2.16GHz

1GB memory

250GB hard drive

8x DL SuperDrive

ATI Radeon X1600 graphics

Also a week and a half

$1400

While at the bookstore, he also sold me a 30gb iPod for $200.

Now all I have to do is build the kids a desk within the next two weeks.

Can't wait!!

Tony
  • Reply 59 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1

I almost have mine.

Went to my bookstore and gave him the ok to order two systems, a MBP and an iMac for my kids. I really needed my portable to be able to process movies faster than my Pismo and want to replace my G4 tower, thus the MBP. And my kids are wreaking havok on our other machines, thus the iMac.

17" 2.33GHz

2GB memory (will upgrade this when prices drop)

160GB hard drive

8x double-layer SuperDrive

Will recieve in about a week and a half.

$2,599.00

20" iMac 2.16GHz

1GB memory

250GB hard drive

8x DL SuperDrive

ATI Radeon X1600 graphics

Also a week and a half

$1400

While at the bookstore, he also sold me a 30gb iPod for $200.

Now all I have to do is build the kids a desk within the next two weeks.

Can't wait!!

Tony

Congrats. I am so excited about mine. I'll have it a week from tomorrow!
  • Reply 60 of 173
    Man, what's the average age here, 30?'

And we're all gitty like little schoolkids at Christmas. It's hilarious - you'd never see Dell's do this to grown-ups.