Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasenj1

Coming soon:

MacBook (PRODUCT) RED.

iMac (PRODUCT) RED.

iPod Shuffle (PRODUCT) RED.

DVD Studio (PRODUCT) RED.

- Jasen.

There won't be any more (PRODUCT) RED. Apple is not a charity. They probably just intended to do one product, but due to the unexpected success, they thought they'd try sell them 8GB ones.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    Quote:

Coming soon:

MacBook (PRODUCT) RED.

iMac (PRODUCT) RED.

- Jasen.

I'd certainly like to see Shuffles in a variety of Colours

- and a Red one would be nice

Red iMac - I think that would be horrible - a Black iMac would be cool though!
  • Reply 23 of 42
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davebarnes

Will we see a RED Zune on November 14th?

After all, by November 15th, it will be the best selling DAP in the market.

*blink* *blink*

*pause*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Thank you. Funniest thing I've read all day.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Coming soon:

MacBook (PRODUCT) RED.

iMac (PRODUCT) RED.

- Jasen.

Well, it so happens I posted a mockup in another thread

Image below:

• Reply 25 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco

ABI Research Reveals 58 Percent of iPod Users May Choose Zune ... http://www.tmcnet.com/ce/articles/33...-users-may.htm

Hahahah aha haha hh aah ha h ahah ah ah ah hh ah h

Total fracking bollocks.
  • Reply 26 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kesh

You're assuming they have a larger profit margin on the 8 Gb model than the 4 Gb model. It may be that Apple priced the 8 Gb to have the same profit margin as the 4 Gb one, taking into account the costs of the additional memory chips.

Yeah, I thought it would be $10 for 4gb and say $12 for the 8gb. But between retail of $199 and $249, it's cool, not such a big deal. It's good for a start that Apple got involved in this. And I tells ya a Product[Red] MacBook (but definitely NOT MacBookPro) is likely in the next 6 months either before or after the MacBook is upgraded.
  • Reply 27 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

is there a chance the red nano will be sold in non apple stores? best buy, circuit city, TARGET...

Yeah, is there any bloody chance the RED nano will be sold in Australia?
  • Reply 28 of 42
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Well, it so happens I posted a mockup in another thread

Image below:

I do like your RED MacBook mockups, by the way.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    I've been thinking I'll probably get a new Mac after MacWorld in January, when I get my tax return (and hopefully there are updated models available). My plan was to get a mini, and keep my old Powerbook 12" for when I want to go travelling... but if they put out a (RED) Macbook, I don't think I could resist.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii

They probably just intended to do one product, but due to the unexpected success, they thought they'd try sell them 8GB ones.

If true, If they did the 8GB in response to unexpected success, that would be the fastest turnaround to a new electronic product variant that I've ever seen anywhere. I mean, two weeks? Maybe it's possible, but it seems like a stretch too, that would impress me a lot. I think it's more likely they intended to do a two-step roll-out.
  • Reply 31 of 42
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

If true, If they did the 8GB in response to unexpected success, that would be the fastest turnaround to a new electronic product variant that I've ever seen anywhere. I mean, two weeks? Maybe it's possible, but it seems like a stretch too, that would impress me a lot. I think it's more likely they intended to do a two-step roll-out.

I don't know. I wouldn't have thought it's that hard - one part of the factory makes cases, the other the internals. All you have to do is tell your contracted manufacturer to start putting some 8 GB internals (already being made) into RED cases (already being made), and probably to ramp up the production of RED cases.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

I don't know. I wouldn't have thought it's that hard - one part of the factory makes cases, the other the internals. All you have to do is tell your contracted manufacturer to start putting some 8 GB internals (already being made) into RED cases (already being made), and probably to ramp up the production of RED cases.

I think there's a little more to it though. There would be some delay in the corporate system realize they have an unexpectedly hot product on their hands, then to decide to go ahead with another variation, and then some distribution delays too.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I think there's a little more to it though. There would be some delay in the corporate system realize they have an unexpectedly hot product on their hands, then to decide to go ahead with another variation, and then some distribution delays too.

I think they would have had to have made the decision after one week of sales. The factories operate close to 24/7, so if a signal went in one week ago to make 8 GB iPod nano REDs, that's just enough time for an initial shipment to arrive yesterday.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

I do like your RED MacBook mockups, by the way.

Thanks dude
  • Reply 35 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H

I hear a revolt is underway 'coz they had to push the workers extra hard for such a quick turnaround on the red 8Gigers. A few of these "pre-engraved" models slipped out: 8)

• Reply 36 of 42
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Coming soon:

- Jasen.

LOL!!

But really a red 8gb is smart, it'll probably sell very well.
  • Reply 37 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronn

While I appreciate the effort, I still don't understand the amount going to the campaign. Given Apple's supposed profit margins, this larger Nano should yield a larger contribution.

You're assuming that the primary reason apple is doing this is to make donations and not get massive "feel-good" publicity. If you really want to make a contribution, it doen't have to involve buying a piece of plastic that end up landfill in 2-3 years.

I find it interesting in some of the other posts that the fanboys still think that Microsoft is more of a corporate "monster" than Apple. And that, somehow, Jobs isn't a corporate money-grabber.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

, with the support of the world's leaders and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, [/url][/c]

LOL now they're using Kofi Annan's name to sell iPods!
  • Reply 39 of 42
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass

You're assuming that the primary reason apple is doing this is to make donations and not get massive "feel-good" publicity. If you really want to make a contribution, it doen't have to involve buying a piece of plastic that end up landfill in 2-3 years.

Nope. You're doing the only ASSuming here. And did you not read the last line of my first response on this thread?

me: ...and I'd rather donate directly.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronn

doing the only ASSuming here.

I think that meme borders on retarded. Can it please stop?