Briefly: new Apple hardware shipments blip on radar

Comments

• Reply 61 of 91
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Well, saved by the elections, either new MacBooks tomorrow or otherwise next week Tuesday maybe.
  • Reply 62 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xflare

But strangely the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are the same price at the lower speed end up to about 2gHZ I think.

Heh. Nice. This feeds into my point that Apple is putting Core2Duos into MacBooks as perhaps a scheme to fulfill very very strong demand, not necessarily an upgrade to attract new customers. Although brilliantly they could be doing both - fill demand, get more customers looking at Dell or HP with Core2Duo and making comparisons as they make buying decisions through to the end of the year.
  • Reply 63 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes

Sir, I didn't think anyone with less then 1024 posts could even talk to you directly.

Heh. You chose a very computer-sciency number there. Actually, no one less than 2048 posts can even quote my posts, and you need 4096 posts before you can PM me.

And just to drag Melgross in for no reason, he's over 6,000 posts so no one less than 6,000 posts can argue with him or PM him.
  • Reply 64 of 91
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig

What doesn't make sense to me is why would they update the Macbook to C2D and not the Mini.

Instead of calling it Mac Mini, Apple should just name it for what it really is: Mac Token.
  • Reply 65 of 91
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

*sniff* I miss my AMD64 Venice OC'ed 2.10ghz 6600GT OC'ed 560mhz rig a few thousand miles away. It's been three months. Let's see, I've gone cold turkey on games for 3 months, and haven't drunk a beer or vodka/other for almost 2 years, haven't smoked pot or popped ecstasy or sniffed amyl nitrate or nitrous for also almost 2 years. I rarely ever have more than a sip of my friend/parent/aunt's latte and I don't drink Coke/Pepsi. I do have some tea twice a day though.

Ahhhh, what a wonderful age we live in where a few psychiatric pills keeps the other more socially accepted recreational drugs at bay. And in Australia, US, UK for sure, how would one party down without that most famous and accepted recreational drug of all for those aged 15 all the way up to 95 ---- alcohol????!!!!!

You say your not on drugs but you sound like you're on speed!
  • Reply 66 of 91
    AH CRAP!

I ordered a macbook last friday night. Strange thing though is that I ordered an incase neoprene case to go with it and got notice the next day (saturday) that it had been shipped and should be here Thursday. I had them add 512mb of ram to my 2.0ghz macbook, but still have not received any notice of shipping. My order status page says it will have shipped by tomorrow.

Is my order being slow just because of the ram upgrade or would they hold my order if a new macbook was going to be coming out like right away? I really hope so, otherwise I think I need to call and see if I can cancel my order tomorrow.

Strange thing too, the order status page has not let me log in for several hours now. The page reads:

"Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

This is scarry. I hope I get the new one!!!!! I wish I had heard the rumor sooner.
  • Reply 67 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lgreen

AH CRAP!

I ordered a macbook last friday night. Strange thing though is that I ordered an incase neoprene case to go with it and got notice the next day (saturday) that it had been shipped and should be here Thursday. I had them add 512mb of ram to my 2.0ghz macbook, but still have not received any notice of shipping. My order status page says it will have shipped by tomorrow.

Is my order being slow just because of the ram upgrade or would they hold my order if a new macbook was going to be coming out like right away? I really hope so, otherwise I think I need to call and see if I can cancel my order tomorrow.

Strange thing too, the order status page has not let me log in for several hours now. The page reads:

"Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

This is scarry. I hope I get the new one!!!!! I wish I had heard the rumor sooner.

Cancel your order now. If there is no fee for it. Rather than assume/wait/hope that you get the upgraded one instead. Cancel your order now and wait for the update if you can. Otherwise, you'd be hitting yourself over the head a few weeks from now.
  • Reply 68 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking

You say your not on drugs but you sound like you're on speed!

Haven't tried Speed in about two and a half years or so. Powdered form, licking it, at least, I was told it was speed those few times, actually made me a bit sleepy. Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) makes me kinda nice and chilled out....... 8) which is different for most people... Which is why Sudafed/ Pseudoephedrine is a pharmacy-regulated medicine particularly in Syndey where people use it as a party drug to "keep going" and stuff.

Haven't taken Sudafed/ Pseudoephedrine in about a year, I think that's the last time I had a cold/ flu...!
  • Reply 69 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Cancel your order now. If there is no fee for it. Rather than assume/wait/hope that you get the upgraded one instead. Cancel your order now and wait for the update if you can. Otherwise, you'd be hitting yourself over the head a few weeks from now.

The new model numbers part of the rumour is usually good evidence of an upgrade. Would be enough for me to wait if I was getting a MacBook. Damn, I'd never be a good Mac salesman, would I? Ah well, I just try to help and sometimes get people to laugh a little on these forums. [Insert sad clown metaphor here]
  • Reply 70 of 91
    I tried to call and cancel the order tonight, but they were already closed (missed it by like 17 mintues).

I can't do it on apple.com either. If I click on the order status or anything in my account it gives me this message:

Also I don't know if they will let me cancel since I had them upgrade the ram.
  • Reply 71 of 91
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes

<sarcasm>Really? He was joking? I never realised...</sarcasm>

Now you know...
  • Reply 72 of 91
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    The UK Apple store is down !!!!!!!!! Updates coming.
  • Reply 73 of 91
    In the italian Apple store, and I think all Europe, Apple store is down saying:

"We are busy updating the store for you and we will be back soon"

Hope new macbook family is the matter...

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/italystore/
  • Reply 74 of 91
    Same w/ US store. Looks like a worldwide launch of something. Most likely: new MacBooks. Somewhat likely: something really sexy... I'm thinking the latter.
  • Reply 75 of 91
    Aus store down as well I hope this is the macbook update... I'm sooo sick of waiting lol... I wanna get rid of my pc sooo badly...
  • Reply 76 of 91
    wooo! checked out the front page of the aus mac site??

Says : "The new macbook featuring Intel Core 2 Duo"..

The store is still down though..

edit: sorry, that is the us site... www.apple.com

still! yay!
  • Reply 77 of 91
    erikyeriky Posts: 10member
    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/nov/08macbook.html

The frontpage has it too now. It's official. Only change seems to be the Core 2 duo.
  • Reply 78 of 91
    no, the two faster models (black and white ) both come with 1Gb memory as standard, and black seems to come with 120G hard drive, white with 80Gb... so far as i can see.

edit:ooh! and dual layer dvd!
  • Reply 79 of 91
    Finally.

Hopefully January Macworld people are eating a dick now. Or a hat or whatever. Time to hit up the apple store...
  • Reply 80 of 91
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pippin

Finally.

Hopefully January Macworld people are eating a dick now.

LOL