Apple updates MacBook line with Core 2 Duo processors

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 111
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by japan_01

I noticed on the future hardware forum that Apple will release it's LEOPARD in Jan 2007.

The official word from Apple is that Leopard is coming "Spring 2007". It won't be out in January.
  • Reply 102 of 111
    Spring can mean pretty much anytime before June, and the OS is only 129... maybe less if you are a student. By the way, just remembered you can get a student discount in Japan (make sure to take your gaikokojintorukusho for proof) but it is only about 10%.

The trouble with buying computers is almost as soon as you buy it, they release a new one. You have to make a choice and be happy with it for a couple of years, come what may.

If you're leaving Jan 26, it might be a hard call... If I were you, I'd buy now, but I'm crazy about Macs and know what I could do with it before heading home. You might be different, and you might benefit more from picking up a nice camera, taking as many photos as you can, and recording your time here. I spent time abroad in high school and college (before even dreaming of coming to Japan) and can tell you that the memories stay with you forever (though I have not been alive forever, yet). You really should make the most of it.

Jump over to Lake Biwa and take some photos of the fall trees. It is second only to a very few places on the planet. Visit Hiroshima. Man, there is so much to do and see here. Ten years from now you'll wish you had.

Of course, getting the Mac now would help you document all of this wonder.

8)
  • Reply 103 of 111
    luqeluqe Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

By the way, just remembered you can get a student discount in Japan (make sure to take your gaikokojintorukusho for proof) but it is only about 10%.

8)

hmm.. you seem to know much about japan

hey.. i'm not student, but i work for only 3 month in university..

is it possible also to get student discount ?

if i buy directly in the apple store (i plan to go on Sibuya store)

do i have to wait for the macbook to order to USA first ?

or i can get it in the same day ? is it already Core 2 duo ?

i think the C2D is 5000 yen more price.. than before..

i don't have much time left here.. only 1 month more...

and i really want to get macbook...

7% discount for macbook is really will helping me..

cause i don't have more money to put into buying laptop...
  • Reply 104 of 111
    I don't know if they are in stock yet. The apple store online says 3-5 days. It may be longer if you add memory or change configurations. If you want the machine as is, no wait, if they have it in stock. I'm not sure if you will qualify for the discount... depends on wheterh your card says student, faculty or what not.
  • Reply 105 of 111
    This link takes you to a list from Intel of games that are and aren't compatable with its GMA950 chipset.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945gm/sb/cs-021400.htm[/URL]

Can anyone confirm this is an accurate reflection of what works and what doesn't?
  • Reply 106 of 111
    I will purchase the MacBook now... I didn't realise it was so cheap for Leopard! Will it work on my MacBook or will I need to update to a new system? I am already getting 25% off thecomputer because my friend works at the Apple Store. I am also getting an ipod for 15% off!

As for Japan... I have been here 3 times. (This would be my 3rd visit) I have seen the majority of Japan already. Hiroshima, Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto, Yokohama, Chiba, Toyohashi, Gunma, Kochi, Mie, Nagoya, Aichi, Gifu... the list goes on. My favourite place without a doubt would have to be Hiroshima. Beautiful city, amazing war museum, delicious okomiyaki and WIDE roads! I am currently living in Nagoya.. it's ok but the no tree factor is kinda devastating.
  • Reply 107 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya

I amazed how many people don't bother learning about the return policy. Yes you can take it back for a 10% restocking fee as long as you bought it stock, with no customization, and you have all the original packaging, accessories, and documentation.

So, I bought a white MacBook last Saturday since I assumed no MacBook would be upgraded anytime soon but now it did. Now I thought of returning it this Saturday and my right speaker just died. What does this mean? No restocking fee?
  • Reply 108 of 111
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aiolos

amen to that brotha!

COME ON MONTANA AND VIRGINIA! give us the majority! 8)

And so they have. Sorry, Karl Rove and George W, you're done.

Now all I need is for Steve to cough up a 999 USD MacBook early next year (with Leopard pre-installed, natch), and my needs are met. Life is good.
  • Reply 109 of 111
    kzelk4kzelk4 Posts: 100member
    In the Canadian education store, once you upgrade the top white model to the 120gb drive, there's only a difference of $32 between the white and black model.
  • Reply 110 of 111
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by japan_01

I will purchase the MacBook now... I didn't realise it was so cheap for Leopard! Will it work on my MacBook or will I need to update to a new system? I am already getting 25% off thecomputer because my friend works at the Apple Store. I am also getting an ipod for 15% off!

I would guess that when Leopard arrives that it will purr (pun intended) on the C2D Macbooks. Get one, you'll be happy.