Macworld San Francisco 2007

Comments

• Reply 81 of 256
    hazzhazz Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyriX

MMkay...

More details, if not actual release of iTV. (anyone else think this might be a mac mini replacement? Just putting it out there)

thats a good idea8) , and i hope they will release a mini tower to replace the low range mac
  • Reply 82 of 256
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by looksthatkill

macbook price drops would be insane!! i'm grabbing one after MWSF! I dunno if it'll happen though, they seem to be selling like hotcakes!

Quickly, everyone stop buying hotcakes, I want a price drop
  • Reply 83 of 256
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    A .Mac update would be nice. I just had to have my Macbook's HDD replaced (Don't ask) and it saved me countless hours of reorganizing (WHEN IS GMAIL GOING TO GET IMAP SUPPORT? :@) everything again. So I'm kind of hoping they will make that $70 I spent will go to an even better cause..

It would be nice to see the Minimum storage go up, 1 GB is pushing it for me so I give it out to VERY few people, since I only have about 14 MB dedicated to .Mac Mail, and even 4 GB is hard to get by with considering everything that they want you to do with it (create a Homepage, backup data, etc.)

Any ideas what else may be in store for .Mac?

Sebastian
  • Reply 84 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiseki

I was hoping you were referring to their ultraportables (4 models weighing 999g-1490g, 9-15hr battery life, 10.4-14.1" XGA-SXGA+ screens. e.g.: the W5 model weighs 1199g, lasts 12hrs with a 12.1"screen and DVDRW drive, withstands weight up to 100kg. With the top Y5 model, you can even knock an glass of water over the keyboard without killing it). Plus, these are all built domestically (i.e. in Japan) for better QC. I'd have bought one ages ago if they didn't have the wrong startup melody...

MacBook Lite?
  • Reply 85 of 256
    Fujitsu just released a 2.5" HD for laptops with 300GB and spins at 4500 RPM. I'd LOVE to see Apple drop those in the new MBP's!!!!
  • Reply 86 of 256
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brian Green

Fujitsu just released a 2.5" HD for laptops with 300GB and spins at 4500 RPM. I'd LOVE to see Apple drop those in the new MBP's!!!!

geez! my two month old MacBook Core Duo looks old ... intel please no Quad Core mobile CPU on Jan 07... that would be crazy!!!

hmmm 4500 RPM is slow, 5400 RPM is acceptable.
  • Reply 87 of 256
    Quote:

hmmm 4500 RPM is slow, 5400 RPM is acceptable.

Likely a Type considering that you (or at least I) haven't seen any 4500RPM HDDs around. 5400RPM is standard in Macbook's I believe.
  • Reply 88 of 256
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    It's funny that MWSF is less than a month away, and rumors are scarce again. The supposed iPhone is only one I am aware of.
  • Reply 89 of 256
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I agree onlooker. iPhone is the thing

I would add to that the widescreen ipod as a possibility.

iTV, Leopard and Mac Pro Octo-core for Spring.

I guess that's all, unless the mystery device will apear on blow us all away!
  • Reply 91 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy

I would add to that the widescreen ipod as a possibility.

I really want one of these, but I'm going to say no for MWSF 2007. I finally saw a decent reason why it's being delayed, and it makes sense. Jobs wants to hold off releasing this until the iTunes Movie Store is booming. Right now it's just clunking along with Disney. That doesn't sell many widescreen iPods.

Once the other major studios are on-board, then Presto! The widescreen iPod suddenly appears, and sells like hot cakes.

Makes sense.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy

iTV, Leopard and Mac Pro Octo-core for Spring.

I really want these too.

iTV will probably wait until late Spring -- possibly for the same reason I mentioned above -- or possibly to work out all the bugs.

Steve already said that Leopard will be out after Vista, so that's February at least.

I don't really care about an Octo-core Mac Pro, but I'll take a current version for $1,000 less!
  • Reply 92 of 256
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    yea but didn't SJ say he had some reserve leopard info now what could that be.......iphone integration, what' being held back?
  • Reply 93 of 256
    There is a rumor over at Macrumors mentioning iChat AV with Voicemail

Next thing you know, True VoIP (I don't consider "Computer to Computer" VoIP)

Sebastian
  • Reply 94 of 256
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    More details, if not actual release of iTV. (anyone else think this might be a mac mini replacement? Just putting it out there)

I think if the mini effectively too a side jump to become iTV, then that really does leave a gaping hole in Apple line up. The mini is a good stepping stone into the Apple world with the bring your own keyboard setup. I think they would have to really replace the mini then with another standalone mini-machine box.

Personally, i would like to see:

- updated displays . . . the Apples ones are really lacking in terms of price point / features ( even lacking in compatability with Apple's own directions such as the iSights etc )

- an updated macmini box / desktop box / consumer box. bigger hdds

- More on Leopard . . . personally i think we'll see more about its graphics engine. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised to see some really really fancy graphics as part of the slideshow projected behind Steve and for Steve to turn round and say . . . . by the way, thats how Leopard will look an act.
  • Reply 95 of 256
    Oops, double post
  • Reply 96 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fisha

Personally, i would like to see:

- updated displays . . . the Apples ones are really lacking in terms of price point / features ( even lacking in compatability with Apple's own directions such as the iSights etc )

- an updated macmini box / desktop box / consumer box. bigger hdds

- More on Leopard . . . personally i think we'll see more about its graphics engine. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised to see some really really fancy graphics as part of the slideshow projected behind Steve and for Steve to turn round and say . . . . by the way, thats how Leopard will look an act.

Sounds about right. I reckon we'll see a fair chunk of the following;

- iTV (renamed)

- iPhone

- Small MacBook Pro

- iPod Video

- Mac Mini update - more RAM, bigger HD. Possibly a new direction to tie in with iTV.

(around the time of MWSF if not on the actual week)

- Leopard preview - available in March
  • Reply 97 of 256
    I don't get these Mac Mini replacements with iTV…

They are part of 2 completely different lines, iTV I suspect will get the branding of the iPod, and the Mac Mini is well... a Mac!

Sebastian
  • Reply 98 of 256
    Assume a 2 hour Keynote, broken into 15 minute segments. We got 8 slots for Steve J to fill.

Somethings are pretty obvious:

1. Sales information - the standard starter.

2. iLife 07 - annual presentation with new features so we will get out the credit card.

3. iWork 07 - same reason as iLife 07

4. Leopard. With Vista arriving Steve J isn't passing this up.

Then, since it's a Mac meeting:

5. A new or revised Mac. Selling iLife is fine, selling a Mac is a lot better.

Then iPods. The Division is too strong not to have something new for us:

6. iPod something or other.

That leaves 2 slots.

7. iTV. Steve J has previewed it and would be embarrassed if he didn't deliver.

8. iPhone. If everything related to it is a go.

That's how I see it assuming 15 minute slots.

Other slot fillers might be a second Mac, new displays, dot Mc upgrades, etc.

Keep an eye on the clock as you follow the Keynote and you can get a good indication if there will be less than 8 slots. Hope not.
  • Reply 99 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus

Then iPods. The Division is too strong not to have something new for us:

6. iPod something or other.

I agree with all of your other stuff, just not this one. This is a Mac gathering, and I think he will be focusing on just the Mac. What I think will happen is that his Leopard slot will fill up to be 30 minutes, instead of 15. After all, let's just rub into Microsoft's face how what they are doing is sooooo 2 years ago.
  • Reply 100 of 256
    Maybe the .mac + Leopard update might include a built-in VoIP service for mac users that rivals offerings like Skype. The new Leapard release definitely is hinting at something approaching this.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/softw...ine-221661.php

.Mac membership includes the exact same service Skype is now pimping. Free .mac-to-.mac calling plus unlimited calling to outside lines for $100/year sounds like something that could flow from the company that brings us the Fair Play DRM.

Ties right into a dual mode mobile smart phone. I mean. Why not add the ability to call outside lines to a .mac iChat account?