Chinas Military: Aerial Images of Secret Aircraft Carrier, Submarines & fighter jets

Comments

• Reply 41 of 71
    Aggressive caution.
  • Reply 42 of 71
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Are we at war with China? No.

Do we have sanctions against China? No.

Could we kick their asses in any sort of war, aircraft carrier or no? Yeah.

Uh, exactly. Most people knew about this aircraft carrier, which is suppondely a rusted out bucket of bolts that is at least 40 years old. Who gives a shit.
  • Reply 43 of 71
    sunny,

oh you are so going down.
  • Reply 44 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

sunny,

oh you are so going down.

• Reply 45 of 71
    heres a view of Diego Garcia, a US base in the middle of the Indian ocean, its home to a squad of B-52 bombers as well as 4 b-2 bomber and some mid air refueler, i am sure these would be used against china, or anyone, if the US were attacked:

http://www.intrepidearth.com/tour/06...hp?loc=default
  • Reply 46 of 71
    my brother's squadron flew off diego when he was still flying the "buffs" during the first gulf war. i knew it was small, just never realized it was that small.
  • Reply 47 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gilsch

So Moe....when are you joining the military again? I mean, since the China threat is "evident" and all.

Come on Patriot! Show those Lefties™ how it's done! www.goarmy.com

Last I checked, you have to be older than 12 to join the Army. Moe's too young.
  • Reply 48 of 71
    When did I call for the use of the military against China?
  • Reply 49 of 71
    This thread needs a chart...

And another Chinese aircraft carrier...
  • Reply 50 of 71
    That's a nice chart.

"Moe Knows Charts"
  • Reply 51 of 71
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Lose some weight, Moe.
  • Reply 52 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southside grabowski

That's a nice chart.

"Moe Knows Charts"

New on Fox:

"Moe Knows"

---

Scary chart.
  • Reply 53 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman

This thread needs a chart...

And another Chinese aircraft carrier...

The chart is a bit misguided because this is not "weapons" spending this is the budget of DOD and related organizations. A very good chunk of this money goes to research that, while could be military related, is good for other purposes.

Another big chunk of money goes to replace the shit blown up in Iraq... and another big chunk of money goes to sustain the corrupt, inefficient paper-pusher army. So the amount of money actually going to stockpiling weapons is rather marginal.

How the numbers for other countries are calculated... I don't know... but I would be surprised of this was a true "apples to apples" comparison.
  • Reply 54 of 71
    According to GlobalSecurity:

Rest of world: $500 billion......US: $466 billion....total: $966 billion

That comes to 48%.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...d/spending.htm

A breakdown would be nice, but these figures are total expenditures, not really caring what it is spent on. Other countries do research and have to replace old equipment, too.

Perhaps in the US we need to figure out PAC money, salaries of the CEOs of defense manufactures (far, far higher I would expect than the world average), Haliburton's Allocation, kickbacks and other things.

What about over-priced items? The military bought ice-cube trays that you can buy at a home center for 85 cents, but instead of being frugal with our tax dollars, they decided to pay the manufacture $85 apiece.

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2005/12/1221404

Where's my old lemonade stand? I'm sure I left it around here somewhere...
  • Reply 55 of 71
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

The US kidnaps people of any nationality.

THe US detains people without charge.

The US brutalizes prisoners.

The US spies on its citizens.

The US suppresses documents that may hurt the current government.

The US invades sovereign nations on false pretenses.

Not the kind of folks to trust.

We need to clear things up at home before we start to worry about other countries.

Perhaps a more accurate assessment would be a select few within the US federal government.. rather than simply "the US".

The overwhelming majority of the US people are civilized, decent folk and strongly disapprove of the items in your list. Those who have 'legitimized' (or supported) such unAmerican activity either have an self-serving agenda to pursue, or they are rogue/criminal elements within a government, or they have been duped, or paranoid, or psychopaths.... or one of a variety of combinations of the above.

• Reply 56 of 71

Dated, only shows nuclear testing but the fact is that China has only about 300 odd nuclear warheads.

Chinese Nuclear Forces, 2006

The strength they have is in our purse strings.

/wow, look at 1962 on that chart
  • Reply 57 of 71
    The actions of the government represent the country to the world. If the government is moronic, then the people are considered moronic; who put them there?

Visit a foreign country and ask what the general impression of the US is; it is not very good.

Or just read the newspaper:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/13/wo...rssnyt&emc=rss
  • Reply 58 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

The actions of the government represent the country to the world. If the government is moronic, then the people are considered moronic; who put them there?

Visit a foreign country and ask what the general impression of the US is; it is not very good.

Or just read the newspaper:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/13/wo...rssnyt&emc=rss

I agree with that. But I'm still amazed at that spike on that chart. 1962 was the Cuban Missile Crisis. A lot of saber rattling going on there...closest the Earth got to a nuclear exchange.

I'm tired. Goodnight.
  • Reply 59 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman

I agree with that. But I'm still amazed at that spike on that chart. 1962 was the Cuban Missile Crisis. A lot of saber rattling going on there...closest the Earth got to a nuclear exchange.

I'm tired. Goodnight.

My post above was not in response to your post above it, rather the one further up questioning loyalty to the party line.

Yeah, things were getting out of hand around 62; thankfully for all of us they did not get completely screwy. Spent a large portion of my younger life next to a military base where there were large nummbers of nuclear weapons; we pray (although we were agnostic) every day that theere was never an accident ((I want my children to have two feet, not three). We also lived with the knowledge that if war ever did break out between the US and USSR we would have been evaported before the morons in DC who would have had a handd in starting it all. Remember the drills we had at school way back when? Get under your desk asap, don't look at the flash, blah blah blah. Our headmaster skipped them; he knew we didn't have a chance.
  • Reply 60 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

sunny, oh you are so going down.

I challenge you to a Broccoli Steam-Off ...!!!