O.J. Simpson: Guilty as Sin

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
So O.J. is going on Fox soon and publicizing his new book "If I Did It," where he details how he "would have" killed Nicole and Ron.

Let me just say this: What a disgusting, hellbound egomaniac. He drops off the front page for a while and now he has to do this. Also, fuck Fox for showing this thing, whenever it's on.

The Goldman's are likely going to sue again, possibly naming Fox along with Simpson. Good for them.

Dear O.J. : I hope you burn in hell.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001

So O.J. is going on Fox soon and publicizing his new book "If I Did It," where he details how he "would have" killed Nicole and Ron.

Let me just say this: What a disgusting, hellbound egomaniac. He drops off the front page for a while and now he has to do this. Also, fuck Fox for showing this thing, whenever it's on.

The Goldman's are likely going to sue again, possibly naming Fox along with Simpson. Good for them.

Dear O.J. : I hope you burn in hell.

Pathetic way to make a buck for OJ and Fox. If he did not do it, there is no way he could write such a thing. Pathetic.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    What a dickhead. Even if he didn't do it, why is he thinking about it now? He's got to be messed up. Maybe he'll provide some sort of evidence in this proving his guilt.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    Fox should burn in hell.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Who cares.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    Come on, this is the same station that has aired Joe Millionaire, My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, Simple Life, Who Wants to Marry My Dad?, The Swan, Celebrity Boxing, NASCAR. (I could go on and on.)

What do you expect? It's Fox...

This probably isn't even the worst thing they've aired in the last 3 months...
  • Reply 6 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Come on, this is the same station that has aired Joe Millionaire, My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, Simple Life, Who Wants to Marry My Dad?, The Swan, Celebrity Boxing, NASCAR. (I could go on and on.)

What do you expect? It's Fox...

This probably isn't even the worst thing they've aired in the last 3 months...

Here in Texas we like NASCAR.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southside grabowski

Here in Texas we like NASCAR.

Here in California we like O.J.
  • Reply 8 of 39
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    His kids now know there's a book out there about how their father killed their mother!?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Who cares.

Because Fox and Judith Regan are corporations shameless enough to give this killer a forum.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    The whole thing is nasty, but I have a twinge of a counter-thought. Fox is not exactly a fan of OJ. They have smeared him for years, apparently deservedly so. Even though it's clear they're not against making a buck or two themselves, I wonder if some of this attention is meant to throw it into everyone's face that this guy is not innocent.

I have to say that I work with people who still bring OJ up as an example of racial oppression. A lot of people don't seem to attach him to murder.

Just a thought...
  • Reply 10 of 39
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Even the book's publisher thinks he's guilty: http://www.startribune.com/484/story/813423.html

I like how they made the "IF" white and left the "I DID IT" in red. What is he thinking?

• Reply 11 of 39
    Why so angry fellas? Don't lose perspective. Dont foget the important things. OJ was a great actor. He gave us Capricorn One. Best movie ever. I think he played baseball, too.

OJ was tried in our fine court system and he was acquitted. Period. After all, it WAS circumstantial evidence right? Not guilty. Say that 3 times slowly and breath deep.

If the glove don't fit...write a book 10 years later and get f*ckin' RICH.

Now that OJ has been aquitted in the American Court System™, he can't be tried again - even if he *does* admit to murder. That's how it works. I guess when you can afford the best lawyers you can get out of ANYTHING. That's what's great about America. I think. Or not. Depends on if you are OJ or the corpse in his living room, I suppose.

It's a shame he was tried *again* in civil court after the murder criminal trial. Seems like Double Jeopardy to me. I don't personally like "The Juice", but it doesn't seem right - regardless of WHO the "killer" is. I mean, is it really fair to be found INNOCENT in the court of law, but then get sued for 35 million dollars for "damages" to Nicole's family. If OJ was found innocent, then how did he "damage" them? Have to play Devil's advocate - sorry.

Gotta love the car chase. If OJ was innocent, what was he doing in the back of a car racing all over LA with a gun? Don't forget that Marus Allen was driving, which I find hilarious. I live in KC and Marcus was a KC Chief at the time. Go Chiefs! Nevermind. I hate football. Hockey fan here. Less violent, ya know.

I am no fanboy of Fox. But they sure are entertaining sometimes. "No Spin Zone". Heh. Good one, Bill-O.

Those old TV ads for Avis Rent-A-Car are poetic aren't they? Seeing OJ run like that is pure cinematic foreshadowing. He would have made a great NFL receiver. Run OJ! Run!

<cliche> There's no justice.There's just us. </cliche>
  • Reply 12 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan

It's a shame he was tried again in civil court after the murder criminal trial. Seems like Double Jeopardy to me. I don't like OJ, but this doesnt seem right to regardless of WHO the "killer" is.</cliche>

It's not double jeopardy.

The standards of proof in criminal and civil matters differ. Criminal cases need certainty "beyond a reasonable doubt," a much higher standard of proof than a mere "preponderance of evidence" that civil cases require. The results of the two trials aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The criminal case against Mr. Simpson probably met the preponderance of evidence burden as well. That's just not enough to incur criminal penalty. If you don't think families deserve survivorship or wrongful death damages in civil court, that's one thing. But I think it's pretty callous regardless.
  • Reply 13 of 39

• Reply 14 of 39
    ShawnJ, are you enjoying law school?
  • Reply 15 of 39
    It sucks.

Sigh.

But worth it someday. That's what I keep telling myself.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

If you don't think families deserve survivorship or wrongful death damages in civil court, that's one thing. But I think it's pretty callous regardless.

Slow down, sparky. I LOVED that woman. Her family means the world to me. Almost as much as OJ does. He was such a great film actor. Haven't you seen him ACT before?

Wrongful death damages? But he is INNOCENT. OJ aint wearin' stripes my friend. Hes wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo right now.

I have all of Jessica Simpson's CDs. She was very talanted. I hope Fox News finds her killer soon.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    Quote:

Wrongful death damages? But he is INNOCENT.

Did you read a word I typed?
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

Did you read a word I typed?

I read a bunch of 'em! Thanks.

You will make a great defense lawyer someday. Maybe you can defend Brittany Spears after her sex tape fades away and she drowns her kid in a shallow bathtub.

I saw an interview with OJ on TV yesterday and he looked right at the camera and he told America that he's INNOCENT. I heard him. Didn't you see it? It was on Fox, I think.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    Quote:

I read a bunch of 'em! Thanks.

You will make a great defense lawyer someday. Maybe you can defend Brittany Spears after her sex tape fades away and she drowns her kid in a shallow bathtub.

I saw an interview with OJ on TV yesterday and he looked right at the camera and he told America that he's INNOCENT. I heard him. Didn't you see it? It was on FOX I think.

She's looking good these days!

Finally dumped K-fed.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    The OJ case was the biggest foul up.. talk about an incompetent prosecution. He was as guilty as sin, re. some involvement in the murders, of that I am 100% convinced. I am also convinced that another party was involved... I am kinda skeptical that he had a direct hands-on role, and was the sole perp. Simpson himself is (was) the kind of person, with the necessary funds, who would get some other party to do the dirty work... especially in a premeditated case like this, when he could easily afford a few $grand to some anonymous gangbanger to carry out the hits.

Then there was the case of a pair Russian spy satellite infra-red photos (that did the rounds a year of so after the case), which picked up a vehicle that matched OJ's Bronco in his driveway at 10-50pm, with the hood cold indicating that it hadn't been driven anywhere. Can anyone can find a link to that, because I took a look and no joy.