O.J. Simpson: Guilty as Sin

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan

Gotta love the car chase. If OJ was innocent, what was he doing in the back of a car racing all over LA with a gun? Don't forget that Marus Allen was driving, which I find hilarious. I live in KC and Marcus was a KC Chief at the time. Go Chiefs! Nevermind. I hate football. Hockey fan here. Less violent, ya know.

Marcus Allen did not drive the car. His buddy A.C. did...you can quit laughing now.

I also hope you were joking about him playing baseball. I can't distinguish the sarcasm from the BS.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    Capricorn One? OMG, talk about a blast from the past! And don't forget about "Naked Gun 33-1/3 The Final Insult."

But seriously, won't any money OJ makes off of this have to go towards the 8 million that was awarded to the Goldman family when he lost his civil trial?
  • Reply 23 of 39
    33 million and no, he apparently has found a way to hide these assets...
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

Really? Wow, I'd think the Goldman lawyers would be drooling over this. Do you have any details?
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

I can't distinguish the sarcasm from the BS.

Thanks. My job is done here. As George W would say: "Mission acomplished!"

:0)
  • Reply 26 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan

Slow down, sparky. I LOVED that woman. Her family means the world to me. Almost as much as OJ does. He was such a great film actor. Haven't you seen him ACT before?

Wrongful death damages? But he is INNOCENT. OJ aint wearin' stripes my friend. Hes wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo right now.

I have all of Jessica Simpson's CDs. She was very talanted. I hope Fox News finds her killer soon.

An Acquittal does not an innocent person make. A legal finding of "not-guilty" indicates that a jury found reasonable doubt of a person's guilt. It means that they jury was unable to say that the person was guilty beyond the threshold that is reasonable doubt. It does not mean they found him "innocent."

On the subject however - there is very little likelihood that there could be any further legal consequence to Simpson. Certainly there would be no further criminal liability, and it's unlikely that he would be sued again.

That being said - it's disgusting and ridiculous. If anything, you would think that Simpson would want to rehabilitate his image - not continue to destroy it. I can only hope that no one buys the book.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OBJRA10

An Acquittal does not an innocent person make. A legal finding of "not-guilty" indicates that a jury found reasonable doubt of a person's guilt. It means that they jury was unable to say that the person was guilty beyond the threshold that is reasonable doubt. It does not mean they found him "innocent."

On the subject however - there is very little likelihood that there could be any further legal consequence to Simpson. Certainly there would be no further criminal liability, and it's unlikely that he would be sued again.

That being said - it's disgusting and ridiculous. If anything, you would think that Simpson would want to rehabilitate his image - not continue to destroy it. I can only hope that no one buys the book.

You set 'em straight!
  • Reply 28 of 39
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe OJ was found not guilty.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    He was acquitted in the criminal trial but found responsible in the civil trial. He's considered guilty, thouhg he's not going to jail for it.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

the way he "hides his assets" is by purchasing houses in florida. In florida they can take everything but your house as assets. He just puts all his money into his house where it is therefore safe
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronaldo

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe OJ was found not guilty.

Thanks for the comic relief.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    His house isn't anything all that special. It's about ten minurtes away from me. It's in an expensive area, but it certainly doesn't stand out, especially to the one next to it about 3 times its size.

On a side note, I almost accidentally hit him with my car as he was getting mail from his mailbox about a year ago. I'm not sure how to feel about that... \
  • Reply 33 of 39
    Fox has canceled the book and the TV program
  • Reply 34 of 39
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

How do you think that affects his contract?

Think he still gets the millions upfront (or has he already received the money?)
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Quote:

Fox has nothing to do with the book.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    They own Judith Regan.

(News Corp owns ReganBooks)
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

They own Judith Regan.

(News Corp owns ReganBooks)

Right. The post should have said News Corp., not Fox.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    Oh god...