iPod report boosts Apple shares to all-time high

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Heh. There's the suggested "food pyramid" style of investments, with cash savings, term deposits forming the base, then mutual funds around the middle, then single stocks and speculative stuff at the tip of the pyramid.

To each his own. Having a single stock as our only investment gave us over 12 times our original purchase price in 3.5 years. That's good enough for me. If we had stuck with mutual funds, we might have doubled our money, at best.

• Reply 62 of 77
    WOW!

$90.31

I was expecting a little drop before this. Looks like the market is readying for the iPhone...
  • Reply 63 of 77
    High: 90.75
  • Reply 64 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OfficerDigby

.......I was expecting a little drop before this. Looks like the market is readying for the iPhone...

People are thinking, sure, a hell of a lot of people have iPods.... But *EVERYONE* has a mobile/cell phone ....This is the core reason of the hype. People getting in on a music mobile phone ---- even if Apple carves out only 5% of global mobile phone market, that would be friggin MASSSSIVE. Whoa.

Also it would mean AAPL is a growth stock as the iPod cell phone gathers momentum and increases marketshare.

Wow, there's a lot of upside potential to AAPL now and a very very high expectation of iPhone introduction and performance in 2007. If it doesn't pan out, the stock will slide to $60 or so. Hmmmm.... Apple PDA? Whoa.
  • Reply 65 of 77
    I was wondering WhereTF the Thursday trading was, but it be Thanksgiving in da US, no?? Happy Thanksgiving...!!! Let's hit $91 on Friday trading (if it is not a public holiday)................. Got more info on when and how much my brother got of AAPL at $64 so I'll run some profit analysis and stop-loss strategies maybe over the next week or whenever I had time. Actually, I'm quite shocked the amount he sank into one single stock, but as some of you found, that has been a very good strategy when it comes to AAPL. Heh.
  • Reply 66 of 77
    Holey Moley one British Pound buys $1.92 USD You UK people must luuuuvv jumping across the pond to do some nice shopping in the USA.... According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_t..._United_States Boston would be good, 5% tax only... Man the VAT \tValue Added Tax* at 17.5% in the UK is exorbitant!!!! WTF?!!

And for those checking out the West coast Oregon with no sales tax is fun... Though the cities in Oregon not so exciting Southern Oregon is quite beautiful, visited it in 2002, but kinda sleeeeepy.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_A...x#EU_countries
  • Reply 67 of 77
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

I was wondering WhereTF the Thursday trading was, but it be Thanksgiving in da US, no?? Happy Thanksgiving...!!! Let's hit $91 on Friday trading (if it is not a public holiday)

I don't know if the Friday after the US Thanksgiving is considered a holiday, but most people have that day off, save for retail people. it's the biggest shopping day of the year. I'll be working, but on projects for myself and my business.
  • Reply 68 of 77
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    highs lows, records hmmmm...when it is all said and done let me interprit the news for you

APPLE IS KICKING MAJOR BUTT AND APPLE'S BUTT KICKING WILL CONTINUE TO GROW

hows that and when the revenue from the iphone, itv comes along competitors butts and faces will be red as well
  • Reply 69 of 77
    iPhone is going to continue the upward trend -- I feel it in my bones now. It will initially be laughed at by the major players as a "handicapped midget". But 2007 should be a good year for AAPL and the iPhone is a major growth market for Apple, hence making AAPL a growth stock for 2007. Hmmm.... *sits back and strokes (nonexistent) beard* <mr.burns>....excellent.....</mr.burns>
  • Reply 70 of 77
    $120 by mid-2007 ???!!! ??!!
  • Reply 71 of 77
    $120 seems a bit steep. I wouldn't bet against $100 after a drop at the start of the year.
  • Reply 72 of 77
    Already hit 93.08 today.
  • Reply 73 of 77
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Split
  • Reply 74 of 77
    Nah, in 2007 analysts and punters will be trying to push $120, $130 though first half of the year we may only see $110 or so...? Hard to say, but my call at the moment is no split. Have a good weekend, tune in next week for more exciting AAPL market action. Same channel, same time, ad-free. 8)
  • Reply 75 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

$120 seems a bit steep. I wouldn't bet against $100 after a drop at the start of the year.

Yeah if it slides below $85 in the first quarter of next year I'm going to advise my brother to set some stop-loss strategies in place. He's on 50% return rate per annum at the moment with AAPL. Compared with 5%-10% for savings/ mutual funds, it's pretty bloody amazing. But looking for him towards the end of 2007, probably if AAPL slides below $85 or $80, we'll look for an average return of 35% per annum for 2006-2007 with his investment.

I don't think there'd be any slide below $80 though, Apple has some big plans for 2007 - they've got no choice but bring out their A++ game with Macs and iPods done, dusted, and flying out the doors. The market is hungry for the next big thing out of Apple. Product updates won't cut it. Leopard and iTV alone won't cut it. And the iPhone, yeah, that better be MASSIVE or the market will skin AAPL alive.... perhaps
  • Reply 76 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER

highs lows, records hmmmm...when it is all said and done let me interprit the news for you

APPLE IS KICKING MAJOR BUTT AND APPLE'S BUTT KICKING WILL CONTINUE TO GROW ...

Heh. Steve Jobs' "Special Reserve": (image)

• Reply 77 of 77
    [QUOTE=sunilraman]Heh. Steve Jobs' "Special Reserve": (image)

Heh, heh. I saw that bottle before.